But oh those lonely nights .........

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
I had a lovely evening, and a delicious meal. Unfortunately, when I came home there was a call from one of Gloria's daughters, saying that her Mum didn't even want her visiting, and had asked for no visitors at all for the next few days.

I tried to placate her by saying that obviously Mum was just so worn out, that she didn't want anyone to see her and be distressed by her appearance etc. And then there was a silence and she asked "you've done Mum's Eulogy and poem, haven't you?" :(

I tried to act my way out of it, and said, yes but we wouldn't be needing it till 2040, at the earliest, but of course, they were words, and now it's 3 am, and I just can't sleep. Please God, she'll turn a corner soon and she'll be fit and well again.

Hi Scarlett, see you haven't been on for a few of days. I hope things are ok with you and Gloria. Thinking of you. Hugs M xxx :)

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
So sorry that things are getting worse, no words can help but hope there's a little bit of comfort in knowing that we're all here giving you our virtual support at this very hard time. xxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
So sorry that things are getting worse, no words can help but hope there's a little bit of comfort in knowing that we're all here giving you our virtual support at this very hard time. xxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Your support means the world to me. Thank you all so much. Praying for a miracle now. xxx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
It's never a "good time" to loose or have anybody so seriously ill, but I really feel for you that you have this in your life at this time of year

Squishy hugs xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
A teeny weeny improvement for Gloria at the end of last week - not much, but definitely something. I'm clinging to any hope at all. She's so upset that she won't be able to come to the Panto, but hopefully, someone's 2nd cousin twice removed is going to record it.

My granddaughter continues her Saturday Job with me, and yesterday we bought this year's bauble for the tree - John and I used to take her every year to do this. I wouldn't bother with any decorations, but she wants to continue the tradition, and I update the list every year listing what we have bought. She put the tree up yesterday and all the baubles, and has confirmed that she will definitely accompany me to the Crematorium on the 23rd - 2 years since John died.

I've sponsored the floodlighting again, at the Church, for the month, in John's name and though I'm dreading "Mourning Week" again, I hope to cope better than last year. December 21st we met, first date the 22nd, John died on the 23rd, proposed on the 24th and his Birthday was Christmas Day. Agony piled on agony, piled on agony.

There are blank pages in my diary from Christmas Eve until 3rd January, and I know Gloria's extended family will want to take advantage of their work-free days to visit her, and it's not fair for me to take up their time, or overtire her, but obviously I will be available to visit whenever.

And I have Jobs Planned to keep me going, and Billy can share my turkey dinner. Love to everyone. xxxx

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
And love returned Scarlett. May your mourning week be just a tiny bit easier this year and Gloria just a tiny bit better. She'll be with you in spirit for the panto .
Hope billy will be good company and you both enjoy the turkey. Xxx

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Will be thinking of you, Scarlett as you go through your 'Mourning Week' and hope it is just a little easier this year, for you and all the January wives. So pleased that Gloria's has rallied a little and how great that your lovely granddaughter wants to keep the traditions going. Hope panto goes well. xx

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Will also be thinking of you, Scarlett. You have a treasure in your granddaughter, and the traditions you and she are building will be a strength to her in the future, when she's raising a family of her own.