But oh those lonely nights .........

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Well done.

Now I have mastered a paint brush, you can plug things in, if we get a few more with a speciality we could start up a little business. We could be called the Can Does. :):):)

What a great idea. :D I know it seems daft, but I have such trouble now unpacking things and pushing things in, that it's a real achievement. I had to position the plug and push it in - with my foot. :eek:

That's 2 "A" things I never thought about back in the Swinging 60s - Alzheimer's and Arthritis.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
I am so impressed, Scarlett. Have arthritis and Dupytrens in my hands so know how difficult it can be. Like the idea of going into business, jay

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Is it just me that wonders why our electrical sockets have to be at floor level?? It's so awkward, isn't it? It might be neater - but it would sure be more convenient to have them at elbow height!!

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Is it just me that wonders why our electrical sockets have to be at floor level?? It's so awkward, isn't it? It might be neater - but it would sure be more convenient to have them at elbow height!!

New builds in uk, I think, now have to have sockets approx one and a half feet up from the floor which is better than down near the floor. But unless we live in a new build then we have to put up with the inconvenience. I know when my knee decides to have an off day vacuuming is a no no because I can't plug it in.:)

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"New builds in uk, I think, now have to have sockets approx one and a half feet up from the floor..."

Part M recommends, but does not mandate, a height between 45cm and 1200mm for habitable rooms, excluding kitchens, in new build.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
What's your biggest epiphany so far with dealing with Alzheimer's friends or family?

Hi Mike. :) I suppose it was one day, when my husband said "Is it Thursday" for the zillionth time that day (it was his favourite question). Instead of me saying "no, it's Monday", to which he'd say "so tomorrow is Saturday" and I would reply, often through gritted teeth "no it's Tuesday" ................ and then he'd start all over again ................... well one day I said "yes it is", though it wasn't. And he said "oh, so I'm right", and he was so pleased.

And in an instant, a load of stress disappeared. So my mantra became "go with the flow", and I encouraged others to do the same. Because it didn't matter one jot what day of the week it was. :)

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I'm going out on the razzle tomorrow evening. :eek: Several of us from Choir One are going to a nightclub where our Musical Director will be singing. Another lady has offered to drive, and said she is going to get herself gussied up in the most stunning outfit in her wardrobe.

As I don't possess anything remotely "stunning", I shall be wearing the same thing I wore for the social in January, though a smaller pair of black trousers. ;) I bought the top for the 40th birthday of the friend who took me to see Il Divo, and also wore it for her 50th. She's now 56. :D

I went to the dentist today to discuss replacing Lucy, the tooth that dropped out during Il Divo, and a further 2 teeth at the other side. I was given 4 choices. The first was a no-no, because it involved screws into the bone :eek: to which caps would be fitted. They were £1100 each, :eek: and xrays showed that my bone wasn't thick enough (phew!) anyway.

The standard NHS acrylic would be £233, the chrome one, for which my friend paid £450, would be £650 - our dentist is in a London borough, and charges accordingly, and something called a Valplast Flexi would be £850. I might have to start busking at Underground stations. ;)

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Welcome to the club, Scarlett. Mine cost £800. Looks great, very good match, but haven't got used to wearing it yet and do find it unpleasant after eating as it feels 'claggy' until cleaned. Have had to have It tightened twice already as apparently I loosen the clip things that fit around the teeth to whIch it is attached when I take it out. It's probably the same design as the chrome one but wasn't given that choice! This is probably too much info

Attachments

• 1464335767379.jpg
    1464335767379.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 297

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Heaven preserve us (and our teeth) from all evil and Dentists!!:eek:

Maybe you could make a jolly feature of the gap?:D

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Sorry people! It's titanium, Scarlett - nothing but the best Don't forget plumbers too! Can't afford to keep them in my pocket, cragmaid Hope youve recovered from the shock, LadyA!!

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Actually it is quite comfortable apart from eating so have choose food carefuly. The teeth match mine very well and you wouldn't realise they were false but must admit I never thought it would ever come to this as my teeth have always been very strong. The trials of old age but I suppose but they have had a good few years of wear!