Bella Bee

BELLA BEE

Jun 11, 2024
Hi my name is Heather and I care for my husband nigel who was diagnosed in October 2019 with vascular dementia he was 58 nothing in life can prepare you for this journey but we have to take each day as it comes😔😔

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @BELLA BEE.

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband - so young too.

I’m glad you’ve found this forum. You’ll always find understanding and support here.

BELLA BEE

Jun 11, 2024
Thankyou I hope I can help others battling this awful disease cos it can be very isolating for the suffer aswell as the carer

Watson1

Sep 4, 2023
hello bella & nigel im in vermont thinking of you i have alzheimers i went to my memory clinic yesterday. lots of testing about the same results so the medication to slow the decline is helping a small momentary star in this forever road. i know my affasia is getting worse. i almost gave the dog my blueberries this morning as i had our dishes near each other ,had the box tipped in hand when the alzy alarm kicked in , wow there bud. the endless
checking of ones self. we all
learn as we go hopeing today will be a good day but not being to surprised if it isn't. but we know we are are all together in this road and we will never leave anyone to travel alone. thinking of you........

takingstock

Jan 13, 2024
Lancashire
Hi Heather, I'm so sorry that you're going through this, he is young and it must be difficult for you. The forum is a good place to share your thoughts and concerns, stay strong

Channelite2004

Jun 3, 2024
Hi Heather,
My Husband was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia this January aged 68, at the moment he is fine but with the amount of reading I have done and the posts on here I realise the future could be hard for both of us. His heart health is very bad and both his Doctor and the Mental Health team think that will end it before Vascular Dementia does. Luckily my Husband is a very upbeat sort of person and doesn't worry too much and lives a day at the time, but it is constantly on my mind.
My thoughts are with both of you and all the other carers and sufferers on this forum

BELLA BEE

Jun 11, 2024
Hi Heather,
My Husband was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia this January aged 68, at the moment he is fine but with the amount of reading I have done and the posts on here I realise the future could be hard for both of us. His heart health is very bad and both his Doctor and the Mental Health team think that will end it before Vascular Dementia does. Luckily my Husband is a very upbeat sort of person and doesn't worry too much and lives a day at the time, but it is constantly on my mind.
My thoughts are with both of you and all the other carers and sufferers on this forum
Thankyou for your response am sorry to hear about your husband but please try to focus on what quality of life he as at the moment and don’t think too far ahead cos you find yourself worrying about what you can’t change believe me I know I did the same. Always here if you need advice x