Bedding

Tilly13

Jul 27, 2020
Hello
Just a silly question really but since I've seen this it's been on my mind......
I wondered if anyone else has a PWD in a Care Home and they sleep under just a fleece blanket.
I provided pillowcases and duvet cover when they first went there and I've seen the fleece on the bed but thought it was being used because it's Summer and there was a sheet underneath- but there isn't.
Other residents have duvets and pretty covers - the bedding I took in isn't used.
I have been concerned that my Mum might not be warm enough or not feel safe and secure with just a fleece blanket.

I will be asking about it this week but just wondered if anyone has the same ?
Mum wears incontinence pads so I'm thinking it shouldn't be because of washing?

Thanks for reading

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I sleep under just a fleece blanket - and i am very cosy.
The are so eay to wash & dry in no time at all. I dont bother with a sheet, that js takes away the cosy -ness

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
It may be that your mum sleeps better under just a fleece, or that a duvet + sheet is too heavy for her. Or she may have insisted that she doesnt want a duvet.
Ask the care home manager.
If she is happiest with just a fleece blanket you can get some lovely funky ones.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
My aunt, 89, sharp as a tack, also prefers fleece blankets to traditional bedding. She finds duvets too heavy and no option to layer up for colder nights.

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
When my mum was in respite they used just fleece blankets. I assumed it was because it was so hot in there, and much easier to launder after accidents. At home she has duvet but I have taken to using blankets myself all year round as easier to temperature control!

Antdad

Jan 31, 2022
Yep to all the above, I've converted my mum's traditional bedding/douvet set to fleece blankets which we used to use as throws. Mostly because it's light, warm as well as being very easy to wash and dry. The real wool blankets were quickly removed after a few accidents, glad to see I'm not the only one.

SAP

Feb 18, 2017
My mum has the choice of the duvet the home provides but she prefers a crochet blanket that I made for her. 🤷‍♀️