At last we have some progress

cymbid

Jan 3, 2024
So last week mum had an A111 test in hospital. She scored onlyv43/100. Today they called to say that looking at a recent scan they diagnose medium level altzeimers.

Also today hospital social eork called yo say they may have found a bed for DTA . To be confirmed.

I also went and viewed a local care home .

After weeks of nothing suddenly everything is happening at once and I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I’m not surprised you’re overwhelmed @cymbid It`s a bit like the buses. You wait for ages and three come at once.

I suppose once a diagnosis is certain, everything else falls into place.

Fingers crossed for you

cymbid

Jan 3, 2024
I do hope so. The ward seem unaware there is a pending move. I suppose they only get told when settled.

cymbid

Jan 3, 2024
Does anyone know if NHS will handle mums physical move to assessment unit/community hospital? I can't see any way I could transfer her by car. She can hardly stand

Carollisa

Jun 14, 2017
Evening Cymbid. Yes, the hospital will arrange suitable transport to the new placement. One less thing to worry about.....

cymbid

Jan 3, 2024
Today we had a call to say mum is moving from the hospital to a home for assessment. She seems quite happy with this although she will often tell me that she will not be going into a home. Unfortunately she will as she cannot manage at home alone (even with carers)

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Today we had a call to say mum is moving from the hospital to a home for assessment. She seems quite happy with this although she will often tell me that she will not be going into a home. Unfortunately she will as she cannot manage at home alone (even with carers)
Dont correct her @cymbid
My mum went the same route. I told her she was going to a convalescent hospital because she would have become very upset If I had told her the truth. She thought she could look after herself at home and was unable to understand that she couldnt