April/May 2024 book group: free copy to review of Dementia: Everything Your Doctor Doesn't Have Time to Tell You

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Review a free copy of Dementia: Everything Your Doctor Doesn't Have Time to Tell You by Matt Piccaver

Dementia together magazine’s book group will be reading Dementia: Everything Your Doctor Doesn’t Have Time to Tell You, by Matt Piccaver. Written by a busy GP, this aims to fills the gaps so often left when someone gets a diagnosis.

Are you interested in reading this book and telling them what you think of it?

Are you in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man or Channel Islands?

They have PDFs of the book for up to four people to review, or they might be able to send you a paperback if you prefer. They’ll ask for your feedback about it by 4 March. You can comment on any aspects you like, but they’ll also provide prompts in case these are helpful. They’ll then draw on your comments in the April/May magazine’s 'book group' article.

Email magazine@alzheimers.org.uk or post below to express your interest and to find out more.

Thanks everyone :)

9781847094827-uk.jpg

AnneL

Jul 2, 2023
Hi, I would very much like to review a free copy of this, paper version if possible due to my dyslexia. Thank you

Lizzie62

Jan 8, 2024
H, yes please, I would welcome the opportunity to read this book and provide feedback. Thank you.

Mandz

May 30, 2022
Hi, I would be really interested to read this book please. Unfortunately, it is quite a task trying to find information and seek advice / help, especially as I live quite some distance from the PWD that I am responsible for (via LPOA). It would be really helpful to read from a GP perspective about things that may have not been explained to me yet. Thank you.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thanks so much everyone for the amazing response! The magazine team are really grateful, and they'll be getting back to people as soon as they can to see who they can involve.

Nicolab23

Jan 15, 2023
Hello. I’d be interested to read please. Dad has Alzheimer’s, diagnosed 7 years ago. No idea what to expect going forward

sunshine13

Aug 10, 2012
Somerset
I would really love to read this book. I wish I'd had a similar book when my mum was diagnosed and later sectioned and I now support a friend who has just been diagnosed.

hetti93

Nov 29, 2023
Yes, I would be happy to review, any format. My mum has just been diagnosed with vascular dementia, so I need to know the missing bits the Dr doesn't have time to tell you.

Algy

Apr 14, 2021
I would be happy to review the book. My wife had early onset Alzheimer’s and passed away in 2023. I still have fresh memories of our experiences interacting with medical and care systems in England so feel I could offer some useful input into the views expressed in this book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wendy1262