another funny!! dementia thing

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
We were having a small argument this morning when OH said 'Oh, and when did you last make ME a cup of coffee?' I said 'There's one in front of you but you haven't drunk it yet because it's too hot'.

scotlass

Jul 9, 2023
OH still goes to the local shop for papers, this morning I only had £20 note, the papers only come to less that £3....so off he went, I was upstairs when he came home, when I came down looked for my change from the £20...there was 73p, I asked where the rest was....oh replied he had bought me a cake...there lying on the worktop were 2 chocolate eclaires...2 apple turnovers....and maltezers, snickers, lindt chocolate bar and other 2 chocolate bars....I'll make sure I have the exact amount of money next time..

Knitandpurl

Aug 9, 2021
Lincolnshire
OH still goes to the local shop for papers, this morning I only had £20 note, the papers only come to less that £3....so off he went, I was upstairs when he came home, when I came down looked for my change from the £20...there was 73p, I asked where the rest was....oh replied he had bought me a cake...there lying on the worktop were 2 chocolate eclaires...2 apple turnovers....and maltezers, snickers, lindt chocolate bar and other 2 chocolate bars....I'll make sure I have the exact amount of money next time..
Very similar to my OH’s trips to local shop….. and he’ll always say “I’ve brought you a treat….”

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
that was a very expensive paper. mine still gets the papers and tend to pick it things that take his fancy. im trying to reign it in a bit as he was buying too much and i couldnt use it all so went in the bin. sometimes i will ask why he bought it and he just says i dont know.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
At least he'd bought two of things He was thinking of you.! An expensive trip to the shop 😊🤣🤣

Chizz

Jan 10, 2023
Kent
This morning, whilst feeding my OH her breakfast & mug of tea she said "that's nice" and "I get meals delivered, you know". "Who delivers them?" I ask. "Oh" she said "the other carer" (that's me in disguise in the same clothes!). "He seems quite nice, but he's very busy you know!"
Wow, an acknowledgement.
Just then, an oldie came on the radio, and it was entirely appropriate as I have difficulty fitting in all the jobs required in the eight days of the week! Does this song apply to you too?

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
This morning, whilst feeding my OH her breakfast & mug of tea she said "that's nice" and "I get meals delivered, you know". "Who delivers them?" I ask. "Oh" she said "the other carer" (that's me in disguise in the same clothes!). "He seems quite nice, but he's very busy you know!"
Wow, an acknowledgement.
Just then, an oldie came on the radio, and it was entirely appropriate as I have difficulty fitting in all the jobs required in the eight days of the week! Does this song apply to you too?

Oh most definitely @Chizz 🤣 at the moment ten days a week. Oh has severe diarrhoea. Waiting for lab results.
My oh thinks my day clothes are a uniform too. All carers wear the same🤣🤣

Alisongs

May 17, 2024
I think I'm going doolally to make up for OH's absence in hospital..... Overheard on the telly "the female flashes her abdomen to attract the male....". Immediate thought of young thing in fuchsia pink bikini..... No. Japanese fireflies......

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
I think I'm going doolally to make up for OH's absence in hospital..... Overheard on the telly "the female flashes her abdomen to attract the male....". Immediate thought of young thing in fuchsia pink bikini..... No. Japanese fireflies......
🤣

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Hubby after I helped him get ready for bed - do you get all of my pension for looking after me.

Me - no but that sounds like a good idea.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Just been watching breakfast television. They were talking about invasive bamboo in gardens and the damage caused. The presenter said, jokingly, they'll have to get a panda to help get rid of it

OH: I remember doing that
Me : doing what?
OH: I got a panda for my garden!
Me: really?

Got the giggles🤣

Rishile

Dec 28, 2022
My husband woke up this morning and instantly asked me when I was having a holiday. I wanted to say I had just had one because I hadn't had to get up to change the bed during the night. Bliss!!

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
My husband woke up this morning and instantly asked me when I was having a holiday. I wanted to say I had just had one because I hadn't had to get up to change the bed during the night. Bliss!!
Know what you mean. Dry bed=heaven x