Agreed to see the doctor again.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Hi @RM3 ., had to laugh, just been talking to my daughter. She's a nursery teacher and she just said she'd been to Asda and bought 40 mini chocolate bars for her class end of year goody bags. 🤣 She always gives her children a treat, pencil rubber and notebook in the hope they'll continue practicing their writing/ mark making over the holidays.
Maybe Freddo frog buyer was a teacher 🤣

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Hi @RM3 ., had to laugh, just been talking to my daughter. She's a nursery teacher and she just said she'd been to Asda and bought 40 mini chocolate bars for her class end of year goody bags. 🤣 She always gives her children a treat, pencil rubber and notebook in the hope they'll continue practicing their writing/ mark making over the holidays.

That’s entirely possible! When I was a young teacher I bought a box of Cadbury’s creme eggs to give to the children in my class. Over the weekend my flatmate and I ate the lot. I’ve never been able to look at a crème egg since!🤢

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
😂 @maggie6445, that sounds plausible. Hope your daughter wasn’t judged too harshly for it by anyone 🤦‍♀️.

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
That’s entirely possible! When I was a young teacher I bought a box of Cadbury’s creme eggs to give to the children in my class. Over the weekend my flatmate and I ate the lot. I’ve never been able to look at a crème egg since!🤢
😂 that’s so funny @Izzy x

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
🤣🤣

Collywobbles

Feb 27, 2018
One year, my class decided to each buy our teacher a Creme Egg for her end of year present. We never stopped to wonder how she’d get through 35 Creme Eggs! Oh the innocence of the young 😆

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
One year, my class decided to each buy our teacher a Creme Egg for her end of year present. We never stopped to wonder how she’d get through 35 Creme Eggs! Oh the innocence of the young 😆

It can be done! As I know to my cost!!!

My flatmate was an accountant in Cadbury Schweppes and had to get me another box for my class!

When I started teaching I used to dread the After Eight presents. You tell them right away - no amount of wrapping could disguise them. I can’t stand After Eights. 🤣🤣🤣

In my last years as a headteacher I always appreciated gifts that looked like a bottle of wine! 😎

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
It can be done! As I know to my cost!!!

My flatmate was an accountant in Cadbury Schweppes and had to get me another box for my class!

When I started teaching I used to dread the After Eight presents. You tell them right away - no amount of wrapping could disguise them. I can’t stand After Eights. 🤣🤣🤣

In my last years as a headteacher I always appreciated gifts that looked like a bottle of wine! 😎
Love it 😂

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
Haha - I suppose most gifts probably end up on a tombola somewhere 😆

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
Will be thinking of you tomorrow I’m sure once you know one way or the other you will feel better. I’m finding it quite difficult with me hand in plaster Once we can get out again I’m sure things will be better Hope your week is good love Bev xxx
Managed to get out to one of our groups today was so lovely to see people again Hope you get a good nights sleep sweetheart
Love & hugs x

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
Managed to get out to one of our groups today was so lovely to see people again Hope you get a good nights sleep sweetheart
Love & hugs x
Thank you so much Bev for your support.
I’m so glad that you have been able to get out ☺️.
Thank you once again and I will of course update either way. Love and hugs back, Rachel xx

Violet Jane

Aug 23, 2021
@RM3, please be persistent about saying that your husband has changed significantly and set out what those changes are. I’m concerned that you are looking to be reassured that there’s nothing wrong but there clearly is (it may not be dementia). Bring a list of bullet points so that you don’t forget anything. It will be difficult to talk about your husband’s problems in front of him but if you don’t you may be told that there’s nothing wrong and your husband may be discharged from the memory service. You would then have to start from scratch if you wanted further or new investigations.

Remember that there are other scans that can pick up changes in the brain. Don’t forget to ask about them.

If the doctor thinks that this is just a MH problem e.g. stress, depression, anxiety then ask him/her what medication and lifestyle changes s/he recommends. Try to persuade the doctor to keep your husband ‘on the books’ as it were so that you can go back again if things don’t improve.

I hope that this consultation is productive.

RM3

Feb 4, 2024
@RM3, please be persistent about saying that your husband has changed significantly and set out what those changes are. I’m concerned that you are looking to be reassured that there’s nothing wrong but there clearly is (it may not be dementia). Bring a list of bullet points so that you don’t forget anything. It will be difficult to talk about your husband’s problems in front of him but if you don’t you may be told that there’s nothing wrong and your husband may be discharged from the memory service. You would then have to start from scratch if you wanted further or new investigations.

Remember that there are other scans that can pick up changes in the brain. Don’t forget to ask about them.

If the doctor thinks that this is just a MH problem e.g. stress, depression, anxiety then ask him/her what medication and lifestyle changes s/he recommends. Try to persuade the doctor to keep your husband ‘on the books’ as it were so that you can go back again if things don’t improve.

I hope that this consultation is productive.
Morning @Violet Jane. I hope you are well.
Thank you for your supportive message. We’ve not spoken about the appointment with each other this week really and not sure quite what to expect.
I appreciate your advice and I will write some bullet points (I have earlier ones but there are some more recent points of concern).
It is a bit scary to push because there is a feeling of responsibility for a diagnosis then.
He’s really struggling though (at work) and I know from little things he’s said, that an explanation (a reason), would give him permission to step back.
Thank you - I needed this message this morning. ❤️ x

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Good morning @RM3 . Will be thinking of you today. Please follow @Violet Jane advise. Take your notes of changes and don't allow your husband to sent away with no help or further tests if you feel it necessary.
I hope you'll get the help and peace you need xx

Bevhar

Mar 23, 2023
Morning @Violet Jane. I hope you are well.
Thank you for your supportive message. We’ve not spoken about the appointment with each other this week really and not sure quite what to expect.
I appreciate your advice and I will write some bullet points (I have earlier ones but there are some more recent points of concern).
It is a bit scary to push because there is a feeling of responsibility for a diagnosis then.
He’s really struggling though (at work) and I know from little things he’s said, that an explanation (a reason), would give him permission to step back.
Thank you - I needed this message this morning. ❤️ x
Violet Jane is right we don’t want to think it is dementia but if it is an early diagnosis is so important There are as many people undiagnosed with dementia as have been diagnosed The important thing is to make sure they know everything thinking of you love & hugs xm