Advice

Debbie 1973

Nov 23, 2023
Hi my mum of 75 was diagnosed with Alzheimer's over a year ago I'm her daughter and finding it harder everyday trying to make sure she is taking medication properly eating and general day to day care I'm a single mum and have a 9 year old to look after is anyone else in the same position any advice/help much appreciated.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Debbie 1973 and welcome to this supportive and friendly forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia here, so I am glad you have found us.
I am sorry to read of your Mum's diagnosis. It's tough for sure, to try and support and care for a loved one, and you probably know already that now is the best your Mum will be.
It sounds as though you need further support - you have your own life and a 9 year old to look after - please do have a think about contacting Social Services for a Care needs assessment. The following link may help:
Please do remember you will always find understanding and a listening ear here from members that really do want to help. And use the forum if you need to let off a bit of steam. it sometimes helps to get it down in writing on here.