advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I bet you’ll be shattered even if the children have a relatively quiet day.
they just gone home. if it was better weather, i could have taken them out or even in the garden. my 6yo grandson is just a bundle of energy and its hard to calm him down. i dont like nagging them. my husband is not coping particularly well so i think hes reach his limit now.

Gea

Dec 17, 2023
Hi , @jennifer1967 , I just read this and really agree with a few people , get the Police, this will set in motion things like social workers etc. the situation is potentially dangerous, he could kill you ... seriously , get some help, Gea xxx

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi , @jennifer1967 , I just read this and really agree with a few people , get the Police, this will set in motion things like social workers etc. the situation is potentially dangerous, he could kill you ... seriously , get some help, Gea xxx
that was written 21/2 years ago when he was not long diagnosed. its now 3 years since diagnosis, 4 years since he had it. he has been on memantine for 2 yrs and he is a lot calmer. he has progressed in that time too so needs more help from me. hes happy most of the time. he still has his moments but ive learnt how to deal with things better as well. i understand dementia better as well and accept things more. this forum and its members have taught me things more than any thing else has done.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
my feet are up and peace. i cant believe that i brought up 4 kids, not sure where i got the energy. he was a lorry driver working long hours so i did it on my own for the most part
Wow! Yes that was hard but in a different way and, sorry to mention this, but you were younger, not having to manage your husband and your own health concerns.

I’m glad you got your feet up ... and relax.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Wow! Yes that was hard but in a different way and, sorry to mention this, but you were younger, not having to manage your husband and your own health concerns.

I’m glad you got your feet up ... and relax.
thank you @GillP its true i was younger and i could inforce the rules firmer. you wouldnt believe what my little angels got up to but life was never boring. they even tell me now what they did that i didnt know about. little treasures!! 🤣 🤣🤣😇

Gea

Dec 17, 2023
that was written 21/2 years ago when he was not long diagnosed. its now 3 years since diagnosis, 4 years since he had it. he has been on memantine for 2 yrs and he is a lot calmer. he has progressed in that time too so needs more help from me. hes happy most of the time. he still has his moments but ive learnt how to deal with things better as well. i understand dementia better as well and accept things more. this forum and its members have taught me things more than any thing else has done.

Gea

Dec 17, 2023
I didn't realize and I panicked a bit as it all sounded so awful, its really good to hear that things have improved so much xxx

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I didn't realize and I panicked a bit as it all sounded so awful, its really good to hear that things have improved so much xxx
thank you. you can see the date posted on the top of the posts. at the time it was awful and i couldnt believe one little tablet could improve him so much and im grateful for that. i wanted to show there is hope to improve things even if only temporary. things will progress but i can manage for the time being

Bikerbeth

Feb 11, 2019
Bedford
thank you. you can see the date posted on the top of the posts. at the time it was awful and i couldnt believe one little tablet could improve him so much and im grateful for that. i wanted to show there is hope to improve things even if only temporary. things will progress but i can manage for the time being
I am pleased that the 1 tablet has helped your husband. I did worry for you and the situation you were in when I last came on here. I am glad that you have a slightly better situation at the moment.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
a bit choked up. my husband has bought me a birthday card instead of a christmas card. never done that before. and he says he cant write any more either. his writing is hardly legible. he says he doesnt feel right. ive told the kids so they dont mention it when they come around. the words are lovely and thats what i will take from it.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Oh dear @jennifer1967 i totally understand how you feel. The writing on my hubby’s card was almost impossible to read, and it came as a bit of a shock, it just feels like one more step down.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
its been a hard week this week. he decided not to go to the shed so breaks were limited. we have looked after 2 of the grandchildren for 3 afternoons. they are 6 and 9 so not babies. did decorate the tree but i think hes had enough now and we need quiet activities today. he was a bit upset that the toys he made were being played with too roughly so they are out today as well. my daughter and s-i-l work so weve been plugging the gaps.
doing father christmas as well so trying to finish it. trying to burn the candle at both ends.
Absolutely giants the both of you @jennifer1967, I'm totally tuckered out with just the extra Christmas doings! Hmm - we always seem to find the energy from somewhere though, hoping things ease a little for you though come the next few days :)