advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
we had an electrical inspection from the council today. all fine no problems. off he went. went to shower my husband tonight and im wondering why the water was not pumping away. we have a wet rain and a pump that pumps the water out down the drain. it wasnt working which is why it was flooding. looked at the box and the silly man had not flick the switch that powers the pump. flick it and pump started and pumped out the water. stupid, stupid man[could use stronger] all cleaned and towels in the washing machine. really could have done without that job. at least it didnt leak in the room below. he got his hair washed.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
we had an electrical inspection from the council today. all fine no problems. off he went. went to shower my husband tonight and im wondering why the water was not pumping away. we have a wet rain and a pump that pumps the water out down the drain. it wasnt working which is why it was flooding. looked at the box and the silly man had not flick the switch that powers the pump. flick it and pump started and pumped out the water. stupid, stupid man[could use stronger] all cleaned and towels in the washing machine. really could have done without that job. at least it didnt leak in the room below. he got his hair washed.
I would be complaining to the company, that would have been a disaster if the water had gone through. Just what you did not need after the week you have had.

GillP

Aug 11, 2021
What a nightmare! Just another situation for you to deal with. Hope things calm down for you now. Try to have a relaxing evening.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i was looking for an email address but ive got their letter with a phone number on it which i will be ringing tomorrow morning. its part of the city council. it was just good i managed to work out what he had done and corrected it.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hes not well again. he loves a shower but hasnt got the energy to have one. hes breathless as well. ive been washing him for the last 2 days. freshening his hair up. weve got a rescue pack of anti-bios and steroids due to his COPD so we will start the steroids tomorrow and see if they improve things.

colpatben

Dec 27, 2022
hes not well again. he loves a shower but hasnt got the energy to have one. hes breathless as well. ive been washing him for the last 2 days. freshening his hair up. weve got a rescue pack of anti-bios and steroids due to his COPD so we will start the steroids tomorrow and see if they improve things.
Be careful with the 'Rescue Pack' with Patsy's COPD I was told to only administer them if there was a strong possibility of a chest infection, IE if her phlegm was dark in colour, and then not to use just one type of the prescribed pack but all of the medicatio as prescribed.

Colin

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Be careful with the 'Rescue Pack' with Patsy's COPD I was told to only administer them if there was a strong possibility of a chest infection, IE if her phlegm was dark in colour, and then not to use just one type of the prescribed pack but all of the medicatio as prescribed.

Colin
when the doctor came out that time, he said to use the steroids. it can be something simple as a change in the weather. its very rare that he has a chest infection and they quite often only prescribed steroids.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good afternoon @jennifer1967,

How is he today? Could it be the warm weather?

MaNaAk
good afternoon @MaNaAk hes a lot brighter. could be the heat and change in weather. hes not taken the steroids and will see how he goes. im hoping for him to have his flu jab tomorrow and ive booked his covid for the next week so he has a week in between but that hinges on whether hes ok.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Good morning @jennifer1967,

Is your husband well enough to go to Men's Shed? Hopefully you can work on the parrot.

MaNaAk
good morning @MaNaAk yes hes going. hes all ready just waiting for the taxi. might do him some good with the other men to talk to and a different scene. hes going to have his flu jab as well on the way back. working on the parrot will be good without interruptions and quality time.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
he enjoyed it at the shed and had a laugh with the other men. came back brighter and asking for a shower tonight which he hasnt had but me washing him with flannel. he was clean but it would be nice for him to get in the shower if he feels able. he has also had his flu jab after i reminded him which is good. next week covid and he will be done. he will probably be asleep for some of the afternoon. ive enjoyed some time for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfly