A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Helen and Sylvia-thank you. I can just about see through my tears! Beautiful music and beautiful TP ladies. I'm glad all went well for you.

Love

Lyn T XX

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Thank you so much for sharing these experiences and for posting the videos. You are such fabulous women, words fail me.....

So glad it's all so peaceful. Your contentment there is almost palpable :)

Lindy xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Thank you for the special videos, for sharing with us, they are lovely. Such a sense of peace….. Very moving to watch.

With love
Loo xxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It's 9.20am. Helen has just had to go in from her balcony because there were a group of monkeys playing nearby, just a bit too close.

It set me thinking.

When we came here knowing yoga and meditation was on offer daily, I expected it was what I would be doing.

I haven't attended one yoga or meditation class. I haven't needed to, it's as if everything around us is the very essence of yoga and meditation.

Helen was interested in visiting a local nature reserve . It's not necessary. We are living in a nature reserve. We are walking among cows, donkeys, monkeys, different birds are to be seen everywhere.

Last night, walking around, I was nudged out of the way by a cow. You know I'm no animal lover and I avoid eye contact with the monkeys, just in case they see it as an invitation. There are dozens of dogs all over the place, including a Great Dane which frequents our Taverna. I don't like the dogs, I don't trust them. None of these animals seem aggressive . They are all tolerated with indulgence, as some would a child.

I don't like it but I think I'm adjusting to it..........just a little. :eek:

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
It's 9.20am. Helen has just had to go in from her balcony because there were a group of monkeys playing nearby, just a bit too close.

It set me thinking.

When we came here knowing yoga and meditation was on offer daily, I expected it was what I would be doing.

I haven't attended one yoga or meditation class. I haven't needed to, it's as if everything around us is the very essence of yoga and meditation.

Helen was interested in visiting a local nature reserve . It's not necessary. We are living in a nature reserve. We are walking among cows, donkeys, monkeys, different birds are to be seen everywhere.

Last night, walking around, I was nudged out of the way by a cow. You know I'm no animal lover and I avoid eye contact with the monkeys, just in case they see it as an invitation. There are dozens of dogs all over the place, including a Great Dane which frequents our Taverna. I don't like the dogs, I don't trust them. None of these animals seem aggressive . They are all tolerated with indulgence, as some would a child.

I don't like it but I think I'm adjusting to it..........just a little. :eek:

Hi Sylvia

I have to admit I have only scanned your news. As you know I have been trying to sort out one or two things here which you have been kind enough to offer helpful suggestions on: as always. I can't seem to find the video that others have commented on and I would love to see it. Hope you have a good day - sounds fascinating and almost as you wanted.

Paul

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Paul

The links to the videos are posts 1941 and 1942

You are up too early for the UK. I hope you're not too weighed down with worries.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs

You are up too early for the UK. I hope you're not too weighed down with worries.

No I am fine thanks I went to bed early. Have to be careful as I thrive on the battle, always have done, and have to concentrate on the war. Hope to make it to the Buddhist Centre in York soon, once I get some time off sorted: lovely people scrumptious cakes.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs

Many thanks for sharing such a personal time with us. I hoped to go to India many years ago after working for Community Relations in Leamington Spa. I still use some of the Punjabi phrases within my repertoire whenever I get the chance and I have had some lovely experiences with Sikhs, and others, trying to make sense of my pronunciation. Hope you continue to enjoy your holiday and gain peace from your mission.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
For a while I've slept with a small cushion under my bad knee because it was so painful when it lay straight . I needed it so much I bought an inflatable one to bring away with me and have used it every night. This morning I woke to find it still at the side of my bed. I'd forgotten to use it because I'd not needed it.

The walking, hill climbing, steps and ayurvedic massage seem to have made a difference.

We have to walk very slowly, even slower than I do at home. This really is mindful walking. The paths are very rough and pot holed and there is all manner of rubbish to avoid on the ground.

I don't think I've lost much weight even though I eat so little. Just two meals a day and no snacking, no butter, very little bread, no meat or fish and only a couple of cakes and sweets the whole time we've been here. But even so, I must be in better health.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Good morning,

Sylvia is right. We are in a nature reserve and when we go out we are surrounded by nature reserve. I have seen boar and stripey squirrels. Bulls commonly roam without causing any threat. 'Practice what you know' is very relevant for us both I think. Mindfulness has been with me such a lot. Mindful walking, mindful drinking, mindful eating. There have been times when I've forgotten and once reminded, I am able to start again. I love the sense of walking on the surface of the earth.

I have another Ayurvedic massage shortly and am looking forward to it. If we do anything today it will have to be late afternoon as it is already very hot. We enjoy the dappled shade, drinking either mint or lemon and ginger tea.

I hope everyone going on the Edinburgh meet up have a wonderful time.

Love

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I'm sorry I wont be able to access your links until later today. I just wanted to comment on what Sylvia said about not trusting dogs. You are right, Sylvia. I feel the same. This morning I came downstairs early to rescue an M and S Victoria sandwich I had stupidly left on the side overnight. It didn't need rescuing because it had vanished. It may be that there is a very fat mouse rolling around somewhere now, bursting his breeches, but frankly I blame the dog. He's a Furry Menace. xx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
He's a Furry Menace
Deborah - how could you call the wonderful, adorable and lovable Buddy, a menace!!!:eek: :(
Furry, yes now that's acceptable.

Reminds me of the time a few years ago when we had friends staying.
We'd been to the sea and on our return, I made a cup of tea and put a complete M&S coffee and walnut cake on a plate whilst Dave fed Saffie and my friends fed their dog.

I took it into the sitting room and returned to the kitchen to fetch the tea tray.
I looked for the cake and it was gone. Not even a single crumb was left on the plate.
She must have gone straight from eating her supper to devouring the cake, all in about one minute - and she didn't even have the decency to be sick afterwards!

She was only young at the time though and I can now leave my food on the coffee table and it won't be touched - if I tell her to leave it!

Status
Not open for further replies.