A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you nitram for showing off my acrobatic skills. :D

We have just finished watching a DVD, The Mission, set in the Amazon. We were both quite taken with it; the scenery, the river, the people.........so.........?g

Last edited:

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
The only think that perhaps might hold you back from the Amazon.....remember that nasty reaction you had to the bite/sting??? They do have even more nasty bitey things than we do!!:(

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
The only think that perhaps might hold you back from the Amazon.....remember that nasty reaction you had to the bite/sting??? They do have even more nasty bitey things than we do!!:(

A new outfit especial for the amazon

ImageUploadedByTalking Point1414313420.592525.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
In the cold light of day I think The Amazon is out. :)

We spent most of yesterday evening watching Rishikesh , our intended destination, on YouTube. It looked wonderful.

So we have our destination, we know when we want to go, we even have contact with a guest house,. All we need to do now is work out how to get there. :rolleyes:

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Hi Sylvia and Helen, your trip sounds wonderful.

I am so glad that Helen's condition has improved so much and that she will be able to go with you Sylvia.

I know it is something that you want to do, and I am thrilled for you. Go girls! :D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We were discussing moving this part of the Thread to the Tea Room, mindful we might be disclosing too much information to the www.

On second thoughts we decided it is just right for the dealing with loss sub forum .

If anyone had told me in January, I would be planning this in October, I would not have believed them.

If anything is a manifestation of not knowing what the future holds, this is it and it needs to be shared.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you Jan.

Very true about not knowing what the future holds. I never thought I would have such a serious illness after caring for Alan. After diagnosis if anyone had said I would be traipsing round India - no one would have believed it.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Have been otherwise distracted lately as husband's dementia creeping up and demanding more and more attention, but just popped in here to see what's on, and oh my, how lovely to read of the adventure ahead, and that you'll be visiting the Ganges!
Will be thinking of you.

BR_ANA

Jun 27, 2012
Brazil
Are you going to Ganges or Amazon river?

Btw the pictures of net clothes are fun. But what really work is repellent, strong air conditioned indoors, long sleeve outdoors.

Editing. I have just remembered that some B vitamin repels insects. I am not sure if works. If you don't like air con, a strong fan repels insects too.

Have fun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.