A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Saffie and Chris. I know you understand.

The emotions have kicked in already but they are normal emotions. I will be wishing the ashes on their way to join the Ganges, Dhiren`s dearest wish.

The tide was out this morning when I went for a walk at 9am so I hope it will be in at 2pm when Paul and the family pick me up.

I`m going back with them afterwards to sit in the garden and have something to eat.

It`s a lovely day. :)

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Sylvia-another poignant moment for you and your family; Dhiren's ashes set free to flow to the Ganges. A true moment of freedom for Dhiren. How fitting that you are still doing your best for your Husband on a day that shines as bright as Dhiren's lovely smile.

May the tide be gentle and take Dhiren to where he needs to be, may the wind help guide his Spirit home and, as the waves lap gently on the shores of the Ganges, may Dhiren rest in peace.

All of our wishes will join yours Sylvia in wishing Dhiren a safe journey.

Love

Lyn T XXX

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
A special day for you all. xxx

Dhiren is discussed in our house too.
When Richard Attenborough died there was talk about Ghandi. I said to Peter 'Sylvia's Dhiren was in the garden for the meeting on the day Ghandi was assassinated'.

'Oh, Yes!' said Peter 'Didn't he sly away on the bus to see Ghandi that day?'

'Indeed he did' I replied.

Not forgotten. xxx

Last edited:

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Sylvia, I am sitting here thinking of all the countries in the world that Dhiren's ashes will visit on their way to the Ganges. ....... travel well on your Journey Dhiren.

Love to you all. x.x.:)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
You have been in my heart and thoughts today Sylvia. It's a wonderful thing to be able to perform someone's heartfelt wish. I can only smile and feel joy at the thought of Dhiren's ashes starting out on their journey to the Ganges.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you all so much.

It was so much easier and better than I had expected. The sea was in and we found a quiet and empty place .

Louisa Bay.jpg

This is the exact spot but the tide was in, the steps were covered with water and the sun was shining.

We took turns to scatter the ashes and then we realised a crocodile of EFL students were approaching so we huddled round the cylinder of ashes protecting it from view. There were at least 50 students so it took a while for them to pass and we ended up laughing . It lightened the mood.

I sent the last of the ashes on their way to the Ganges and we went back to Paul`s for afternoon tea.

Paul said `I think dad would have been pleased with today.`

I know he would.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Aw Sylvia. How perfectly lovely. I'm so glad the mood was lightened in that way. Something special to share and look back on. Bon voyage Dhiren. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.