A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Beautiful garden.... and a creosoted shed....am I weird< ( don't answer that:rolleyes::rolleyes:I like the smell of creosote.:confused:

now for the spider story:eek::eek::eek::D...My daughter and eldest granddaughter went with me this week to the local outlet centre...I only bought Thorntons chocolate rejects since you asked:rolleyes::rolleyes::D anyway there is an exotic pet store and there was I happily enjoying all the iguanas and caimans ( my word they look like little dragons and can hold themselves so still) when all of a sudden I heard several large shrieks from beside the till:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Daughter and granddaughter had caught sight of the tank of spiders!!!:eek::eek::eek: Now all right they were big ( for spiders) but as I pointed out....even my granddaughter 's hands were larger than the biggest one and her feet were bigger still and the tank did have a secured lid on it..........Somehow though the girls were not impressed!!! The guy on the till was creased up!!!:D:D:D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Actually Maureen, I`m more interested in the Thorntons Chocolates. :D

Somehow I`m not as scared of spiders if they are outdoors as I am when they come inside.
If they are outdoors I have somewhere to run. :D

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I too love the smell of creosote... and the new fangled creosote stuff, and wet tar..... AND I like spiders but my most favourite sniff is hand sanitizer

Think I need to get out more....

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Oh I did enjoy all those pictures. And Sylvia's beautiful garden! How fascinating about the contents of the shed. Something was clearing your garden of snails, Sylvia. Chris Packham could tell you what it was. Don't be surprised if your garden becomes home to more snails now that the refuge for their predator has been sanitized.
:cool:

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
Were the snail shells empty, or were they sleeping snails? I hope you sent them a long way away; I've read that they are territorial, and will come back. What a thorough spring clean you're doing! Looking forward to the pagoda....

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Nothing was clearing my garden of snails Deborah, they are the plague of my life, crawling up my walls, being squashed underfoot. Wherever I go they are there.

When I cleared the greenhouse yesterday, because it has been dismantled, there were snails under every surface, between pots and seed trays. UGH!!

Anne, how would I know if the shells were empty or the snails were sleeping? I didn`t stay long enough to look. :eek:

I`m afraid I`m a prize wimp.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
The snail shells were empty because I checked. I was fascinated as to why there were so many and wondered whether it might be a predator.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The ones in the shed might have been empty Helen but the ones in the greenhouse, including the few I trod on certainly weren`t. :eek:

I was flicking them off with a trowel and then standing on them because i could`t see where they fell.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Has a neighbour got a pond Sylvia?
Don't frogs eat snails?
Must have been something big to need all those snails.
I don't mind snails but hate slugs.

I don't mind spiders at all but I wouldn't have gone in your shed until it had been thoroughly inspected first in case there was a mouse!

Creosote smells like Famel cough syrup - ugh! Is that still around?

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve just completed a memory test for the Brain Donation team and guess what?

I didn`t know the date. :eek::eek: I guessed 15th. :eek:

It began with the MMSE and I did manage to spell world backwards and count backwards in 7s , although my nerves got the better of me and I counted 100, 65, but corrected myself immediately.
What on earth made me do that? :)

I could only remember 8 out of a list of 10 words.

The rest seemed OK. Phew! :)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sylvia I feel for you. I used to wonder if I could do it when Bill was getting the test. I was never good at counting backwards!!!!

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
When I went with Allen for his memory test I couldn't remember what the doctors name was when he asked five minutes later so I wasn't surprised that Allen couldn't,

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
The garden looks lovely and the shed - when are you taking bookings? I quite like the idea of living in a shed. I slightly prefer shed-smell though to enthusiastic creosote. :)

Apropos of nothing at all, am having a poo day today. MIL's loo was blocked then over-flowed so Snowdonian amounts of icky towels to wash once the loo was sorted. Then decided to give the lawn its first cut: manhandled the petrol mower into submission and starting, then found that I had managed to get Beast poo on a shoe. Unspotted and hiding in a pile of leaves. And why is it always on shoes that have more intricate tread than Hampton Court maze? Another icky job.

The shed looks blissful....

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
How are you Sylvia? I hope you enjoy your day at the seaside and the weather is as nice as it is here,

Jeany xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you Jeany.

The weather is terrible here but at least all the new plants in the garden are being watered.

I have a DVD of the film Australia which has been recommended, so thats what I`ll be doing today.

It sounds a lot more leisurely than what I know is in store for you Jeany. I hope you are managing to get everything done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired2023