A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazytron

Apr 4, 2008
SOUTH LAKES
Hi Sylvia, so sorry to hear of your own health difficulties. I find myself thinking of how odd it has been that shortly after Helen lost Alan and shortly after I lost my Mum and now for yourself, so soon after losing Dhiren, having to face further horrors.
We could just do without it all and yet we get through.
You are in my thoughts Sylvia.
With my love and a gentle hug. Hazel xx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
You are a wise lady, Sylvia, amd I'm sure you will take all the necessary precautions while still doing your best to live life as normally as possible. It sounds like a 'pace yourself' approach is required.

When will you have the new glasses? I do hope they help.

But still such a difficult problem for you to live with. It must be devastating to have your sight jeopordised.

I wish I could say something encouraging, comforting.... I can only hope along with others here that it takes a long time to further develop.

Thoughts and love
Loo xxx

NanLorac

May 14, 2012
Scotland
Would a book reader help you to read Sylvia? You can adjust the size and spacing of the words. If Paul would help, you can get ebooks from the library onto the book reader and this would keep you to keep reading.

Just a thought Sylvia.

Take care, Carol x

meme

Aug 29, 2011
London
I am sorry to hear of your eye problems after all you have been through...I do hope it remains managable for you...x

maryw

Nov 16, 2008
Surrey
Hello Sylvia, I am so sorry to hear about your sight problems particularly at this difficult time. Would talking books and talking newspapers help to relieve eye strain?

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Good morning Sylvia,
I hope today holds some very special moments for you as some things can't be quashed by loss of sight and sound!!!
I know you love the days we live in re the technical revolution as much as I do. There seems to be no end to what is being achieved daily. This morning I read about a gadget that produces PURE sound. It is what recording studios use apparently. Mind you the sum of £5,000 is enough to deter most people:eek: However, it does help to encourage us that this is an age where so many things, previously beyond our wildest dreams, are now readily available.
Having such health issues in past eras must have been dreadful. No transport other than horse and cart/carriage. No phones. No notion of what computers could do. No spectacles. No penicillin and very dicey surgery.:eek::eek::eek:
One of the things I really like about you is your grateful heart and mind.

Love

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Having such health issues in past eras must have been dreadful. No transport other than horse and cart/carriage. No phones. No notion of what computers could do. No spectacles. No penicillin and very dicey surgery.
....and probably no me by now either !!!:rolleyes:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m OK today thanks. I can only do TP or the internet in short bursts and then it blurs but it`s all right, I can live with that.

I keep waiting for the prescription for these special glasses and it hasn`t arrived. I phoned the consultants secretary. They have received the information from the scan I had, which took measurements, but I need to wait till Friday when the consultant meets with the optometrist .

So it does`t seem to have the urgency we first thought and I can relax a bit.

For those who have so kindly suggested talking books and e readers thank you. I admit to being negative about them because my hearing is so unreliable. I think if I was desperate I would be more willing to try, but for now the large font on my kindle is good for a while, then I rest and then can return to it.

Later I will try reading the contents of the Kindle on the iPad with the back light. I`m finding it easier to message using the iPad, it`s larger than my phone.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sylvia, I'm so sorry to hear this but I am not surprised at your attitude, which has always been positive, 'let's get on with it' and definitely never complaining. Sending you my love.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I've just realized the present problem.

Because my sight has deteriorated, my glasses are no longer suitable. I don't wear glasses for the street or the house , just for reading, the TV and the computer.

They are all out of focus now. :eek:

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I've just realized the present problem.

Because my sight has deteriorated, my glasses are no longer suitable. I don't wear glasses for the street or the house , just for reading, the TV and the computer.

They are all out of focus now. :eek:

Off to b**ts for some easy readers for you then

Personally, I do think this new fashion of wearing 3 pairs of reading glasses so you get to see clearly and all for £3 brilliant. :D

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Dear Sylvia , I am sorry you have this health worry & wishing you lots of love & strength in the days & weeks to come

Much respect Sylvia in how you are dealing with this

Thinking of you & thank you for all the wise words you have posted to me am very grateful

Love & Kind thoughts

Grove x x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Wow! This is absolutely brilliant. :D

I thought I had all the accessibility possible on my iMac but have just explored it again and by inverting the colours I have a black screen with white text and lots of brightly coloured icons.

It is so much clearer I can hardly believe it.

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
What a wonderful age we are in Sylvia. I am thrilled you have found something already accessible to you!!!! Brilliant.

Love

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Wow! This is absolutely brilliant. :D

I thought I had all the accessibility possible on my iMac but have just explored it again and by inverting the colours I have a black screen with white text and lots of brightly coloured icons.

It is so much clearer I can hardly believe it.

Hello Sylvia , Am :eek: as tho have heard of iMac have nver used one so am finding it hard to understand how it works etc ! However do understand black screen with white text ( as also wear glasses ) Am glad things are so much clear for you :) ....... Quote ........ I can hardly believe it which funny famous person said that ? not a quiz but made me think of it ! Not sure why !

Grove x x

Status
Not open for further replies.