A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Life does this to us, Sylvia.
It seems so cruel for you to have to face this having only just lost Dhiren, but I feel sure you will deal with it in the best way you can.
And you know we will all be willing a good outcome for you, whether by prayer, positive thinking, or just sending our support through the ether.
Love, Sleepless x

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I'm really sorry to read your news Sylvia. :( I hope you can find a way to bypass the worry that accompanies eye problems. You must be feeling so low. I wish you so much good luck and good health. Noone deserves good health more than you. xx

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
So very sorry to read this Sylvia. You are such a positive person so I know you will somehow cope and all you can do is take one day at a time. You know your TP family will support you all the way.

Love and hugs

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Dear Sylvia, what a blow for you. What can I say other than what others have said. It is cruel to be dealing with this so soon after losing Dhiren and all you have been through, in a short space of time.

As Helen said, the timing is terrible. All you can do is live in the moment.

You do have the inner strength, and courage. But we are all human, aren't we, and you will also have your innermost thoughts and feelings as well.

Thank you for explaining to us. You know you have many friends here willing you on. WIshing you the very best possible outcome.

Ever in my thoughts
With love
Loo xxx

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
You're describing one of my worst nightmares Sylvia. The drugs I am on can affect the eyes and "permanently affect vision" which terrifies me. Reading is my great joy. I hope that it's just the stress of the last few weeks that has affected your eyes and that they will now plateau for a Very Long Time. Xxxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
With the kind of support that TP offers you will be surrounded by the loving intentions of so many hearts and minds.

Love

angecmc

Dec 25, 2012
hertfordshire
So sorry to hear this Sylvia, I too hope your sight remains not too badly affected for a long long time take care of yourself xx

Ange

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
(((Hugs))) from a severe myope.

Losing sight has always been my fear, and the optometrist advised a clear lens resection before I needed it for cataracts which he is sure I will get, to enable me go spec free. Like you though, the thought of the risks means I would rather suffer but have usable amount of vision until such time as the risk in any surgery is minimized,

Thoughts are with you.

Mameeskye

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Yesterday was all right for most of the time but reading, using the computer and subtitles on TV are blurred and only doable for short periods.

The computer is the best because of the back light and enlarged font.

Last edited:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Do take care Sylvia. Don't strain your eye in any way. We'll still be here as and when you can come on TP. We're not going anywhere - well not for long, speaking personally! x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve been told to live life as normally as possible.

I think the only harm I can do is with sudden head movements and I`ve always been careful there, it`s become second nature.

Thank you everyone for so much support. I know I sound like a broken record but there are no words to really express my appreciation.

flowerpot

Jul 27, 2010
Rural North Northumberland
Thank you for sharing this with all of us Sylvia.

I think this has to be a big fear for most of us and the thought terrifies me!

You've had to deal with so much and this seems so unfair :( I'm thinking of you Sylvia and wishing only the very best for you xx

Status
Not open for further replies.