A lifelong friend and me, Part 2

Palerider

Aug 9, 2015
North West
I am so sorry to hear that another resident has hit your mum, I do hope that the home are looking at it as a safeguarding issue. This must be so hard for you, I remember how I felt when the actions of another resident led to my dad having a broken ankle.
What a sneaky way of arranging the CHC funding review but pleased that it is still in place.
I know that it is hard but please try to take care of yourself also.
Thanks

The manager called me at work to see how I was and to update me on safeguarding. This resident now has a 1:1 carer 24/7 for supervision and they are looking to move him to more appropriate care. This is less than ideal for him having to move again but the right care matters for everyone concerned -he'll probably go to a psyche unit -he very sadly has become constantly agitated and physically aggressive, not how he was when I first met him, but this is how it affects some people.

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
Thanks

The manager called me at work to see how I was and to update me on safeguarding. This resident now has a 1:1 carer 24/7 for supervision and they are looking to move him to more appropriate care. This is less than ideal for him having to move again but the right care matters for everyone concerned -he'll probably go to a psyche unit -he very sadly has become constantly agitated and physically aggressive, not how he was when I first met him, but this is how it affects some people.
Good to hear that the home is taking it seriously but so sad for the man and his family.