A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Dear Sylvia,
I was catching up with your news earlier and although you had a difficult day with Dhiren today I am glad that he is much better - wanting to go home usually indicates someone feeling better I think. Hope everything settles down and you can relax a bit tonight.
Jancis x

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sylvia not been on line for a few days so missed how distressed you had been feeling, but so glad that Dirhen feels better albeit wanting to come home, is he still rigid or has that passed?, this was something I noticed in Trevs progression . It is a shock when this illness knocks us for a six when we think we are coping and know what to expect, but it always manages to get to me too. how nice that Terry is keeping his eye on Dirhen , hope this weeks is a better one for you both,Taken Trev into respite today, thats why i have time to log in today, I hated leaving him, but know I must for both our sakes. all my love to you both Pam

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Sylvia

I am SO GLAD that Dhiren has improved and it was like we thought caused by an infection.

I know it was difficult for you today,with Dhiren wanting to go home n trying to prove he was able to, but I hope you feel a bit easier now.

when mum had infections, I worried just like you, I guess we all do,
no one wants to see the one they love and care for worsen,
and it doesn't matter how many people including us, doc's nurses say "its probably an infection" we are scared if not terrified, that this is another downturn.

I hope tomorrow is a good day for you and Dhiren, and that you get a goodnights sleep tonight.

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
There were no grounds for the tears and fears. :eek:

Dhiren was fine today.
This continued for nearly 3 hours and by the ime I left I was worn out. [but not in tears] :)
Popped in to read how Dhiren was and I'm so pleased he was better even if wanting to go home, and that there were no tears for you. You must feel such a sense of relief. Worn out, though, and hope you have a more relaxed evening after the fears.

Love
Loo xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Thank you larivy and Mary. :)

In the wider scheme of dementia, I`m beginning to feel I`ve made a fuss over nothing. I still am surprised at my reaction.

Oh well. We live and learn.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren has a lovely new GP.

He started by saying he was pleased I`d gone to see him. :)

He asked about Dhiren`s swallowing. I said he has no trouble swallowing food and drink and only refuses whan he doesn`t want it.
If any problems develop the GP will refer to a SaLT.

The Barium Swallow was to test for cancer. However, a test would really be academic, for if Dhiren was found to have cancer, at his stage of dementia, he would be unable to withstand any cancer treatment.

I found this acceptable.

I asked about transport should the need arise and transport by ambulance could be arranged if necessary, rather than a wheelchair taxi.

I thanked the GP for not giving up on Dhiren and asked to be consulted if any treatment was to be considered. This can be arranged.

Short and sweet. A most satisfactory visit.

Because of speedy action by the home in calling the GP out and getting antibiotics for him, Dhiren was calm and contented yesterday. I had a lovely visit.

Contrary Mary

Jun 11, 2010
Greater London
Hello Sylvia

I am so pleased that you seem to have struck lucky with the GP. A doctor who is approachable and helpful is just what is needed in situations such as we find ourselves.

I expect you found that something of a comfort, as well.

Mary
x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Good news all round Sylvia:)

The new GP is good.
The home act quickly thereby preventing distress through delayed actions.
Dhiren is calm and content.

Brilliant:) Love

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Such good news about the new GP Sylvia, and good to have one that explains everything like the barium swallow, that must help so much.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Sylvia,

I was so very pleased to see that yesterday's visit with Dhiren was a good one. And that the GP and you had a good exchange and rapport as well.

You must be feeling so relieved and so much more cheerful. Enjoy :):):)

Sending love, Nan XXX

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Only just caught up with your visit to Dhiren and to the GP. Its great that Dhiren was good but I am especially pleased that you have made your number with his GP. I believe a good relationship with him will make such a difference to you in the future.

I remember clearly telling David's new GP that although my husband was in a NH I still was his main carer. Since then I have always been included and notified of any changes.

I can imagine you feel much better today.

sully.

Jan 7, 2010
uk
Thank you all very much. It`s so good to know you would all have made the same decision.

We had such a lovely moment today.

Dhiren said `When I saw you my face.......??????`

He couldn`t find the right word.

I encouraged him. `When you saw me your face.....?`

And he said `When I saw you my face sparkled.`

Beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.