A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
Hello

I do wish I would stop being so affected by his confusion. I know he has lost all capacity to be realistic and logical. I know he has lost all reason. It has been accepted he has lost his mental capacity. Why do I continue to be affected. Quote: Grannie G

I was shredding a load of stuff today. Found the remnents of somthing.
This a thing I put down on paper two years ago.
Ron had lost his mental capacity, but he still had him inside. He still had the "HIM" that made him who he was.
You will continue to be affected for the rest of your life. I am, and will be. I did my best, you are now doing your best, and as you said, "THE BEST IS THE BEST YOU CAN DO". Seems silly me saying this to you now. But, I did my best, and you are doing yours.
Love Barb XX

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sylvia

Why must people with AD make the best con artists, Tom can convince me of anything, and then reduce me to tears when the whole conversation has vanished, keep strong..

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Sylvia,
Sorry you were not feeling on top today which made it even more difficult for you to cope with Dhiren's questions and aggitation.
You are doing so well as you are, but you will no doubt beat yourself up forever, this is unfortunately what we carers do.
You know in your heart that he is fine and contended when you are not there (meaning that in the right positive way, not that it is because you make him unsettled). Everything YOU and the CH are doing is done in Dhiren's best interest.
You can't do more than that.

Hope you feel better soon, which will definitely make your next visit go more smoothly.

Take carem love x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
When will I learn.

You are learning all the time Sylvia and the proof is in your thread;) To say that you don't have a magic wand, I think you do pretty well:)

Love and hope you feel better tomorrow morning.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
I'm sorry you had such a sad visit yesterday, Sylvia. I bet Dhiren has forgotten all about it though. I'm glad you had Terry to support you. I hope you have got something nice planned for today and are feeling a bit stronger.
x

Beezed

Apr 28, 2009
Southampton
Dear Sylvia,

So sorry you were reduced to tears, not by Dhiren but by this rotten disease. We are affected because we care. We know it is the illness talking but it is still hard to take.

Much love,
Jeanne

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m out to lunch today. My first with the U3A.

When I originally joined, I didn`t join the lunch club, as lunch out was still one of the enjoyable occasions Dhiren and I shared.
I will be facing a roomful of strangers so am a bit apprehensive.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
You'll be fine, Sylvia. If it's anything like our branch, they're the friendliest people you're likely to meet. Please let us have an update.:)

As for the pain, no, it doesn't go away. You just learn to live with it.:(

Love,

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
You have two things on your side Sylvia which will stand you in good stead:)

1) You can eat food well and expertly:D

2) You are just lovely and it is their opportunity to get to know that;)

Look forward to hearing about it.

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Good luck with the lunch Sylvia. The heartache when we see our loved ones begging us to come home has to be experienced to be believed. I know that you will have the strength to cope with this but it is a very, very hard thing to face at each and every visit.

xxTinaT

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Ladies who Lunch

My first lunch with the U3A . Years ago I would not have had the confidence to attend a function such as this, alone.

I need not have worried. They were the friendly bunch Hazel had predicted. Probably more than 50 people, animated, chatting, welcoming and friendly. I was introduced to another newcomer and then two more. We sat with established members and the conversation flowed over a very tasty lunch.

And every avenue leads to another door. There was talk of a Decorative and Fine Arts Society which would never have appealed to me, had one of it`s members not sang it`s praises.

And the WI beckons too. It`s full of women who find themselves alone. It`s not all about Jam and Jerusalem, it`s about outings and holidays and entertainment too.

Worth a try. :)

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Strange - I left a reply & it has gone away!!!

This sound so very positive Sylvia - I'm very pleased to hear of the doors you feel you might push open, nightie, night, Sue, xx

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
My first lunch with the U3A . Years ago I would not have had the confidence to attend a function such as this, alone.

I need not have worried. They were the friendly bunch Hazel had predicted. Probably more than 50 people, animated, chatting, welcoming and friendly. I was introduced to another newcomer and then two more. We sat with established members and the conversation flowed over a very tasty lunch.

And every avenue leads to another door. There was talk of a Decorative and Fine Arts Society which would never have appealed to me, had one of it`s members not sang it`s praises.

And the WI beckons too. It`s full of women who find themselves alone. It`s not all about Jam and Jerusalem, it`s about outings and holidays and entertainment too.

Worth a try. :)

It all sounds great Sylvia; long may the doors keep opening. I'm very glad it was such a positive experience for you. x

Status
Not open for further replies.