A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a hard decision to come to but so important. I'm glad Paul was with you tonight. I'm sure that must have given your some resolve and lots of much needed support. Thinking of you. Izzy x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Sylvia

I do think that you are making a wise decision, and I'm relieved for all of you that both you and Paul can see that it IS a wise decision.

Love

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Sylvia,
This has not been an easy decision to make, but I feel the fact that Poul has given you the nod to go ahead, has finally made you decide what would be best for both of you. I really hope this is the beginning of a new calmer period for you both, when you can have lots of really good hours together knowing Dhiren is safe and you are not absolutely exhausted and at the end of your tethers. The next few days are going to be difficult for you even though you know you are doing the right thing. I shall be thinking of you and Dhiren

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sylvia

Whatever pushed you and Paul to make that decision will not go away..

So please try not to put off the inevitable..

WE all know that in an ideal world this would not have to be, but utopia isn't here yet.

Take care.

lesmisralbles

Account Closed
Nov 23, 2007
If, you and your son know it it s right

Then that is what you should do.

I can only send my love, not a lot, I know.

Barb XXX

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Syvia, you have battled hard and long. I've only just read all the posts from yesterday and today.

I know that you live in a bungalow very similar to my own. A night sitter would not solve any of your problems! The bungalow is so small that even if you dedicated a room to Dhiran and the night sitter, you would still be up every hour just the same. I only have to go to the toilet, in complete darkness and creeping around, to waken up any visitor I have in the little spare room!

The same problem applies to hoists, grab rails etc., the bungalow is just too small to accommodate all the things needed when Dhiran is so often on the floor and unable to get up by himself.

I'll leave you in what peace you can find now as I know how exhausted you must be feeling. We are all here for you my love just as you have always been here for us.

xxTinaT

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear Sylvia,

When you look at the number of hours that you are caring for Dhiren single-handedly, given his diminishing mobility, it really is clear that you need to find another way forward.

So glad that Paul has been able to help you reach this decision tonight and will help you to carry it forward.

Take care,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
When the football ended Paul and I put Dhiren to bed. We then went to the kitchen while I made a hot water bottle. As Paul made to leave I asked him to check on Dhiren before he went out. Dhiren was sitting up in bed preparing to get up.
He is now asleep.

Thank you so much for all your support.

dillydaydream

Sep 30, 2009
Buckinghamshire
Your post was the first one I read when I got up at 7.00 am yesterday and I am now reading this one as I go to bed seventeen hours later ... and still Dhiren is getting up. Your decision is so the right one to make. Nobody could maintain this constant battle for very long without becoming resentful and utterly exhausted. I do hope you manage some hours of sleep tonight
love
Carolyn xx

milly123

Mar 15, 2009
England
sylvia just catching up with your posts sorry to hear how stressed you are dhrien does seem to be going through a difficult time glad paul is there for you take care milly

JayGee

Aug 23, 2009
kilmarnock ayrshire
Hi Sylvia
The last few months your strength has just been ebbing away.
Each day you put off the inevitable is chipping another bit
off the person called Sylvia. You've been a wonderful wife.
All our lives seem to be on hold at this time and although
we carry on with love I often think
"what will there be left of us afterwards?"
take care
June

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The paramedic has just left

He was restless from 2.30am, sleeping in fits and starts.

At 4.45am I was wide awake and he was sleeping soundly. I got up, put the kettle on and sorted some washing, looking in on Dhiren as I did so. As I made my tea I heard him call my name. He was on the floor again.
The paramedic was here within 20 minutes.

Once up, all observations were normal, chest clear, BP fine , blood levels fine, no temperature, urine clear, so the paramedic watched my procedure to get Dhiren into bed. He then tried to straighten him and get him more into the middle of the bed. He had difficulty.

This has justified my decision and I`m going to see if I can speed it up.

Dhiren is sleeping now.

Last edited:

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I too have been up and doing from before 6am and have had little sleep this night but with much less justification than yourself so I think I might be the first one today to say good morning to you Sylvia.

I have the luxury of being able to climb back into bed when tiredness finally starts to droop my eyelids again, a luxury which is denied you after your difficult and broken night's sleep. One more exhausting night for you has passed which can only add to the already deep down to your bones exhaustion and tiredness caused by your impossible caring role.

I know what a very hard decision you have been forced to take and it will be an equally very hard thing to carry through and live with such a massive change to both your lives.

I'm so sorry that you have to join that band of unhappy souls here on TP who have already been faced with this. I'm so very sorry that you are being forced into this position Sylvia and wish it wasn't so.

xxTinaT

scarletpauline

Jul 19, 2009
Leicestershire
I am sure also that you have made the right decision, you just can't go on as you have been doing. I saw my neighbour driven into the ground caring for her sister and she has never been well since. I send you my love Sylvia as always to you and to dear Dhiren. Pauline xxx

janlyn

Oct 19, 2009
gloucester
morning sylvia , i have just read your posts what a wise lady you are you are so much in my thoughts i can only send love and support to you i hope you can speed things along for your own peace of mind xx im off to work now lyn is still sleeping its half term so i work five hours today my son will be staying with my hubbie he will see a big differance in his dads day to day living he is more dependant on me so will have to see how my son copes careing for his dad will catch up with you when i get home i hope you have a peacefull day and manage to get things in place for dhiren:)

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Good morning Sylvia

Just catching up on your thread and I too, along with everyone else, think you have made the right decision - I am also very pleased to hear that Paul supports your decision too.

I think you have been unbelievably strong and carried on against all the odds, but I think you know yourself now that what you are doing is the right thing, however upsetting it may be.

Thinking of you.
Love

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Good Morning Sylvia:

You have been heading for this decision for a while now. Its good that Paul is of the same mind.
join that band of unhappy souls here on TP who have already been faced with this

From Dhiren's respite experience I suspect that he will settle to it very well. You know you have done all you could, for as long as you could. As Roseann said 'you deserve a life too'.

It is not easy and I feel sad that you have reached this stage.

Love

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Sylvia

I'm so glad you've reached this decision. It was great that Paul was with you yesterday evening, and was able to see for himself how hard it is for you. It will make it so much easier to know you have your support.

I hope you manage so get this actioned as an emergency.

Love,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cahuskies