A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Beginning

Please see this as a beginning, Sylvia, not an end - the beginning of a new phase of relief, sleep, time for yourself, safety for Dhiren without such personal cost - look at all the positives, do not torment yourself with doubts, love Sue, xx

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Good luck today Sylvia. I know how hard it will be for you and only wish I could be there in person to give you support. You will both get through this. Remember, it's not your decision, it is the terrible circumstances you have had to go through. You have worked so very, very hard and I hope the rest does you a world of good.

xxTina

eastanglia

Aug 11, 2009
Thinking of you today and hoping that all will go as smoothly as possible. Tend to see you as further along the road that we are all travelling so it's a huge help to us supporting my mum in her care of Dad.

I hope that you get some rest and take care of yourself - it's such a stressful job that you are doing.

Kindest regards.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Carina, June, Mameeskye, Hazel,Winnie and Sue again. larivy, Tina and eastanglia. Thank you all so much for your support.

The taxi is booked for 2pm and an agency carer, the one who helps with personal care in the morning, will help us and follow us to the home.

I have no doubts what I`m doing is right but it doesn`t make it any easier.

uselessdaughter

Jun 8, 2009
West Country
Best Wishes

Sylvia

Thinking of you both today and hoping everyone goes as smoothly as possible. You really need some R & R and I hope you enjoy having some time to yourself. No-one deserves it more.

Linda

Pollyanna

Jul 8, 2008
I have no doubts what I`m doing is right but it doesn`t make it any easier

Anyone who reads your thread will know that this is a big step for you and Dhiren.

I wish you both well for this afternoon.

Polly x

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Sylvia,
I'm sorry I haven't been able to respond much, you know why, but I have been reading the posts. I realize the taxi should be there now and I so hope everything goes smoothly for you.

2010 seems to be a challenging year so far. I hope that Dhiren settles in as well as he can. Please get as much rest as you can manage. Your rest might involve going for a meal, seeing friends, leading a normal life again.

My love and hugs to you both.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dhiren was very accepting this morning.
He agreed he was weak, he agreed he wasn`t eating, he accepted I was having too many disturbed nights, and was willing to go to a onvalescent home to be cared for.

It went like a dream until he realized I was leaving him there and then he accused me of trying to trick him.

I repeated all we had talked about this morning. He didn`t believe me, and I could see him getting worked up, so I kissed him goodbye and I ran.

And I felt the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders.

I felt a bit weepy in the taxi home, but as I was sitting next to the driver, had to control myself and it passed.

And now my cushion covers are in the washer and I feel as high as a kite. It is wonderful to be able to allow someone else to take over.

I must thank you all for rallying round for me today. It was a very big step to take and I`m so relieved I`ve taken it.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Sylvia:
Its good to see you are ok and I am sure Dhiren will have settled as soon as your turned your back. Well done - another hurdle over. Enjoy your evening and the rest of your respite :)

Love

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Sylvia

I'm relieved too, and I could 'see' it just as you described it.

I hope YOU can settle tonight, and get some much needed rest.

Much love x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Well done, Sylvia!:) You've done it!!!!

Now try to enjoy your respite -- it sounds as if you're well on the way. Shall I send you some washing?:D

Love,

eastanglia

Aug 11, 2009
Glad that it went to plan - hope that you really enjoy your time - it must feel like getting out of prison (I don't mean to offend) - I feel a huge relief after staying with my parents for a day and a night if it's been stressful so I can only imagine what you must feel - but of course it's still very sad too.

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
And I felt the weight of the world had been lifted from my shoulders.

And that's just how it should feel when you've done all that you can and are ready for respite.

Enjoy your week and the time to get in touch again with the things that have taken a back seat to caring :)

Take care,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Sylvia..

What a relief...:)

And now my cushion covers are in the washer and I feel as high as a kite. It is wonderful to be able to allow someone else to take over.

That's the crux of it all. Knowing that there is someone else who CAN take over to give you some much needed rest.

Wallow in your peace. It's a good feeling.

Love xx

Status
Not open for further replies.