A life in the day of.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
glad it all went well put your feet up and enjoy your break you deserve it. have a good nights sleep tonight and then go for it do all the things you have wanted to do but have not been able to love larivy

janlyn

Oct 19, 2009
gloucester
hello sylvia , im so glad that you managed to get respite enjoy your time and make sure you rest well :D dont do too much cleaning ;)

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
I remember that feeling when the hospital said they were admitting Mum. It was an emergency and we hadn't been staying with her but it was the relief that she was somewhere safe with someone looking after her.

You don't realise the weight that is there until it is gone.

Enjoy your rest.

Love

Mameeskye

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Have to warn you Sylvia, I felt as you did on my first day away from Ken. Be ready for the emotional sea saw to take a dive in the opposite direction my love. In the meantime, put your feet up and really relax for the first time on a long, long age.

xxTinaT

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Sylvia, how are you this evening? You know what sometimes happens when people have a break from a period of stress, and for example, go on holiday? They go down with a cold or flu or something.:( So don't go gambolling around in the cold night air without your thermals will you, now that you are footloose for a while? ;)
x

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Sylvia so glad today happened for you, and you have had that weight removed from your shoulders for a while, i know what Tina means, i can well remember the first tine trev was taken onto assesment ward and the relief i felt, and like Tina it was short lived, but now i treat respite as a means to end so that i can continue , because without it, it would mean permanent care, are you washing everything in site, i find i do this too. hope Dirhen settles and enjoys his break, have you anything planned or are you just going to chill, missed posts for a couple of days , so bit out of touch. Trev is now home and none the worse wish i could say the same , i feel shsttered at mo, sleep well love pam

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Slyvia
Glad to hear it went fairly well today.
I know it will be hard but do try to have some rest while you can.
Dhiren will be okay, will have his ups and downs just like you but it has to be done or like I have said before we go under.
Enjoy your break.
Love Roseann xx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Pam

(& I'm sure Sylvia won't mind me addressing you on this thread)

I haven't seen any posts from you since the one telling us that Trev had had a seizure.
I'm glad you're back, & he's back home, but you sound as if you've had the most awful time.

Last edited:

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
sylvia ivethought of you all day and i hope you are still on a high glad things went ok and dhiran enjoys his little holiday;) you made me laugh cause i would of being throwing the cusion covers in the wash and prob having a spring clean as well, but try to take things easy as you need a bit of TLC too. bet you cant wait to hop into bed with your cocoa and have a good nights sleep, so happy for you love lyn xxx:D:D

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Hallo, Sylvia - Your being "high as a kite" made me smile. That sounds like a good beginning.

I found coming home to an empty house very strange: no-one to listen out for, no-one to do things for, and especially no-one to have to explain things to. A very odd mixture of alone-ness and freedom.

I wondered if the tears might well at some point - I see you managed to overcome them.

And now it's time for your much-needed and perhaps long-overdue rest. Enjoy ....

Love, Nan XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m still `High ` , almost euphoric, and I don`t care if it does all end in tears tomorrow, at least I will have enjoyed today.

I phoned the home. Dhiren has been wandering around looking for me. Well all I can say is it must be home from home as that`s what he does here. But here, he doesn`t recognize me when he has me, so perhaps he`s even looking for his other wife.
So that`s even Stevens.

One positive is he ate a good dinner, which is more than he has been doing at home for the last few days.

One negative is he fell. But I was warned it might happen and can accept it. He cannot be watched permanently 24 hours a day. Luckily he didn`t hurt himself.

So the first day seems OK.

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Good to read that Sylvia. I hope you can relax enough to switch off now, and catch up on the rest you so badly need.

Nighty night ...

Love x

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Sylvia

Apart from the fall (falls) which even you are unable to control Dhiren is safe.

There there is 24/7 supervision, (which you have discovered you can only do for so long)

He will not come to any harm wandering there and you do not have the responsibility of getting him to come back with you.

If he eats well and gets his strength back he may well be more settled.

So feet up, soft music, and a full nights sleep.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Good to hear that Dhiren ate a good dinner - not so good he has had a fall, but clearly it was nothing they couldn't cope with at the home.

Of course it won't all end in tears tomorrow - though you might hit a subdued patch here and there.

I hope you're making plans as to how to pass your week, even if they are as simple as taking your breakfast back to bed or treating yourself to a good browse and then purchase of a CD. (I finally got to watch 84 Charing Cross Road, by the way. One of my boys gave it to me at Christmas.)

Hope you haven't got so used to waking through the night that you don't get an unbroken night's sleep. (That seems like an unnecessary lot of negatives ...) To put it a little better, hope you have a good night's sleep!

Love, Nan XXX

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Dear Sylvia,

Attachments

• flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 386

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
Just popped in after a training evening & picking son up from dress rehearsal - he has been asked to be 2nd violin for a musical for 2 nights - he's really chuffed - & your green light is on........aaaarrrggghhh - if you will, so will I........go to bed I mean!!, love Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.