Poor Piedsmum is poorly again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

piedwarbler

Aug 3, 2010
South Ribble
Ah thank you Fiona. And for everything. The cyanosis was there at the end just as you said and the knowledge you taught me helped me be prepared and I believe helped me be there. I will always be grateful to you. X

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Not Sure What To Say

Hello Dear Pied , On waking today was not going to log onto T P until later in the day ( as you see changed my mind ) Am pleased you were able to sleep so well & only woke up once which must mean some thing but not sure what . As you can see Pied am at a loss for words ( after reading your long Post ) However am pleased you have typed such a lovely Post Pied & letting us all share every thing like the fact you & your Sister went back to the C H & was able to thank the wonderful & caring Nurse M . Am sure she much appreciated the time & your kind thoughtfulness you both did in doing so Pied . Pleased also the *On Call * G P was so caring & gentle & you were allowed to stay that must mean a lot to you both

Glad also you found the Candles so comforting & I had the same wish as the other T P 'er to put them onto this Thread but was not able to as did not know how to ! Am pleased the other T P 'er did tho

Wishing you & your Sister much Love , Strength & Comfort in sorting & clearing your Mum 's room today ( not a easy Job & you will both be in my thoughts today dear Pied )

Much Love & BIG HUGS

Love Grove x x x x x x

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Good morning Pied . Glad to see that you got some sleep and hope sis did too.

Its a continuing period of adjustment for you with it being at its most acute over the next few weeks. I am glad you feel able to continue posting on here today and I am sure you will always find us here ready to listen and to offer help where we can. However, no doubt there will be days when Talking Point will be the very last place you will want to be. In the same way, there will be very sad moments, wistful memories, days when you can't get specific things out of your head and times when you will feel shocked that you have been so involved in something else you haven't been thinking about your Mum for several hours. But all this is OK Pied. Please don't get caught up in the idea that you "ought" to behave in a specific way and do or not do something because that is just society's conditioning and, I feel, often gets in the way of grieving and gaining true peace of mind.

Hope all that needs to be done today goes smoothly and how you wish.

Sending you caring and supportive hugs.

With love
Celia
xx

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Talking Point mobile app

Last edited:

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Good morning Pied,

I am glad you slept well. You will need many, many good sleeps to catch up. I was struck by the sense of calm you have as when Alan died I felt full of love and the house felt full of love. It was very tangible and it lasted for months. Even people coming to visit me could feel it.

It sounds good to me that you are letting your thoughts come and go. I like the way you say you are just watching them.

I didn't know your mum was ill before you were born and that you had cared for her all your life. For the next little while you will still be caring for her as you prepare her funeral as I am sure you will want it to be a fitting tribute to her life.

I hope you will be able to step into this day Pied with a sense of peace. I can still imagine your mum's final smile and to me that seems like confirmation that she wanted you to be left with good feelings and images. In the end she left you gifts which will be with you for the rest of your life.

Love

sunray

Sep 21, 2008
East Coast of Australia
so sorry

Pied, so glad you were there, so sad it had to happen. It is good you slept well and feel at peace. Of course there are hard times ahead, the funeral and so forth but basically hold onto the peaceful feeling as long as you can.

My condolences, my thoughts are with you.

Sue.

winda

Oct 17, 2011
Nottinghamshire
Please accept my sincere condolences, Pied.

Your mum is at peace now and you and your sis know you have done everything you could.
Now you need to look after yourself and get back your strength. There will be much to do in the days ahead.

Take care xx

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thank You

Am glad you found my reply so comforting Pied & thank you for your reply

Take good care of your self Pied & Peace be with you today & in the days & weeks to come

Much Love & Comforting Hugs

Love Grove x x

Last edited:

Pennie

Jun 16, 2013
Somerset
There's a new star in the heavens, that wasn't there last night
It is strong, and it is constant, this star that shines so bright

It is sad when there's a passing for the loved ones left on earth
But they're comforted in knowing of their dear departed's worth

And Piedsmum was exceptional, she waited for the light
That came blindingly towards her, to say the time was right

With each fibre of her being, she summoned all her power
To give her darling daughters a memento of the hour

As they waited so expectantly, their Mum was blessed with grace
She looked between the two of them, a smile lit up her face

And though no words were spoken, as they sat there broken hearted
They knew that very second that their dear Mum had departed

No further hours to suffer, to wince or cry in pain
But blessed everlasting peace, and happy once again

And two devoted daughter, whose love will never cease
God Bless You dearest Piedsmum, may your sweet soul Rest In Peace

xxxxxxxx

What a lovely poem! :)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Pied

I'm so glad you managed to sleep last night, sometimes the mind is in such a whirl, sleep is difficult. Of course you're tired, you've been on red alert for so long. If you can keep that sense of peace, and not push yourself now, you'll get through this.

I too remember the euphoria when John died, It's such a privilege to be with someone you love as they take their final steps to freedom. To some extent, that is still with me, three years on. I suppose it may appear to some that I am not grieving - of course I am, but I'm trying to live by my tagline, and I remember my years with John with deep joy.

Pied, don't try to push yourself now. I know it seems that there is so much to do, and it's easy to panic, but there really is plenty of time. Try to spread out the jobs a bit, so you're not left with huge gaps to fill.

It was so thoughtful of you and sis to go back and speak to M. I was sorry for your sake that she wasn't on duty when your mum died, but you made that right for her. I'm sure your chat helped you both.

Once again, respect!:)

Love,

PS Scarlett, your poem is wonderful.

Last edited:

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hello Pied , You are in my thoughts this morning & glad I sent you the Special Message earlier on

Much Love & Comforting Vibes & Hugs

Love Grove x x x

florence43

Jul 1, 2009
London
Dear Pied,

You've been on my mind constantly, as I wonder how you are getting through today. I find myself going back to the day after my own mum died and the feeling that, actually, nothing felt all that different, if you take away the intensity of the last week of her life. I could almost pretend she was still at the NH, and that I would see her at the weekend, as I had done, every weekend, for nearly 18 months.

Only the appointments at the funeral directors and registering her death were stark reminders, but I was amazed at how life went on.

The emptiness really hit after the funeral, when nobody seemed to need me as much as my mum had, and I felt very lonely. There were no immediate jobs to do, or people to call or places to go. I buried myself in probate business...just to feel useful and to keep that ongoing link with mum.

I imagine you will have a lot of emotions to face at some point, and thankfully, there are so many here with the same experiences. We will still be by your side as you try to make sense of them.

The thankfulness of her being safe now will carry you for a while yet, so don't expect too much or go searching for answers. Just let the natural grieving process take its course, whatever it may be. Mine was a long and complicated one, but where I couldn't cry for some time, and I couldn't remember her voice or who she used to be, I felt the weight off my shoulders and that was good. But even when the tears came, and wow...did they come, I was still able to laugh and sing and dance with my children, and feel the glow of mum's love shining down on me when I did. I feel her every single day, like an angel on my shoulder and a voice in my heart. I never imagined I would feel this, and it's incredible.

Take little steps now, Pied. There's a long way to go and you will have ups and downs, but don't put any pressure on yourself. Go with the flow...it's all you can do!

Sending much love,

Annie xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Hello Pied

I woke up and thought of you at once.I'm glad you've had a bit of rest and hope you will continue to do so.

Your thread has been quite extraordinary and I'm sure it's helped so many people.

Continue to celebrate your little Mum's life Pied, she has touched the hearts of so many.

Love to you and Sis

Lyn T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fraoch