So bizarre !

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
I am so sorry for your loss Celia (((hugs))).

2J's, I agree with Spamar, it is always good to encourage any ideas of going away on holiday!

Ann, I really hope that this latest meeting bears fruit (((hugs))).

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
((((((hugs))))) celia

Your sun-room looks good 2Jays, it will be good to have the saga at an end.

Ann - your work life always makes me feel tired just reading it! I honestly dont know how they can justify making you putting in so many hours.

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
@CeliaW sorry to hear about your brother. Big hugs

Sorry I've not been posting. The stress generated by dau and uni applications is overwhelming. Combined with hectic run of sporting events just not managed to post. Been reading.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
@CeliaW sorry to hear about your brother. Big hugs

Sorry I've not been posting. The stress generated by dau and uni applications is overwhelming. Combined with hectic run of sporting events just not managed to post. Been reading.

I hear you. I’m with you

not just now, but been where you are now

Nothing anyone says who relates, makes it easier - squishy ones xx

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

Spamar, glad to read your cold is at least a little better - sending more get well soon {{{{{hugs}}}} and hoping it goes completely for you very soon xxxx

2jays - I do like 1jays thinking - believe me, if I had any leave left, we would be off again at the end of Jan - thinking of giving Grand Canaria a go next time. I am hoping that fuss we have kicked up about TOIL means that the 2 days I am owed from last week can be carried over to a 'convenient' time - because that way, I'm half way to being able to get that week off already!!! Will just have to wait and see.

I remember the stress with oldest over uni applications and you have my sympathy JM - you must be exhausted! Son wasn't too bad - he had his sights fixed firmly on the one university that he felt wass right for him, had reluctantly picked the local uni as his second choice - and that was it. Thankfully, he got into his first choice and it was all smooth sailing. A big contrast to oldest who had us all stressed and shattered with her fretting and running round xxxxx

[QUOTE="canary, post: 1580385, member: 42506"]

Ann - your work life always makes me feel tired just reading it! I honestly dont know how they can justify making you putting in so many hours.[/QUOTE]

They don't get how much work is involved in acheiving what we do, canary - thats the upshot. The organisation and slog required to get to the point of delivering a project is totally unappreciated and not at all understood, and the length of time needed for admin is something else that they don't get. Hopefully, after that meeting, they have a better idea of just what it takes!

Celia - sending you more {{{{{{hugs}}}}}, sweetie xxx

Had a really nice day with son and his GF yesterday - a wander round Preston with them, and a really nice lunch out in a little cafe we found. I managed to finish off oldests' birthday present shopping - its her birthday on the 31st, Halloween :) Her main present is the money for a new coat, but I like them all to have gifts to open too. So she has a new handbag and matching purse (Burgundy, to match the scarf that she had told her siblings she would like), a 'cloud' shaped bedside light she had also mentioned that she would like and I finished off the shopping yesterday by getting her a Disney studio piece, featuring characters from 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' - one of her very favourite films. She loves this type of thing, but they are so expensive that they fall into the catagory of 'unecessary' where her own budget is concerned. We were lucky enough to find a shop with a sale on yesterday, so whilst still very pricy, we decided to treat her :)

We also met the new Granddog, Oscar (Oz)

[ATTACH=full]60062[/ATTACH]

Doesn't he just make your heart melt?

He is only 18 months old, was found as a stray in Spain about a year ago, fostered there, brought over to UK through a charity, fostered here then re-homed (but it didn't work out as the new owners' other dog decided he didn't like Oscar), and then fostered again before son and GF took him on. So he has had an very unsettled time of it, and heaven only knows what he went through as a stray, or where he started his life and how he ended up on the streets.

The chewing is a major issue, sadly - though there is absolutely no chance that son and GF will give up on him, he is very much part of their family now. He has been provided with a host of toys that are supposed to satisfy the chewing urge, but whenever he is left in the house with just Jessie, their other doggy, he finds something to destroy. Before heading to Preston yesterday, the dining room was 'Oscar proofed' - or so we thought - and he was left with plenty of legitimate things to gnaw on - on our return, he had managed to lift a coaster from the table, which was in bits on the floor and find (at the back of a shelf and behind other items that he couldn't chew) a roll of wrapping paper, which he shredded - cardboard tubing and all. They are taking him to a trainer for help with this problem - hopefully they can get it sorted. After hearing of his exploits (and how much damage he has caused already) while we were out, I bought him a mahoosive chewy bone - which he really, really fell in love with :)

[ATTACH=full]60063[/ATTACH]

Lets hope that saves at least a couple of son and his GF's possessions over the next few days!

Yesterday was a little spoilt by the darn fibro pain - added to which, I'd only had about 2 and a half hours sleep the night before. So yesterday, I stocked up on the green lipped mussel gel that I find fairly effective and plastered myself in it last night. I also took the full dose of painkillers through the day, topping them off at bed time with a dose of the very strong tablets that I have for vertigo (which thankfully, I now rarely get) and which I know make me sleepy. And last night I slept for SEVEN WHOLE HOURS!!! The differece it makes to how I feel is amazing :) I can't take that amount of meds evey day - apart from anything else, they would soon cease to be as effective, and then what? - but I really did need that sleep, so occasionally resorting to that method is something I need to do.

No idea what is on the cards for today - the weather is foul, heavy rain and quite blowy, so the idea of heading to Erddig with the dogs for a walk round the gardens there is definitely off the table. We may go and look for a new dining table and chairs (very much needed!) - or we may just bumble round the house doing bits and bobs - we'll see.

Take care everyone, and enjoy whats left of the weekend xxxxx

Attachments

• 44025019_10217447457489171_2599855261749346304_n.jpg
    44025019_10217447457489171_2599855261749346304_n.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 912
  • 44110748_10217449179852229_6258724548158423040_n.jpg
    44110748_10217449179852229_6258724548158423040_n.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 892

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Ann, Oz looks utterly adorable! However, the chewing sounds a big problem :( He is still young, so here's hoping that the habit can be broken with consistent, loving, handling.

I'm sorry - but not surprised - that your fibro pain is bad (((hugs))). Whilst this is a very real, physical, illness, it is known to be worsened by stress. I'm glad you managed to get a good sleep last night but, unfortunately, that won't make up for the chronic sleep deprivation.

It sounds as if we have similar weather to you, so I don't expect we will do a lot until quiz this evening.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Thank you for aĺl the hugs, much appreciated.

New week, going to try and be more cheerful. Hope everyone has as good a week as possible. Hugs back to you all xx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Had a wonderful weekend with my very close family celebrating

Amazing weather. The sun shone all day and the grandkids had a full exciting day playing safely on the bouncy castle, leaving us adults to do what Came naturally to us all.... stamping grapes and eating cake :D

Attachments

• DC06CD2B-BA82-4166-9DD1-968D2066D0CD.jpeg
    DC06CD2B-BA82-4166-9DD1-968D2066D0CD.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 370

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Lovely cake, 2Jays. I can just try a slice right now!

Still got the cold, not as bad as last week, but going through tissues like they’re going out of fashion! How did we manage with just hankies? I remember the ugh feeling when washing them!

Oz looks a bit of a young scamp! One of the dogs my parents had used to love chewing everything, shoes were her speciality, stockings were a nice treat, but grew out of it.

JM, you must be really juggling! Hope things are sorting themselves out.

Bit misty here, hope it’s really nice weather for you all.

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Oh @CeliaW, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. Please accept my condolences and a very gentle (hug).

I'm fine, my mother is fine, I'm not caught up, I hope everyone is okay. I've been visiting friends the past two weekends and have been generally busy so I am reading some, but not posting often. I did see Spamar hasn't been well and I hope you're better! I also saw JM is having uni application stress and send lots of sympathetic (((((hugs))))), although wine and chocolate and maybe tranquilizers would be of more practical help. I have a niece in the equivalent US position and she and her mother are mahoosively stressed beyond belief.

Ann, hope MIL is as okay as she can be and that all is well with her care and much love and many hugs to you all!!!!!!!!

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

It's great to see you Amy and I am glad you have been able to get away and visit friends :)

Yes, 2Js cake does look scrumptious! We went out for afternoon tea to celebrate my birthday, so I wasn't allowed a cake :( Yes, it was actually very sensible because it meant I didn't try and eat a whole big cake to myself :oops: but, after years of making cakes for family and friends, it would have been nice to have someone get one for me!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Morning all,

It's great to see you Amy and I am glad you have been able to get away and visit friends :)

Yes, 2Js cake does look scrumptious! We went out for afternoon tea to celebrate my birthday, so I wasn't allowed a cake :( Yes, it was actually very sensible because it meant I didn't try and eat a whole big cake to myself :oops: but, after years of making cakes for family and friends, it would have been nice to have someone get one for me!

Your birthday too?

I’m now a grande dame of 60 and feeling every year due to grape stomping :D

Grandchildren were very active in the decorating of the cake, but not before testing the ingredients :)

Sadly I’ve recently acquired a wheat intolerance, which I haven’t mentioned to family... so no cake for me, just the topping :)

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I’ve asked step dau to do my cake!

It’s autumn and I have about 1,000,000 of these littering the garden!

Last edited:

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

Happy Belated Birthday 2Jays and Slugsta xxxxx Cake looks lush!

Amy, glad all is OK with you, and thast you managed to get away and see friends xxx

Autumn seems to have arrived very abruptly, Spamar - last week, a change in leaf coulour - though not seemingly tthe vivid colours quite yet - ths week, leaves on the ground everywhere! Having to dodge falling conkers when I visit the garden site in work.

I haven't yet been near Mil, work has been so manic. Once again this week, no clear day off, due to red tape type meetings to do with clearing the garden site, and dealing with 3 very large tree's there - 2 projects today, tomorrow a meeting with our garden planner and gardening tutor, Thursday we are meeting with the tree surveyor, who will push through planning to allow us to get crown reduction and lifting on 2 of the trees - and maybe, tree 3 removed (mainly because its situated in a place that will be hazardous to the young people using the garden - its in a narrow spot, making wheelchair access a bit iffy). I had a meeting with the college yesterday, to discus the work I can do with the students prior to the site being cleared and made safe for them to work on, now on a search for old palletts, old tyres, plant pots - and an expert in building bottle greenhouses. 3 Projects yesterday, too, including a group that are nothing to do with the garden and who are starting off doing some work on awareness raising, involving them doing disability access surveys on a series of locations around the town. One of the group suggested that whilst they were doing the surveys, it would be a good idea if one or more of them wore a blindfold so they could really understand how difficult things were for someone visually impaired and I agreed. Later, when looking over their workbooks, in the section entitled 'what we are planning to do', 4 of 'em had written 'Ann is going to blindfold us' - just that, no explanation (though one had added a smiley face!) - I'll have to get them to enlarge on that statement, otherwise goodness knows what the funders and my bosses will think when they read them!

I've been starting early, getting home late and still behind on the admin, so just no chance to get near Mil. I'm hoping that once Fridays meeting is out of the way, I can call time and go to see her then - in between shopping and sorting everything ready for oldests' visit. We are hoping to head up to Betws Y coed - which is a beautiful wee village in Snowdonia - and back to Tatton park for the day at the weekend, so I really only have Friday to get the mundane house type chores sorted.

On a side note, the big boss has set a meeting date with myself and my Welsh counterparts to deal with some of our specific issues raised at last weeks meeting, so it looks like we are being taken seriously. Which is good. At this point, I've lost track pretty much of how many additional hours I've done, just since coming back off holiday.

And I have to get cracking now, work beckons! Sending lots of Love to you all xxxxx

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grandaughtercare