So bizarre !

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Hello all, from beautiful Fuerteventura

WiFi at the hotel is behaving this morning, so I thought I'd pop in and say Hi.

Fab hotel, clean, comfy, lovely staff - food nice, but not many veggie options - however, not starving so not complaining. Had a run to Morra Jable and the local beach a couple of times - so beautiful - lol, if you ignore the nudists, most of whom are in their 70's ! (Actually, worse than the nudes, was the elderly gent wandering round in sandals - and a thong My eyes are still stinging from that one!)

The fibro stowed away and sadly came with us - sleeping is a bit of a problem, , but at least when I can't sleep, I have a balcony with a view over a pool surrounded with trees decked in fairy lights, and mountains rising in the distance - so it could be worse!

Hope you are all OK, sending love to you all - I'll leave you with my morning view, see you in about a week x
IMG_20180918_091852_290.jpg

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

We had a great holiday and arrived home this morning. Not too keen on the weather that Southampton had laid on to meet us!

I'm glad that the meeting with HBM went well and that Ann can relax in the knowledge that there should be no sillyness while she is away.

(((hugs))) for all.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Welcome back, Slugsta! Glad the holiday went well. Sorry about the weather, I had rain nearly all day as well! Heating on for first time! And last nights low was 7.8 C. Brrrr.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Welcome home slugsta. Hopefully today you have the sun like we do. Ok it’s VERY nippy but the sun looks lovely through the sun room windows, which has now been painted white. Looks a bit like an ice berg or operating theatre at the moment but hopefully once I get a few warm looking things in there it was look a bit more cosy for the winter

The heating has been sorted and also, so the fridge can be moved, the cable has been unwrapped from the “professional” pipework

Kitchen has been correctly plastered and doesn’t drop off the wall when closing a kitchen unit. That is now awaiting the decorators magic touch in a couple of days time

A5AB7669-7A37-4537-A749-D15C784218CD.jpeg

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
We arrived home from our holiday last night. Hope everyone is as well as possible and one of these days I will get caught up. I hope Ann is having a lovely time and taking masses of photos!

Love to everyone.

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Welcome home slugsta. Hopefully today you have the sun like we do. Ok it’s VERY nippy but the sun looks lovely through the sun room windows, which has now been painted white. Looks a bit like an ice berg or operating theatre at the moment but hopefully once I get a few warm looking things in there it was look a bit more cosy for the winter

The heating has been sorted and also, so the fridge can be moved, the cable has been unwrapped from the “professional” pipework

Kitchen has been correctly plastered and doesn’t drop off the wall when closing a kitchen unit. That is now awaiting the decorators magic touch in a couple of days time

View attachment 59958
That is a very graphic photo!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
IN short - busy juggling, I've just been to Llandegla fishery cafe on my bike, found some rather steep hills, my friend fell off before she could get off when it got too steep for her. They do a fab fish finger buttie with chips, but too much for me when cycling so I had carrot and coriander soup.

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
IN short - busy juggling, I've just been to Llandegla fishery cafe on my bike, found some rather steep hills, my friend fell off before she could get off when it got too steep for her. They do a fab fish finger buttie with chips, but too much for me when cycling so I had carrot and coriander soup.
Good to hear from you @jugglingmum - happened to spot your name on 'Recent Posts' so I hope it's okay if I pop in here....
You'd have laughed at me this morning :oops: I got myself a static bike and thought I'd do a few minutes. Failed to realise it was a very lightweight one and managed to fall off it before I was in the saddle as it were.....am now scared to try again :oops:
All the best
Lindy xx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I’ve been “playing” at being a gofa for PROFESSIONAL decorator and handy person who has been making good “professional” builders ummmmm how do I put this...... attempt

Still waiting for the new roof - it going to be done by a PROFESSIONAL who is making time, when he can, to fix the other roof at cost price. Old roof not leaking now, so no mad rush

I need to find someone who can sort the shambles double glazing..... gaps everywhere between frames and beading and one door has sunk so low it’s letting in rays of light along with the cold....

I’m not stressed about it all anymore. I’m past stressed

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Hi, I’m still here!
Good thing that’s happened, well query good, I suppose, my DLA has been extended for the foreseeable future. Good that I’ve got it, not so good is this is as good as it gets. Bittersweet, I suppose.

2Jays, I need a man that does as well. Had a storm the other day and conservatory, fortunately tiled floor, was deep! Put a washing up bowl down, half full in 30 mins, plus all the splashes on the floor.

Think I said my eyes are OK for driving, that’s a relief! But I don’t drive far these days.

Decided not to go to local food and drink festival this weekend, just can’t face it!

JM, that made me chuckle, I can just picture it!

Hope Ann is OK and her mil is as good as she can be, and HBM hasn’t gone back on her word!

Have a good weekend, one and all.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Evening all,

Jm, I used to call that kind of fall an 'involuntary dismount'! I did quite a number of them but always in slo mo :oops:

Spamar, I'm glad you won't have the stress of constant DLA reassessments.

2Js, sorry you have so much work to fix 'professionals' foul ups :mad:

I've had an emotional few days - had a call on Monday to say that one of my long-term acquaintances had died while we were away, went to her funeral on Wednesday. Yesterday I saw my Thursday Man and discovered he had a cardiac arrest the day after I went away :eek: Fortunately, he was in the sports centre that a) had a defib handy and b) is just over the road from the hozzie. He has been diagnosed with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, sends my blood cold when I think of all the vigorous exercise he did in the past (long distance runner), and is now the proud owner if an implanted defib.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Sorry, meant PIP, not DLA. Obviously flipping back a few years to when I did get DLA! My apologies.

Good news, the sun is out! Now just needs to warm up a bit!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Glad you got your pip @Spamar so humiliating having to go through isn’t it

Hugs @Slugsta quite shocking to come home to hear news like that

@jugglingmum still convinced you are NUTS to enjoy putting yourself into these bike situations :D glad for you that you had a good day:)

I’m slightly in retreat from the outside world at the moment. Doesn’t stop me lurking on line tho. :eek: that makes me sound like a stalker :)

Many squishy hugs to all

Hope @Ann Mac has had a good holiday without too much interference from the Fibro bully. Hopefully she is able to leave it somewhere remote in fuerta

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
2Js (((hugs)))

Spamar, whether DLA or PIP, I'm glad you won't have to face repeated reassessments. I was switched over to PIP (2/5 years before my DLA was due to end!) and lost my high rate mobility. It was re-instated 12 months later but we had taken out a loan to buy my car by that time.

Today's excitement was a vet visit with Skycat - always worrying given her long-term problems. We have our fingers crossed that this is just a bug and she will soon be feeling better . . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathyann