just lost my mum

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
well update from me im packing my bags as im flying away this weekend,i cant say im exited about it ,still feeling pretty low at the moment ,since mum died i cant really get up for most things ,the happy go lucky person is somewhere inside but he is sad most of the time,im looking forward to meeting my cousin she is more like a sister then a cousin she always has been her and her sister,she has always been there for me ,now i need to be there for her as she has just had to have her dog put down,right pair we are gonna be otherwise
im suffering with bad cough going around which i been informed is nicknamed the queens cough plus i have a bad back apart from that im fine!!!

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I'm sure you will enjoy it when you are there Webby (as you always do :)) and get chatting with your cousin. I've looked back but can't see where you are going , I hope there is some sunshine for you to help lift your spirits too. Have a good break and tell us about it when you return xx

jimbosmith

May 10, 2013
Thanks for keeping this post going webby. It has helped me this week with losing my mother, especially the actual night itself.

Enjoy Lanzerote!

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
thanks dazmum,starting to look forward to it now,last night i was searching for a few things in my wardrobe when i came across a photo album belonging to my mum from the 1950s some great pics in there also a few loose pics of mum and my family in the garden this was before the dementia,its really hard to remember mum from before the dementia,i hate dementia how it took 10 years of my mums life away,she deserved better

sparklestars

Aug 7, 2016
Hope you have a great time in Lanzarote Webby - I haven't spoken to you on here before but I recognised you from your name/details from another forum (DD) :)

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Absolutely, like most diseases it's so very unfair, hate what it does to all of our loved ones. I tell my mum things that we enjoyed and show her photos and she doesn't truly remember them although she says she does!

But we remember the good times that they enjoyed with us and can carry them on and still share them. You will be able to do that with your cousin. My cousin and I always share stories of when we were young and they always make us laugh x

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
sparkle stars i remember you good to hear from you,yes your right dazmum ,my cousin whos mum was my mums sister was tragically killed in a car crash which left my mum badly injured 2 months intensive care,my cousin mentioned that she had hardly any pics of her mum so i have gone through albums to get her lots which will give to her before we fly off,she and her sister were so helpful to me and mum always putting us up for free holidays its least i can do

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
well had a great holiday,now back at home feeling pretty down still missing mum so much,i use to love coming home to see her smiling face now i come back to nothing each night its so hard,it was lovely being on holiday and having someone to talk to all the time,also this time last year mum was in hospital i still blame myself for her catching my cold,my desision for her to go to hospital i cant help thinking if things would have been different if she hadnt of gone :(

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
not been on here lately ,truth is im struggling at the moment ,missing mum so much,most of the time im on my own so i guess it dosnt help plus its almost a year,i dont find it getting easier at all,its almost like the first day :(

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
A few of us are finding it doesn`t get easier webby. I`m afraid we just have to learn to live with it and hope it will get easier in time.

Harrys daughter

Jul 12, 2016
Ow webby it's still early days grief dosnt come with a use by date I think it's also difficult when ppl expect you to be getting along fine I'm also grieving and i really thought id deal better with it but it just smacks you when you least expect it to xxxx

Sent from my SM-G930F using Talking Point mobile app

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
to true ladys,im trying to be positive and keep busy but like you say it just smacks you in your mouth when you dont exspect it,mum was a massive part of my life,bigger then i realised and i really think i will always feel like this i just got to learn to live with it

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Hi Webby glad you enjoyed your hols. We who have lost loved ones know we will never get over it and the grieving like Harryd say just turns up and knocks you back down again.
We have to get on with it and just take little steps every day. At least we had our Mums to a good old age and death comes to us all eventually. I get on by believing Mum is always with me and one day we will be reunited. Big hugs x

webby123

Mar 14, 2016
good to hear from you jorgie ,yes i beleive the same,also she loved birds inparticular owls,i seem to see them all the time its if she is looking over me,recently i went for a coffee with a girl i know mum wasnt keen on,she then told me she had bought herself a present ,when she showed me it was a china owl!