A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
..I also have Raynaud's syndrome. I wear socks in bed almost all year round. My hands and feet go grey regularly. They really do look dead sometimes.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
..I also have Raynaud's syndrome. I wear socks in bed almost all year round. My hands and feet go grey regularly. They really do look dead sometimes.

People can get quite spooked by it! I find it quite sore when they go from white to blue to normal.

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
With me it's the impatience of having to wait until the feeling comes back.

Sometimes, in winter, it can be a bit painful.

It happens when I go down the fridge aisles in supermarkets, a buzz in your fingers and toes and like Sue says, when you look at your fingers, half of them look deed!

win

Oct 14, 2012
I have Raynaud's, even on a hot day getting into a car that's been in the shade means my fingers go white and I can't drive for a short while, in the winter when I clear the paths of ice, they go navy blue.
If I was an ex-coal miner I'd get a pension for it.

I'm a hot water bottle person, I like the cold sheets but warm feet (I've had socks on for bed for the last three nights, when we were younger I used to wear so much for bed Peter used to ask 'How will I get in?':D)

Yes I agree, we would indeed. It hurts too when they start to come around, real throbbing.
Peter obviously had a lovely sense of humour as my husband did, he never grumbled because wore in bed than outside. Central heating is on all year here, but of course it switches itself off when it has reached the temperature required. I also have the fan heater onto boost the room I am in.

I wear gloves all year round in Tesco and still they die. The assistants pack for me as I cannot feel the things and drop them. The worst for me is when I want to go the toilet, I cannot undo my trousers, nor get my keys out of the pocket. It really does affect your general well being. I have had since childhood, and they do say that for every time your extremities die off, you never endings get more and more affected.

win

Oct 14, 2012
With me it's the impatience of having to wait until the feeling comes back.

Sometimes, in winter, it can be a bit painful.

It happens when I go down the fridge aisles in supermarkets, a buzz in your fingers and toes and like Sue says, when you look at your fingers, half of them look deed!

I put hot water in a bowl and dip them in and ut for quick "defrosting" I know it is the worst thing to do, but otherwise it takes hours for them to come back.

As a child I always had to miss out on the Ice skating, my friends could run around on the ice for hours, but after 10 minutes, my feet and hands were dead and I could not get my skates off. I used to cry all the way home.

Does any one take any medication for Raynaud's?

I was prescribed some blood thinning medication some years back (not warfarin) but I cannot remember the name, but they gave me severe Palpitations and the side effect can be heart trouble so the doctor took me of them again.

My friend many years ago had an injection in her throat, presume it was the thyroid, at The University Hospital in London and has never suffered since. My doctor will not entertain referring me for that as I have an underactive Thyroid and take Thyroxine every day. Just have to live it.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Aw, too late for cake as usual :D

Black forest.jpg

No worries. I`ve just knocked up another. :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s strange Win. I have an under active thyroid and take Thyroxine , have cold feet but the rest of me is warm.

Raynaud’s sounds painful and also debilitating. I had heard of it but had no idea it was so serious it affects your life.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
You know, I love it when a thread runs like this. It is just like sitting with friends having coffee and cake and nattering about this and that. Helpful hints about bites ( rubbing an ice cube on one helps.....but does it if you have Reynaud's?) Blankets v duvets....etc etc.The weather...simply putting the world to rights. I am with friends. Thank you all.x.x:).

win

Oct 14, 2012
It`s strange Win. I have an under active thyroid and take Thyroxine , have cold feet but the rest of me is warm.

Raynaud’s sounds painful and also debilitating. I had heard of it but had no idea it was so serious it affects your life.

I think that is exactly it Sylvia, even the doctor tends to minimize the condition, he very rarely sees me at my worst.

The carers who used to come in for Ewen always suggested I should take photos and take them with me to the doctor. I might try that before we hit another winter. x

How is your hives? Hope they are better now if not gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.