A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
I am doing it a bit at a time, Allen has gone back to bed, I told him off for being so grumpy,he is like Jekyll and Hyde I don't know who to expect when he wakes up :rolleyes:

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
The film Australia was on TV the other day, Friday or Saturday I think. I did mean to watch it but I something must have distracted me.I hope you enjoyed it Sylvia.

Glad to say sun is out this morning. Still cold though.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The film was amazing Saffie.

I bought it on DVD because I couldn`t get the channel on my TV . It was cheaper than going to the cinema and I have a DVD which I will certainly watch again.

The sun is shining here too. I`m not sure what to do today. It`s so easy to drift and end up doing nothing.

Hope you have a good day.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I couldn`t get the channel on my TV
It could be that was what distracted me Sylvia!:rolleyes:
I have only Freeview and rarely even watch much of that.
I know I saw it in the newspaper supplement and thought I'd like to see it as I've heard of it.
The trouble is that I hardly ever watch DVDs either.
I still have a load of TV recorded films on video that I have never seen. I still have a vide player and keep meaning to watch then so I can throw them away but never seem to find the time to do so!
I just don't seem to accomplish anything much these days.:eek:

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
The film was amazing Saffie.

I bought it on DVD because I couldn`t get the channel on my TV . It was cheaper than going to the cinema and I have a DVD which I will certainly watch again.

The sun is shining here too. I`m not sure what to do today. It`s so easy to drift and end up doing nothing.

Hope you have a good day.

Drifting can be good too, Sylvia. If I had a nice clean shed I'd feel tempted to put up some curtains and find a discarded armchair for it.....but it's impossible to get into ours because of the accumulated rubbish.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Drifting can be good too, Sylvia. If I had a nice clean shed I'd feel tempted to put up some curtains and find a discarded armchair for it.....but it's impossible to get into ours because of the accumulated rubbish.

It`s only clean on the outside Anne. I have yet to creosote the inside to get rid of all the bugs.

Then I will put all the stuff from the dismantled greenhouse in. I have all my plant pots and trays in an old black dustbin. They have to be washed before taking to the charity shops. I have far too many from the days when I bought plug plants and actually planted them myself. My back won`t let me now, nor will the slugs and snails.

But for the moment, I`m just thinking about it. :eek:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`ve done it and it was an awful job.

Things were flying all over the place and fluff and other things lurking in corners, I obviously wasn`t thorough enough with the bleach and the Raid.

Every time something was disturbed and either crawled or flew out, I went for it with a creosoted brush. [some Buddhist I am :eek: ]

I have fumigated myself, never mind the shed.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I`ve done it and it was an awful job.

Things were flying all over the place and fluff and other things lurking in corners, I obviously wasn`t thorough enough with the bleach and the Raid.

Every time something was disturbed and either crawled or flew out, I went for it with a creosoted brush. [some Buddhist I am :eek: ]

I have fumigated myself, never mind the shed.

Do you have a video of it all?:D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m known for being a trifle squeamish. In fact where creatures are concerned, especially those which crawl, buzz, squeak or lie dead , I`m a wimp.

Dhiren was wonderful. He dealt with everything of this nature, from spiders in the bath to slugs crawling up the walls.

When I looked out of the kitchen window this morning, something black, oval and still was lying at the bottom of the lawn. It could only be a dead bird.

I decided this was way out of my comfort zone and once I was dressed I would call Paul for help. If he was unavailable [ on the Golf Course ? ] I would have to ask my very good neighbours. I was beaten. I could not deal with this.

As the morning wore on and after sharing this horror with friends, I had a little think. I`m a grown woman. If it`s dead it can`t hurt me. I would try. At least, if I failed I could say I`d tried.

I put on my heavy duty rubber gloves, opened out 2 bin liners, took out a tie bin liner, , a shovel and a very long handled hoe.

I changed my sandals for shoes and crept down the garden.

My eyes are not good enough to make out exactly what it was so I stamped my feet , just to make sure it wasn`t sleeping and once I was sure it would stay still, I approached it with the hoe .

It wasn`t till I moved it and it was on the bin liner, I realised it was too light to be a dead bird. I looked closer.

It was a clump of twigs. :D

I`m so glad I didn`t phone Paul .

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
That made me laugh. I am very impressed with your change of mind and the courage to step right outside your comfort zone.

Margaret79

May 11, 2010
Wisbech, Cambridgeshire
Oh Sylvia thank you for the much needed laugh :D Imagining you all togged up and creeping up on a bunch of twigs is just so funny I keep chuckling to myself.

Keep alert for more twiggy monsters :D:D:eek:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Sylvia. My heart was in my mouth! Much respect for attempting it though. I really don't think I could have!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
I give 100/100 for such courage and determination. I am glad you didn't ask the neighbour, that would have been more embarrassing than asking Paul :)

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
Aw Sylvia you deserve a medal for your bravery and for giving me a laugh :D:D:D

The opposite happened to me, I picked a leaf up that had been stuck in the closed front door and it turned out to be a dead squashed frog,

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The opposite happened to me, I picked a leaf up that had been stuck in the closed front door and it turned out to be a dead squashed frog,

Jeany!!!! I`m glad you didn`t post that before I went to clean up the dead bird. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jan2010