Tough one today.

DeeCee7

Oct 13, 2023
We are all thinking of you and your mum @Muggers . The night is long and dark, but it will be light again. Bless you both xx

Muggers

Mar 18, 2024
Update- So my bed has become a chair, I think this is the fourth night time vigil, my heart tells me it will possibly be my last, mum has been unresponsive for three days and nights now, her breathing is noisy, it’s slow and each breath is a struggle. I bathed her hands with lavender oil today, dabbed her lips with cold pineapple and mango in between giving mouth care, I hold her hand stroke her brow, she knows I’m here, I will be until her last breath. 🌺

sue31

Oct 2, 2023
Medway
My precious mum took her final breath at 5:00am as I held her tight. Xx
So sorry. It’s such a surreal experience.
You’ve done absolutely amazing supporting her till the end.
You must be physically & emotionally exhausted, so get some rest & take care. 😔

sdmhred

Jan 26, 2022
Surrey
Oh @Muggers
So glad you were there for your mum until the end.
Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Take care of yourself and peace to your mum today

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I'm so sorry for your loss.
It's good that you were with her right up to the end.
She is at peace now. Try and find some peace for yourself
xx

SeaSwallow

Volunteer Moderator
Oct 28, 2019
I am so sorry for your loss @Muggers. You have been amazing in they way that you have cared for your mum right to the last. Try to get some rest now.
Wishing you strength for the days ahead.

leny connery

Nov 13, 2022
Update- So my bed has become a chair, I think this is the fourth night time vigil, my heart tells me it will possibly be my last, mum has been unresponsive for three days and nights now, her breathing is noisy, it’s slow and each breath is a struggle. I bathed her hands with lavender oil today, dabbed her lips with cold pineapple and mango in between giving mouth care, I hold her hand stroke her brow, she knows I’m here, I will be until her last breath. 🌺
lovely, my dear. God bless you and strengthen you in your vigil with your mum's last journey

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I can only offer my sincere condolences @Muggers.

You did everything you could for your mum and were with her at the end. Respect.

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
My sincere condolences @Muggers - I am glad that you were able to be with your mum throughout her journey and in her final moments. Wishing you and the family peace and healing.

SkyeD

Oct 3, 2022
I'm sorry to hear your sad news @Muggers
As others have said, you're amazing staying with your mum to the very end. She is at peace now.
Wishing you peace and strength over the coming days and weeks.
Take care,
S x

Scarlet Lady

Apr 6, 2021
It’s a sad day, but I’m glad both yours and your mum's ordeals have come to an end. She can be at peace now and I hope you can find peace and comfort too in the time to come.

DeeCee7

Oct 13, 2023
You did it. I am so relieved you could do what you were determined to do. You were there @Muggers. You held her tight, like she did you. Such resilience. Such love.

Firecatcher

Jan 6, 2020
Sending heartfelt condolences @Muggers. It’s been a long journey but you were with your Mum every step of the way and I’m sure she felt your presence. Take care in the weeks/months ahead.

Jane3

Aug 29, 2023
Muggers peace at last, now find peace for your self you were with her to the end I know how difficult it was to watch and you were her comfort.xx