A new stage in my life...................

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Enjoy your trip out...and if it's not too breezy you could always wear a sun hat and to blazes with what the neighbours might think:rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D

A sunhat is a jolly good suggestion. It would be a shame not to take advantage of any rays of sunshine that are around. We've all been so deprived of it.

I hope you had a good day Sylvia, with your family. x

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Sylvia you can get winter hats with a peak

hope you managed a walk with Paul

Love Sarah

Attachments

• 724256066_o.jpg
    724256066_o.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 581
  • hat.jpg
    hat.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 551

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
We had a lovely time thank you.

The world and his wife were out in force taking advantage of sunshine and fresh air. It was uplifting after all the storms, but we spared a thought for those unable to rejoice , those whose homes were still flooded. What a nightmare they are still living with.

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
A friend of ours who needs to take care of her good eye wears her sunglasses and a trilby hat, and looks very stylish

Lovely to be out in the fresh air on a nice day. And newly baked cake afterwards.

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
When our son had surgery for a head injury, when he got home he had to protect his scar from the sun.

He used to wear a peaked hat sideways to shade the scar. He was in his 30's at the time & looked like an overgrown " Kevin" :D ( I did try to get him to wear 3/4 length trousers to complete the look , but he's an old stick in the mud :rolleyes: )

Lin x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Today was the most normal day I've had for a while .

I went to the hairdresser. I thought she would be safer than I would, not to wet the eye. I walked to the high street. It was a lovely day, cold but cheerful, with a bright blue sky. I could see quite well and was full of gratitude.

But then I met a couple of neighbors and had to tell them Dhiren had died. I had been dreading these situations. As soon as I saw the sympathy in their faces I became emotional.

And when I got home, another neighbor phoned, he thought it was a blessed release. His wife will be visiting next week.

And then I phoned the Funeral Director to make arrangements to collect Dhiren's ashes. Our eldest granddaughter will be coming home from university on 28th and we will scatter the ashes off the coast, keeping some back for when any family members visit India. Then the remainder will be scattered in the Ganges.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm glad you had a pleasant time walking to the town Sylvia. It must have felt wonderful to have your hair done!
I'm a bit jealous as we had a dreadful day with heavy rain yesterday and it hasn't been that bright and sunny today, though it was dry.
Others to the east and west of us seemed to fare much better yesterday if the 'Springtime' thread is anything to go by!

I'm not sure what to say about what your neighbour and his 'blessed release' comment. I think I would feel upset even though I am aware that is what a lot of people would think, and maybe rightly - but I don't think I would say it. After all, Dhiren wasn't their husband and it isn't their grief.

I hope you are ok. XXX

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I think it's lovely to be keeping some of Dhiren's ashes in the Ganges.

I'm glad today was good , if emotional, for you. x

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
It's so hard to have to open up and go back to the beginning when you meet people who don't know.

It's so hard.

I can remember reading about someone who was recently bereaved when I had just lost my daughter.

They hated the fact that people avoided them, walked on the other side of the street but I remember being unable to go out. I was consumed by grief and just wanted to wander.

I wanted to walk, have fresh air but didn't want the encounters and there seemed to be so many.

A long time later, I remembered these people who had caused me to be upset when I didn't feel ready for it, who I felt afraid of meeting, who I tried to avoid...

and I remember the fact that they didn't cross the road with warmth and gratitude, their kind words have stayed with me through the years.

I love the combination of the sea and The Ganges. A reflection of a life. XXX

Haylett

Feb 4, 2011
"A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step" You have taken yours, Dhiren will take his. Both with grace and courage. The sea and the great Ganges and the final journey home.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The Funeral Director delivered Dhiren`s ashes today ready for scattering next weekend.

They are not in an Urn, they are in a scatter tube and some are in 3 small containers which I can keep for scattering in the Ganges.

I feel he has come home.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
The Funeral Director delivered Dhiren`s ashes today ready for scattering next weekend.

They are not in an Urn, they are in a scatter tube and some are in 3 small containers which I can keep for scattering in the Ganges.

I feel he has come home.

Scatter some at the weekend into the wind. Keep some for the Ganges ...

Keep some for a fixed place and have a plaque to show where they are scattered.

My dads ashes were blown in the wind in the church yard where my parents were married.

I have no where specific to go to in that church yard to mourn him, There is nothing to show he ever existed to anyone who walks where he was scattered.

No one would know that my dad ever existed when they walk through that church yard.

Mum thought it was ok to scatter my dads ashes to the wind.

She wants her ashes to be placed in a specific churchyard.... Not where my dad is.... and to have a plaque to show she existed.

Forgive me .. I am but a bitter twisted person for not having somewhere specific to go to to mourn my dad, even if it is 41 years ago since he died.... Knowing that a specific place isn't actually necessary..... Just wanting someone walking through the churchyard where he was scattered.... to know he existed.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Bless you Sylvia

Another step for you to take. I've told my Daughter to scatter Pete's and my own ashes together when the time comes. All different choices-all right for each of us on an individual basis.

Take much care Sylvia

Lyn T

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I don`t need a plaque. Dhiren does`t need a plaque.

The ashes will be scattered to the wind and the sea. A very small quantity will stay with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.