Can I ... Should I?

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Thank you @Margi29 Im excited for them. Youngest is desperate to be a dad, he’s already Godfather to numerous & takes it seriously. He said recently how lucky he is to have me, his Grandad & some of my friends as great role models for what a parent should be. Awww, he is just too cute

I might just start looking for holiday buddies. So long as it’s twin beds & no misunderstanding :rolleyes::D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Lol @2jays you just needed @HillyBilly (I think) to explain the wine purification process. I apologise for even thinking it was excess rather than fish :p

If you have an intolerance, you so have to check ... who knew flavoured crisps & 99% of tablets contain milk, so I’m not at all surprised some wine contains fishy bits :(

rainbowcat

Oct 14, 2015
RE wine purification - (scroll quickly past my post if you don't want to know)...

I believe they drag fish guts through the wine to purify it.

I've had bottles of wine that say "May contain milk or eggs" - I can't work that out at all!

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Ooh a grandbaby!!! Now that is excellent news and thank you for sharing that with us.

I bet you would be surprised how many of us would sign up for a holiday as you describe, Sam. I know I would!

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Ooh a grandbaby!!! Now that is excellent news and thank you for sharing that with us.

I bet you would be surprised how many of us would sign up for a holiday as you describe, Sam. I know I would!

So long as it’s better behaved than Mum .... not difficult

Well, you just pop over & we can meet at Heathrow & fly on somewhere :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
I’m hysterical. I think it’s lack of sleep. Or maybe I’m just mean, but I keep laughing

Mum got up in the night & fell in the bath. I know it’s not really funny, but it is funny too

This is me on 2 hours sleep. On auto pilot. Drinking coffee to try to be awake. Ambulance on it’s way. Mum is wrapped up, massive black eye, bruise leg, banged arm. She’s presently puking so I’m out of earshot or I’ll be doing it too. I keep checking on her, but she’s fine

I decided to share my pain & phoned brother. I don’t think he took it in. Expecting a call later to see if he dreamt it

I NEED SLEEP

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
An hour later. I’m not laughing now. I thought about editing my post, but I’ll just explain my abhorrent behaviour (if it’s explanable). Less than 2 hours sleep & not functioning

Being Mum, she’s tried to get up (while I was on the phone) & fell again. Then decided to push the bathroom door shut so she could puke in peace & fell again. Blooming woman is too stubborn for my health. She’s now propped up by the bath on the floor so she can’t fall any further.

I’m either propped at the top of the stairs watching & talking (bathrooms too small unless I get in the bath), or I’m popping downstairs to check if the latest Pooch barking is the ambulance at last

Ugg. I so want a shower & clean clothes. I’ve stepped in something, can’t get at the sink, so it’s baby wipes. She’s puked at least twice in her room, so that’s my job for later. I’m retching just thinking about that one. I’ll never makes a “proper” Carer

At least I don’t think it’s another stroke. Speech is fine.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Gosh that’s a worry Sam. Your mums wommiting.
Hoping not too long at the hospital and it’s just a bug. Been on wommit duty last week lwith one grandchild due to a bug that’s going around

Hugs xxx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh Sam, Im so sorry to hear about your mum (((((hugs))))
Dont worry about editing your post, lack of sleep can do that. I hope you can catch up a bit today.

Congratulations (to everyone) about the grandchild

xx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
This is not going well. At 06.58, nearly 2 hours after I stumbled out of bed to find her on the bathroom floor, she slid down from sitting to lying. Same blur blur blur talking as January.

999, updated call, another 40 minutes for the ambulance to arrive. Can’t be sure, but fairly certain it’s at least a TIA

She only fell twice more while the ambulance crew were trying to get her sorted. She’s now hurt her shoulder as well. Thought they were supposed to make her better, not worse :mad:

So 3 1/2 hours later, she’s just been driven off to Eastbourne Stroke Unit. I’ve mopped up bathroom & downstairs, her bedroom will have to wait. Time to try a shower & drive over myself.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Oh goodness me !!! Just read your post, no vomit is not good!!! Hope your mum is ok and ambulance has arrived. Guess your brother will think, nightmare!!! Give my love to your mum and take care x

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Oh that’s not good. Taking so long to arrive and then not being vigilant so she falls again :(

On your way back home, pick up a tub of vicks and put some under your nose before tackling the bedroom

Sprinkle wommit with baking soda/bicarbonate of soda, news paper over the top and “deal with it” using rubber gloves. Have a bowl of water with a large amount of vinegar diluted with water to wash remaining areas. Sprinkle with more bicarbonate to absorb damp on carpet. Leave until nearly dry and brush off before vacuum area, making sure vicks under your nose is topped up as necessary

Sorry. Can only think of practical things as no useful words of support for you

XxxxxxX hugs

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Oh Sam! :( I completely understand your hysterics in the wee small hours, I used to get like that at end of a night shift. Patients said they were amazed I was 'so happy'.

I really hope your mum is now being well looked after and that you are able to get some sleep (((hugs)))

Re fish in wine etc - I believe 'isinglas' is a form of gelatin derived from fish and, as @rainbowcat said, is also used to refine some beer and wine.

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Hi all

@Sam Luvit has just spoken to me, she's asked for me to put on TP that her mum is in hospital and there has been a marked deterioration in her mum.
She may not be posting for a while.
Sending massive hugs to them both xx

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Hi all

@Sam Luvit has just spoken to me, she's asked for me to put on TP that her mum is in hospital and there has been a marked deterioration in her mum.

Thank you @Margi29 for letting us know no need for her to post. All she needs to know is we are holding her hand very tight, in between the squishy hugs xxx

carolynp

Mar 4, 2018
Hi all

Thank you so much for letting us know. It means a lot to be able to send our thoughts to her.