Can I ... Should I?

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sam, get some sleep and don't worry about us. We are happy to hear from you (thank you for the update) but don't feel you have to post here. We will be here when you are ready for us!

I'm sorry. This is so hard. Sending you masses of squishy ((((hugs)))).

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Please rest while your mums away, treat it as time for you. She's got plenty of people to keep an eye on her.
Going everyday is so wearing, even a healthy person after a while succumbs to fatigue :(

You've been on my mind most of the day, and your lovely mum. I was lucky to meet such lovely ladies, our little jaunt in Blackpool put faces to names. Mostly I feel so sad at your mums quick deterioration, last year to this, what a difference !!!

Keep safe lovely lady x

It is quite moving that lots of people, who have never met take their time to ask, sending best wishes etc... good hearted people x

Toony Oony

Jun 21, 2016
From another self-confessed lurker -

Poor you and poor Mum. My love to you both.

Use this time to recharge your batteries a bit, if you can.

Meanwhile, I thought this may make you smile .....

upload_2018-6-21_20-33-14.png

XX

Norfolk Cherry

Feb 17, 2018
So very sorry to hear about your mum Sam. I always enjoy your posts so much, and I can see you are struggling with it all right now. I hope you are taking all the wise advice on here and getting a bit of rest whilst she is in hospital if it is at all possible. You are an amazing daughter to her after everything, I know. You take care now.

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
Hope you're fast asleep right now Sam and wake up to see the posts in the morning and only reply when you've had your coffee, more rest, some more coffee....:)...and then only if you feel like it!
You've had such an awful time - and your poor Mum. You both need to sleep and she's safe so you can recover your strength and your sanity after the hospital horror.
I sometimes think we have PTSD after A&E.

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
Hope you're fast asleep right now Sam and wake up to see the posts in the morning and only reply when you've had your coffee, more rest, some more coffee....:)...and then only if you feel like it!
You've had such an awful time - and your poor Mum. You both need to sleep and she's safe so you can recover your strength and your sanity after the hospital horror.
I sometimes think we have PTSD after A&E.
I agree Prudence9 I definitely felt traumatised after each emergency visit to a and e with dad. Thoughts are with everyone on TP who still has to endure this rocky rollercoaster mentally and physically draining challenge of an illness.

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sam, I am glad you have decided to give yourself permission to get some rest, rather than trying to be with your mum all the time. She has a lot of people to care for her, you need to rest as much as you can. Sending more (((hugs))) to use whenever they are needed xx

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Good morning Sam
I hope you managed to get some sleep , although Im aware that worry might keep you awake.
I dont really know what to say, so Im sending you some (((((hugs)))))
We all understand if you dont feel like replying
xx

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @jugglingmum

After reading about your juggling evening I think I’ll go get some more rest. How do you do it all? I hope he loves his presents & enjoyed fencing.

I cheated. Ordered a curry. Ate in front of the TV & then slept. Got up & staggered off to bed at 10.30. I woke a couple of times, but basically got 9 hours sleep. Can’t remember the last time I got more than 6. So feeling a bit muggy with so much sleep, but I’m sure it will have done me good.

First load of washing on. That’s the stuff from the bathroom, so may need a second go. At least 2 more loads to clear it all & then her carpet. I’m getting the yukki stuff done while I’m still half asleep lol

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Hi @love.dad.but..

It was just horrid holding Mum down, I was trying to stop her brabbing her bad arm, holding her legs to stop her kicking & she was shouting with pain. It really seemed like the pain relief just hadn’t worked. I feel like I want to grab some researcher & beg them to look into it. I mean, if enough meds to knock out an eleohisnt don’t touch an Alzheimers patient, can we be sure normal pain meds work? If paracetamol send them off into la la land & oral morph acts like a drink of water, maybe the receptors don’t react the same. Oh boy, that’s a horrid thought.

I staggered pooch round the block, ate a takeaway (delivery is just the best invention) & collapsed. CM barely got a look :eek:

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @2jays

I am going today, she’s on an assessment ward, so should be moved to another more appropriate ward today, unless they can transfer her to our local (rubbish) hospital or local rehab (brilliant) unit. So I want to talk to the staff who will be caring for her. More blooming Alzheimers training needed. The Trust have signed up to Johns Law, but the staff were blissfully unaware last time she was in. I’m not sure I can muster the energy to fight, but I think we all know I’ll be guns blazing if needed.

I’m only going for a MAX of 2 hours today. Brother is coming. Yay. I wanted to share my pain, so I phoned him at 05.30 yesterday morning o_O Why should he sleep :p

I feel wrapped in love today. Thank you :)

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Amy in the US

I’ve slept. I’ve coffee’d & I’ve pressed the buttons on the wash. That’s my exercise for the moment. This is the hardest thing I've done, it’s more stressful than exams & more tiring that a crying baby at 3 in the morning.

Much as I want to sit & look at the beautiful blue sky, I’m going to get my trainers on & hike pooch round the block. Boy is he P’d at me. I let those men take his mum off in a big yellow van, in the back too. He is grumpy with me.

Maybe a little chat with his friends will help. Although last time he just pulled like crazy to get home to see if Mum was back :(

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Sam, I'm glad you managed to get some sleep :) Doing the yukky stuff before you are properly awake is a good plan, as is taking Pooch for a saunter.

Even better is the plan to spend just 2 hours at the hozzy with your mum. You would never have wished this on her but it has happened and you need to take the chance to rest when you can (((hugs))).

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Oh coffee, how much do I love you ... let me count the ways :p

As you might gather, I’ve lost the plot, but found it in a screaming double mug of nectar :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Morning @Margi29

I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep my promise not to visit every day. I’ve just spoken to the hospital & they said she was quite porely in the night & they are keeping a close eye on her :( That doesn’t sound good. They’ve also moved her to the Acute Medicare Unit, which sounds worse. I’m picking up brother at 13.30 to go see her & possibly find out more.

She’s aged so much in the last 12 months, I doubt you wouId see the same person you met in Blackpool. Yesterday she looked like a mugging victim, massive purple eye, bruised cheek & neck. I think I’d be investigated if she hadn’t fallen twice with the paramedic. She looks like she’s done a round with Tyson :(

I was really touched to get so many messages, I’m sorry I haven’t mentioned everyone by name, but please know, I’ve read each one & every thought helped