Can I ... Should I?

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Margi, I would have been inclined to tell Bro to help rather than standing there 'with his thumb up his **m and his brain in neutral' as my manager used to say!
I'm still looking for the brother I know must be somewhere in uk, who was swapped at birth, and we got left with this specimen :eek::D

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
She has messed with the dial now so much that's the fridge is warm !!! All food has gone off , scream scream :eek:
But in comparison to one of my oldest lovely friend who has just found out her daughter of thirty two has leukaemia, all my problems with mum are nothing x
Sellotape it in position, ours used to get shifted accidentally but a strip of sticky fixed it

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Sellotape it in position, ours used to get shifted accidentally but a strip of sticky fixed it
You have to use a knife to turn the tiny dial, she has turned and turned the dial til it is totally defunct. At moment having to judge how cold fridge is, I'm down at mums on Sunday, will try and judge where dial should be, then cello tape up, thank you.

Or failing that Margi gets her fingers taped up, to stop poking in things she shouldn't :D

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
She has messed with the dial now so much that's the fridge is warm !!! All food has gone off , scream scream :eek:
But in comparison to one of my oldest lovely friend who has just found out her daughter of thirty two has leukaemia, all my problems with mum are nothing x
If I could get him a badge saying ' I'm a big brave super hero ' I would :D

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
The amount of money you are paying for their service :eek: you would think after all this time someone would have mastered your requirements !!! If she was sensitive to you saying ' bliddy ' good job she didn't catch you on a really bad day :rolleyes:

I don’t know what you mean :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
That’s just awful @Margi29 fingers crossed she responds well to treatment
Thank you, I've known her since she was a baby. First of all, got told by my sister, I was so shocked, I really didn't believe it. ( my sister friend of grandmother) I was convinced grandmother must have got it wrong and maybe memory problem ?? My friend rang me today, she's in bits , her daughter has 4 young children. Me and oh used to babysit for this girl, we have been close for over thirty years. You just never know what life is going to throw at anyone x

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Margi, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter :( and really hope that she responds well to treatment (((hugs))) The fact that someone else is suffering doesn't actually make you day any easier though!

Sam, are there any other care agencies in your town? In your position, I think I would certainly be looking around at the alternatives! As you say, they are supposed to be making life a little less stressful for you and they seem to be doing the opposite :mad:

My son is coming down for a few hours today, in honour of Fathers' Day, and we are going to meet up with some of OH's family at the riverside pub. True to form, son has already phoned to say he missed the train he was supposed to be taking, so will be a bit later arriving . . .

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Margi, I am so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter :( and really hope that she responds well to treatment (((hugs))) The fact that someone else is suffering doesn't actually make you day any easier though!

Sam, are there any other care agencies in your town? In your position, I think I would certainly be looking around at the alternatives! As you say, they are supposed to be making life a little less stressful for you and they seem to be doing the opposite :mad:

My son is coming down for a few hours today, in honour of Fathers' Day, and we are going to meet up with some of OH's family at the riverside pub. True to form, son has already phoned to say he missed the train he was supposed to be taking, so will be a bit later arriving . . .
Hope you have had a lovely day and your son managed to join you :)

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Morning all,

Yes, we had a nice day yesterday although son was here for only a few hours. We spent around 3 hours with OH's family and then went for an early dinner before taking son back to train station.

Hoping that everyone has a good day, despite the cooler weather (well, it is certainly cooler here than it was last week!).

Sam Luvit

Oct 19, 2016
East Sussex
Sorry. I’m just mega tired & trying to get things done. This means I mop floors & do washing, then collapse & although I don’t sleep, I’m unable to manage anything, not even reading. I’ve started watching TV or a DVD & missed 3 or 5 minutes every 20 minutes as a cat nap. No idea why, just want to sleep

Everything feels like an effort. Maybe it’s the holiday blues ... I was going on a last minute break ... which got cancelled at the last minute :-(

Hope everyone else is doing better :)

Amy in the US

Feb 28, 2015
USA
Sam, sorry to hear you are so tired and wrung out. I do think the constant and unrelenting stress, responsibility, and pressures of dealing with dementia (and other health issues, and carers, and so on!) can wear us down. Sending (((hugs))) since I can't send you a nap!

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Sorry. I’m just mega tired & trying to get things done. This means I mop floors & do washing, then collapse & although I don’t sleep, I’m unable to manage anything, not even reading. I’ve started watching TV or a DVD & missed 3 or 5 minutes every 20 minutes as a cat nap. No idea why, just want to sleep

Everything feels like an effort. Maybe it’s the holiday blues ... I was going on a last minute break ... which got cancelled at the last minute :-(

Hope everyone else is doing better :)
Sometimes it can be hormones that make you extra tired certain times ??? Sending hugs x

Gutted for you, that the break has been cancelled :(

Margi29

Oct 31, 2016
Yorkshire
Went to mums, armed with a fish in a tea cake.

Mum : I've been babysitting for youngest great grandson, he's so good, he just sits on that chair :eek:

The real truth is my daughter would never in a million years leave her 17 month old son with mum, we are thinking of getting mum a gold fish :rolleyes: