So bizarre !

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning everyone ,

Hi MrsBusy and Angelface - thanks for your suggestions guys :) OK - complicated! Initially the local chemist did Mils regular meds and blister packs - but after a lot (and I mean a LOT) of errors and them frequenly using the excuse of Mil taking 'so many' tablets as being the reason for the mistakes, I switched to a local branch of a very big, well know chemist chain. Only there is no pharmacist in residence at the local branch so Mils meds come via a larger branch where there is a pharmacist. The larger branch is situated in a big shopping centre, where there are problems with parking in a large multi storey, which is not only horrendously expensive, but which I can't use if I have Mil with me. They 'can't' I've discovered, do one off emergency scripts and get them sent to my local branch, in less than 24 hours, and nor can they deliver emergency scripts on the same day - if I happen to have Mil at home, and I am solo with her, I guenuinely cannot collect from the bigger branch. So I use the local chemist for one off scripts, like the dressings. I did phone, before going to collect them, and the surgery assured me that the script had been put into the local chemist the previous afternoon as arranged and it was ready for collection. It was only when I got there, I discovered that there had been a mistake :( As for delivery - yep, the bigger branch can deliver, but they can't be flexible on repeat prescriptions, it seems - I have to guarantee that I will be in for a whole morning or afternoon on the same day every 4 weeks. And I can't guarantee that, because of things like hospital appointments for Mil or other unavoidable events that might happen. So its easier for me to collect, as I pass the local branch of her regular chemist on my way to collect Mil from day care and its right by 2 supermarkets that I use a lot anyway.

A kick in the guts is that after switching chemists and the first several months being issue free, since Mils big medication change 4 months ago, her new chemists have never yet managed to provide the blister packs either on time or mistake free :(

The 'mini-show' was fab - a real tonic :D The kids did 'Bugsy Malone' - and it was so funny! The kids had a ball - especially with the custard pie fight that ended the show :D

Mil was very - er - I think demanding is possibly the best word to describe her, yesterday :( Again, she had removed the dressing during the night - and 3 of the steri strips too. And she wanted me not to put a new dressing on because then she can't 'get to it when it itches' :rolleyes: Downstairs, she wanted egg on toast, followed by porridge, followed by toast and jam for her brekkie - she wasn't happy when I reminded her that she has to watch her diet, but settled for porridge and toast in the end. Washing and dressing was simply a game of 'lets see how many ways I can be uncopoerative with Ann' - so Slugsta, you weren't the only one who ended up getting cross, hun x, Point blank refusal on tights again, and I even had a job persuading her to wear the pop socks under her trousers. I was glad to leave her to OH when I went off to see the show (bonus, being their 'unofficial photographer' for events like that - I get to go early so I can set up in the best place to get the shots for them :D). Back home after the show, a quick lunch, off to see Mils mate. She was so confused and rambling - another friend called in to see her while she was there and Mil constantly called her by the wrong name and tried to talk about a whole list of events and memories she was convinced she shared with this lady - none of which were based in any fact or actual reality. It was unbelievably sad as this poor woman sat there, with not a clue on how to respond and clearly distressed by the change in Mil (who she hasn't seen for about 18 months).

When it came time for home, Mil suddenly became convinced that she had left a sum of money hidden in her old house (which is on the same street as her friends house) and started demanding that either we give her her key back, or that her friend give her the spare key she used to hold for her, so she could go in and get 'her' money. Very peculiar, because she knew that she had sold the house on one level - but simply couldn't grasp that it meant that she couldn't still go in there when she wanted. She thought, I'm sure, that we were lying about no longer having keys.

Back home, got tea sorted, and we settled for a hopefully peaceful evening. Not a chance. ET landed and between that and demands for this and that every few minutes from just before 7, it was a long evening. I ended up really hacked off and cross with her. It was a relief to finally be able to give her her meds and get her to bed.

OH in for 12 hours today and tomorrow, so expecting a tough couple of days - just concerntrating on looking forward to next weekend to get me through :D

Hope you all have a good day xxxx

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Morning Ann,
Does the gp surgery not have a pharmacy you can use? We live just over a mile from surgery ( actually in the local town, not in our village) and all meds come from there. Mistakes can be quickly sorted. Though I noticed a guy there querying a mistake on his prescription and hence his meds. It was sorted, but he had to go back to his chosen chemist ( there are two in town) to actually get the meds. Talk about long winded! Nevertheless, it might be worth asking, stressing the difficulties you have.

Hope you have an easier day today and am glad the show went well. I went to meet a friend, newly returned from her cruise ( her OH is in same care home that my OH was in). The last time the 4 of us met up, earlier this year, my OH was asking me if M ( her OH) had seen the memory clinic cos OH was convinced that memory clinic could help M! M was diagnosed several years before OH. The difference is M likes it in care home and OH hated it. OH was also 10 years older.
I met with another friend in Waitrose, she looked really ill. Her OH died a year ago, also dementia, but I am concerned about her well being. Will try and go and see her this week sometime.

Meanwhile, I am feeling much better today! No reason why, but thinking about it, Sundays and Mondays have always been good, whatever my head is doing on other days (spinning and nauseous). I've got a virus that can tell the day of the week!! Not dementia, then!!!

Have a good day, everyone!

Last edited:

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
How about trying out the pharmacy in the supermarket if they have one? No parking fees and maybe they would get their act together better than your current one?

If the current one is the company similar to Shoes, I think I'd make a complaint about their service to the powers that be. You can't be the only one that has these hassles and just think how many people live on their own and just take what's given by the pharmacy even though they could be the wrong tablets! Using the excuse of she takes too many tablets is disgusting, no you're useless ! You don't need extra hassle and if it's a regular client they should be more helpful not less.

I know in England prescriptions are going to be issued over the Internet soon to the pharmacy and we are being asked to nominate chemists to help set it up, which means as you don't get the paper prescription in your hand you aren't going to find out mistakes beforehand once this happens. So really you need some faith in the chemist you use.

Glad the Bugst Malone went well, sorry the rest of the day not so good. Here's hoping for a better one.

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Hi Ann been 'twagging' it for a few days to try to sort out the home base. Pleased that you have next weekend to look forward to. I have to wait a week longer before my day in London. Hope the solid foundations that we now have in place hold up. Everything comes to he who doesn't just sit around and wait. Time will tell!!

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
Hi all, I do hope the weekend has gone well for everyone.

Spamar, I am very glad that you have been feeling better. How strange that you seem to be better at weekends, do you think there is anything different about those days to account for it?

GL, my fingers are firmly crossed for your day away.

Ann, it's good to hear that you enjoyed the mini-show and that the kids had fun performing. How lovely that your status as photographer gives you some extra time too. I'm sorry that MIL has been so contrary again - although that does seem to be her default setting at the moment :( I bet next weekend can't come quickly enough!

Hubs and I went to watch the greyhound racing this evening with some friends from the aquagym sessions. It was a nice, sociable evening - although I do worry about the fate of the dogs afterwards. I have a friend who currently has 3 retired greyhounds...

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Morning all,

Between the 'all nighter' when Mil went to A&E, and the clocks going back, my sleep pattern is all over the place at the moment, lol! Couldn't keep my eyes open after 9.30 last night, awake from midnight till 2-ish - and wide awake again at 4.30. Think I'm going to try some natural remedy's and see if I can't manage to get into a better routine!

Morning Spamar - yep, the chemist attached to the surgery was the chemist I used initially and they were the ones who blamed mistakes on Mil taking 'so many' tablets (not all for dementia, I hasten to add - the poor woman has COPD, Angina, Diabetes, high blood pressure and a host of other minor issues too). I switched to the 'shoe' company as they had a branch reasonably near us and I thought they would be more efficient - to be fair, at first they were.

I'm so glad you are feeling better - as for feeling better at weekends, there have been weeks when I have had an absolute bellyfull of dealing with 'officialdom' for Mil, either by email or phone - the weekend brings a welcome relief from all that, because of course, 'officialdom' doesn't tend to work weekends! I know how bogged down you have been with dealing with that sort of thing since you lost your OH - could it be that knowing that you are unlikely to be bothered at the weekend is one of the reasons that you feel so much better then? xxx

Mrs B, the nearest big branch supermarket to us doesn't have a pharmacy - but for accuracy's sake, I would consider changing anyway, and just driving further!. After last month, when despite three phone calls (to confirm one increase in tablet, then to confirm collection date, then another call the day before to confirm the medication was there) I arrived at the local branch to find only 1 weeks supply of meds and no explanation, I made a formal complaint through the manager - who promised to phone me back. I'm still waiting :(

Grey Lad - fingers crossed for your London trip xxx

You know what, piph - that's not a bad idea about making up the med packs myself! It would take a lot less time than what I'm currently spending on phone calls and wasted trips to the chemist to pick up packs that are either not there or wrong!

Slugsta, I'm with you - I worry about the dogs once they stop being useful as racers - I did a shoot for a local pet shop fun day and met several retired greyhounds from the greyhound rescue charity - such lovely, gentle doggies x

Bad day yesterday - I'm assuming we are still getting the knock on effect of Mil's night in A&E. 'Flapping' (as I call it) from the moment she woke and came downstairs. She was hungry and thirsty and inclined to be tearful about it, so I decided to make her brekkie before getting her washed and dressed. The whole time I was in the kitchen, she was calling through to me - could she have a cuppa? She wanted toast, could she have some? She needed a drink, was I making her one? Could she have some toast with it? She was thirsty, could she have a drink?. Even when she got up from the table, walked to the kitchen arch and could see me doing her eggs and buttering toast, she didn't stop. Once she had eaten, I sat her on the couch in the dining room with another cuppa, while I just finished folding some laundry to take upstairs with us and while youngest was using the bathroom to wash and dress and Mil switched to should she go and get dressed now? Hadn't she better go upstairs and get dressed? She needed to go and get some cothes on, she was going upstairs now. Was it OK if she went and got dressed now?. Over and over I asked her to wait while daughter finished, explained she could get washed and dressed then and I'd barely finish speaking before she would start again on the questions. And this 'flapping' continued throughout the rest of the morning, with her then flapping about having to get ready to go here, there and everywhere - when in reality, no plans had been made to go anywhere.

I found an old John Wayne movie ( she tends to like them) and settled her with that, but though engrossed for the first hour, the pestering/nagging/flapping/whatever you want to call it then started again. But this time it was back to the old 'trick' of me having details and knowledge about stuff that was all just in her head. She wanted the dress that I'd taken off her to hem - - 'I saw you sewing it, Ann, not 20 minutes ago - give it me back NOW!'. She wanted that 'thing' that 'Mary' dropped off for her half an hour ago - 'You know fine well what thing I mean, Ann - give it me back NOW'. Then pulling all the cushions off the sofa to look for the 'thing' I'd asked her to fetch from upstairs and cross because I was 'acting stupid and pretending' that I didn't know what 'thing' she was looking for (believe me, I tried a whole list of suggestions about what the 'thing' might be and not surprisingly, I got it wrong every time :rolleyes: ). I came out of the loo to find her wearing her coat and carrying her bag because she was absolutely adamant that I'd just told her to put them on as we were going to the pictures.

This continued all day, and by about 4-ish, she was getting really frustrated with me. I did try to 'go along' with her, but as what I said was mainly guesses that didn't often tally with what she was thinking, to say my success was limited was a massive understatement. This is always the issue with Mil - I would need to be a mind reader to be able to enter her reality and appease her :( I finally lost patience when she started questioning me about the phone call she said she had just overheard me making (and no, I didn't make one phone call, nor had I received any, all day). 'What did he say?' she wanted to know?. I tried answering 'nothing important', 'nothing for you to worry about' and finally 'Mil, it was a private conversation, love' - at which point she totally blew with me because she suddenly shared the info that this (non-existent) 'phone call' was apparently to her doctor and about her! How the hell was I suposed to have guessed that and answered appropriately? As it was, with me having already (in her eyes) refusing to tell her what HER doctor had said about HER, she was furious and I got an absolute mouthful of abuse which culminated in me telling her 'enough' and ordering her upstairs.

Half an hour later, back down and she seemed calmer. I was in the kitchen putting the final touches to tea when she came through from the lounge and wanted to know could she use the phone to call 'home'?. I asked did she have the number - no, but she knew I did because I'd dialled it for her last time! I said I'd lost it. She called me a liar. Said she only wanted to phone her Mum. I asked her to think about what had happened to her Mum, which will often trigger the realisation for her that her Mum has passed away. And sure enough, she said after a minutes thought 'Oh - she died, didn't she?'. I confirmed that yes, her Mum had died and tried to distract with a cuppa. Mil said she would have one in a minute - after she had phoned her Mum. Again asked her to 'think about what happened to your Mum'. Mil said she knew she was dead (said flatly and without any sort of emotional reaction) but that she just wanted to phone her. I asked how could she call her Mum when her Mum had passed away? "Well, its quite simple, Ann - you've got her number - just dial it for me!". On and on she went, 'later', 'after tea', 'I'll have to look for the number when I've finished cooking', nothing worked and I lost patience, finally almost shouting at her 'How can I call your Mum when she is dead?' - For Gods sake Ann, I know she is dead - you don't have to keep on telling me! I just want to ask her if she is OK!. I gave up and told her to go and sit back down, I wasn't discussing any more. Came out of the kitchen to find her sat on the stairs, shoes and coat on, handbag grasped firmly in her hands. She was going home - would I open the door NOW! I'd already given one dose of prn (she can have up to 4) so I simply fetched another dose which she took. As with the first dose, can't say it made any difference. I stuck to 'not discussing' and after 10 minutes told her that tea was ready. She refused to eat. I left her sat on the sofa, still in coat and shoes, whilst daughter and I had our meal. Even with the lounge door shut, could hear the chunnering and sobs and sniffs. After tea we had about an hour of her trawling to the front door and rattling it, interspersed with rude demands to 'open the door' and oddly polite requests to tell her the bus times or phone her a taxi. Third dose of prn given - again, no effect. Then suddenly back to what had the doctor told me when he rang? And if I wouldn't tell her she was going to ring her Mother, so that she could 'sort me out'. Total brain mash at this point, just completely fed up and unable to continue struggling for the mental agility needed to try and answer without upsetting her. I took her bag, made her take her coat off and sent her upstairs. We got nearly an hours peace. Then back down, seeming calm and now agreeing to eat her meal. And as soon as she had finished - "Have you decided when you are letting me phone my dad to take me home, Ann?".

I gave her her meds and put her to bed. It wasn't even 8pm, but I was just done, not prepared to deal with her any more. There comes a point where her not being able to help it stops being a mantra that helps you cope and I had most definitely reached it. Thankfully, she settled.

Have her at home for today, as she has appointment with DN and we have swapped a day at day care to give us Saturday as respite for us to have a day out with oldest for her birthday. Am going to try does of PRN with ehr breakfast meds, to see if I can forestall a repeat of yesterday - maybe if I give it before she starts? Though at day care, they always give her a mid day dose and say it seems to make no difference :( Got to try - think I'll be needing some sort of flipping 'sedative' for myself if I have another day like yesterday!

Hope you guys all have a good day xxxxx

Last edited:

Grey Lad

Sep 12, 2014
North East Lincs
Hope the PRN's work - sounds like you need something to help today. Do you ever try Kalms? They sometimes help me. Managed to stay in bed beyond six this morning. I only hope that this is the start of progress on my apalling sleep pattern. Good luck today. G L

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
Morning all,

think I'll be needing some sort of flipping 'sedative' for myself if I have another day like yesterday!

Oh Ann, what a day - just before I read that last bit you wrote it was in my head that maybe you should take the prn rather than Mil and it will then all just wash over you.... :eek:

Do hope today is turning out quieter, as you say there is a point where the fact that 'it's not her fault' really doesn't make any difference to how you feel, which is battered! Especially hard I think when it is all so personal - "Ann you have this.. , Ann you did that..., Ann will you..."

Do you have another respite week coming up reasonably soon? I do hope so.

Sending calm thoughts your way for a event-less day (other than DN visit) Mil quiet in front of back to back films and you able to rest a little, mentally and physically.

(((hugs)))

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Oh Ann! I feel so sorry for you all. Nothing much more I can say really as you seem to have tried everything to stop MIL from going into a 'loop'. You patience is outstanding.

Love

Lyn T XX

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
OMG, Ann, how do you cope, I think I would have given up long ago! I like Essies idea take the tablets yourself!

I've upgraded my iPad, so now have lots and lots of emoticons! You have all been warned!

Just been to have my hair cut. Not very short, but short! Feel a bit odd, but it's only back to what it used to be. I've already been told it makes me look younger, or maybe it's the haggard look that disappearing.
Also Probate has come back. Yet another step on the road!

Have a good day, folks

Grace L

Jun 14, 2014
NW UK
Oh Ann, I'm sorry MiL gave you a difficult weekend, on top of her trip to the Hospital.

My MiL catch up....
SS have been in touch with her (letter), having tried to call (phone) several times, and not getting a reply.
They want to arrange a visit for 'assessment' , but she's having none of it...
I got the blame (of course !) , and she yelled 'she will never forgive me, for this' ..
I said .... I don't know what you are talking about (the letter) ... which is when I found out about it.

MiL had a rare visit from one of her sons, and they were talking about Christmas.
MiL somehow got hold of the wrong end of the stick, and now believes she is invited to her sons for the Christmas Break.
Son tried to correct her, back-track, but MiL fixed on going. REALLY fixed on going.
Son says he thinks she will forget about it by then.... I said too late , she coming .
My niece has written it on MiL/Granny's calendar to remind her :)

MiL still driving .... but I'm hoping she will have an assessment soon....

I'm a bit miffed....
After she left me the last time, I found I was 'missing' 6 teaspoons (all of them in the draw/tray).
The other teaspoons were in the dishwasher, or I'm sure she would have taken them as well...
AND .... :mad: She has taken a brand new pair of jeans that I had washed and were in the dryer !!:mad:

I don't even remember her going in the utility... or hearing the dryer 'click open'.
A few weeks ago, she did tell me several times she does not want to see me wearing jeans again....
MiL will not have known they were new, and never been worn....

Day later, I was having a good clean of the kitchen draws, emptying them....
and 'found' 4 hot water bottle stoppers that are not mine !!
No idea when they were put it the draw, at the back, under a load of food recycling bags.

Had a phone call from the Hospital reminding me of my scan later next week...
Followed by a day later a letter from 'Hospital Admissions' asking me to call.

Letter says .... we know you have been waiting a long time, and to call....
I call expecting to be given a day, for surgery only to be told they were asking people IF they still wanted to wait ... or was I going 'Private' like other patients had chosen to !!

Wellllll..... at least I know I will not have my Knee Op before Christmas then

I'm sure I've got other things to tell you MIL and my adventures...

RedLou

Jul 30, 2014
Grace - if she never 'forgives' you, then maybe she will stop visiting and swiping your stuff! Every cloud and all that…

Spamar - glad the probate is through and that you are getting a chance to look after yourself. Visits to the hairdressers etc. are some of the first things to go when you're a carer.

Ann - on the subject of MiL and this quote
Do hope today is turning out quieter, as you say there is a point where the fact that 'it's not her fault' really doesn't make any difference to how you feel, which is battered! Especially hard I think when it is all so personal - "Ann you have this.. , Ann you did that..., Ann will you..."
I think the trouble is 'It's not her fault' doesn't work because there is so little of 'her' left. What you're dealing with is Madame Dementia - a completely separate personality. Did you ever see the film Sybil? Dealing with completely different characters who take over the same body strikes me as a mode of thinking about this illness.

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
MiL had a rare visit from one of her sons, and they were talking about Christmas.
MiL somehow got hold of the wrong end of the stick, and now believes she is invited to her sons for the Christmas Break.
Son tried to correct her, back-track, but MiL fixed on going. REALLY fixed on going.
Son says he thinks she will forget about it by then.... I said too late , she coming .
My niece has written it on MiL/Granny's calendar to remind her :)

Hahaha....:D Oh Grace, whilst the rest of what you've written isn't so good that bit really did make me laugh - it's about time on of your Mil's actual children got a taste of reality.

Sounds like you're going to have to invest in a few more door wedges and keep Mil in just one room whilst she visits if you don't want to lose more stuff - I seem to remember she emptied your entire wardrobe into black bags a while back and door wedges came to the rescue.

So sorry that your knee op still hasn't been booked, is there a contact number you can keep ringing to chase them up on a date early in the New Year, make a nuisance of yourself?

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Gl and Essie - its come very close today, to me swallowing the prns - would be quite nice to be out of it for a while!

Thanks Lynn - its progressed from 'loop' to 'loop de flaming loop' today, I think!

Sounds like the new haircut has given you a lift Spamar :D Glad probate is back - is that it all sorted now, hun?

Grace, I just couldn't be doing with someone taking things of mine like that - I think your the one with the patience of a saint! I am chortling away at your niece writing your Mils 'Christmas plans' on the calendar - brilliant :D Hope you hear about the knee op soon xxxx

You know Red, I've often thought that the idea of demonic possession was possibly fueled by poor souls with dementia :( As you say, a totally different person now :(

DN visit went better than I had hoped - different nurse, seemed more 'with it' as regards dementia, than the last one. Explained that Mil had removed her dressing again yesterday, and that some more steri strips had come off with it. She said that it was bound to happen, as the adhesive edges of the dressing were touching some of the strips - she replaced with a much bigger dressing, and gave me 3 spare. Bad news is that I have to take Mil back again on Thursday - and nope, they can't do a visit at day care because it's a different area, not under our surgeries remit :( Got an early appointment and taking her straight to day care afterwards!

Absolutely off her trolley today. So cross with me first thing because she was adamant that my 'other dog, the black and white one with the bad leg' who was here 'just a moment ago' had suddenly disappeared . That discussion led to me being branded a liar and accused of 'doing something' to the dog - the dog that doesn't exist, that is :(

At the surgery, she looked for the little one, demanding to know loudly had I 'left that poor babby in the car by herself?'. She also - on and off all day - has gone on and on about when we were in London last week and whereabouts in London was the Lidle that gave us all that free food? Back home, I found a 'Christmas Movie' channel - Xmas film after Xmas film, not one I've ever heard of before and all pretty dire and so twee - but she loves it, so I've let it play. She's asked - it feels like every few minutes - about a variety of strange events and things (the blue ball she bought for the cat that came down the chimney? Did I ever get the basket back from that man with the red bike? Where was the woman that does the cleaning - Mil thought she might have hidden her ciggies :( )

About an hour after I'd done her some lunch, I started to doze off on the sofa - but was quickly wide awake when I heard Mil getting up from her seat. She was going to the kitchen to make herself a cuppa, she told me! I reminded her that because she is falling a lot, she mustn't go in the kitchen - she told me she knew I would say that, and that's why she had waited till my eyes had closed! I asked her to sit back down and in a right strop she turned - then overbalanced and crashed to the floor, landing against the TV unit :( Nice bump on her head and small skin tear on her elbow. She was too far away for me to catch - which I know I shouldn't do anyway. I couldn't lift her either. Took nearly 20 mins to get her on her knees by the couch and coax her to stand from there - she managed, but edge of sofa cover has now had to be scrubbed clean of blood :( Patched her up, got her settled with a glass of water and paracetamol - and then she was really off and running. I'd better get out of the house before her son's wife gets back, apparently. Because her daughter in law - called Ann, it seems - wasn't going to tolerate another woman in her kitchen. So I could just **** off - now, before she catches me! I showed her one of our wedding pictures - where upon she told me that she hated to break bad news, but did I know that her son has been passing another woman off as his wife? A blond (I'm brunette) called Ann? And that they jump into my bed together, whenever I work the night shift? Tried all the usual distractions, but Mil rambled on - and back, within seconds, to the trouble I'd be in when her son's wife comes home. Getting quite abusive and rude, ordering me out of the house. I went and sat in the dining room - I figured if I was at least temporarily out of sight, that particular idea might go out of her head (while I was there, I texted OH and told him his Mum had told me all about his 'fancy woman' and that I thought he was a cheating g*t :D) . Two minutes later, shuffle, shuffle and in Mil came. She wanted her sweeties from the kitchen. The big 'drum' of them she had bought at the shops this morning. With the toffees and fudge and jelly babies and love hearts. I said that I think she must have eaten them already, as there were no sweets in the kitchen. She said she had hidden them and was going to get them. I reminded her she couldn't go in the kitchen. Oooooooh - she knew why that was - it was because I was a thieving, greedy cow who had stolen them all from her. She hoped that I was sick. And being as I had eaten all her sweeties, I could just give her her ciggies as she was going for a smoke instead! When I couldn't hand over 'her ciggies' either, she went into overdrive with the insults, nastiness, tongue pulling and two fingered salutes and we were back to 'Just you wait till Ann gets back - she'll be here any minute and then you'll be in trouble'.

I've sent her to her room - though she argued about going. Her parting shot as she went up the stairs was she couldn't wait till Ann got back - because she was going to watch her scratch my eyes out - and enjoy every minute of it!

Its one of those occasions where its tipped over into farce. Much more of it and I'll be sitting in the corner, alternating the gibbering with hysterical laughter!

Last edited:

Essie

Feb 11, 2015
Oh Ann! Roll on bed time and day care tomorrow - but if all else fails remember the prn's with the new, revised dosage - one for you, one for me......:)

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Oh Ann! Roll on bed time and day care tomorrow - but if all else fails remember the prn's with the new, revised dosage - one for you, one for me......:)

I might just go down that route, Essie :D

She is still in her room - she's come down twice to ask if Ann's back yet? So that delusion is obviously a very stubborn one. She's tried sitting on the stairs, singing 'Lalalalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaa' at the top her voice, and when that hasn't worked she has gone round and tried all the bedroom doors (all locked!). She has stood at the top of the stairs shouting 'help - I'm being murdered' and has now retired to her room - all quiet for the last 10 minutes.

So annoying - youngest went off to Manchester with a bunch of friends for a meet and greet with some teen hero (youtuber) - one of the other girls Mums took them down there this morning, and they have been met and are being escorted back by my oldest, who is coming home for the week. I had hoped to go meet them at the train station, in about 45 minutes, but no way on this planet am I risking going out in the car with Mil in the mood she is in, so they will have to make their own way from town - the girls are fine about it, but have to admit, I'm pretty hacked off :(

Moonflower

Mar 28, 2012
Ann this so miserable for you - and for MiL too. I know there are issues with a lack of available local capacity, but is it time to consider a proper residential assessment stay for MiL so that professionals can tweak her medication and hopefully end this torment? Even if the assessment unit is some distance away.

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Ann this so miserable for you - and for MiL too. I know there are issues with a lack of available local capacity, but is it time to consider a proper residential assessment stay for MiL so that professionals can tweak her medication and hopefully end this torment? Even if the assessment unit is some distance away.

There is only the local asessment unit, Moonflower - which is currently filled long term with patients waiting for permenant placements in EMI nursing homes. Even if I could get Mil a place there, I've have been told very plainly, by a CPN and by a manager from adult social care, that its a dreadful environment and would almost certainly impact very badly on Mil, making her even worse. 'It is absolutely not a therapeutic environment for anyone' were the words used. Can't and won't put her through that unless I have no choice at all :(

It is miserable - but, a lot of it has to do with the injury and the upset of the 8 hour wait in A&E. Mainly now to do with the injury, I think, as its obviously causing her some discomfort and its affecting her behaviour. Got fingers crossed now that the arrival of oldest will help improve her mood - she doesn't always know that its her granddaughter, but she never fails to comment on what a lovely girl Oldest is and she really enjoys her company. :)

Ann Mac

Oct 17, 2013
Just gone out into the back garden, guess what I saw - and what was it we said about the full moon?

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpgrs.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpgrs.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 470

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
Just found a comment for my haircut !

You inspired me Ann, to go look at the moon. Unfortunately, my pix are nothing like yours!