Free leaflet in every GP Practice listing Free benefits and services available throughout the UK with no means test and no formal dementia diagnosis

Browny10

Dec 20, 2019
All 7,946 GP Practices throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have now had a pack of 20 leaflets delivered to hand out to people with dementia, their friends and families. The leaflet explains how everyone with dementia can obtain Attendance Allowance of either £72.65 or £108.55 per week, 25% Council Tax Discount or 100% Exemption, Blue Parking Badge, Radar Key for Disabled Toilets, Free Library Books, Free Continence Service, Showering advice, VAT Relief, Council Tax Band Reduction, Dental Service, Registering Lasting Power of Attorney.

Browny10

Dec 20, 2019
Poster 2024.jpg

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
20 leaflets per practice, don't get me wrong but 20 leaflets per GP practice and who hands them our, reception, GP, practice nurses.
Great idea don't get me wrong, but 20 leaflets, well it would barely cover the road I live on and know the neighbours. K

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Well done Izzy, the online link you posted is to a really useful resource, it answers a whole lot of questions that are asked on here so often.
Thank you. K

Browny10

Dec 20, 2019
20 leaflets per practice, don't get me wrong but 20 leaflets per GP practice and who hands them our, reception, GP, practice nurses.
Great idea don't get me wrong, but 20 leaflets, well it would barely cover the road I live on and know the neighbours. K

Browny10

Dec 20, 2019
Hi Kevini. The covering letter to the GP Practices invites, Frailty Nurses, Care Co-ordinators and Social Prescribers to hand out the leaflets. With around 600,000 people with Dementia living at home I have sent out 160,000 leaflets to the 8,000 GP practices. Yes it is only 25% but that is the initial mailing and the letter also invites requests for more leaflet which have been for a further 3,000 so far.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
@Browny10
Why not put pdf online and post the URL so members can print of copies to distribute.
I made a pdf, it was 2.71 Mb and too large to put on free hosting sites, I don't want o expose my personal site.

tonebear

Jun 7, 2023
dorset
All 7,946 GP Practices throughout England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have now had a pack of 20 leaflets delivered to hand out to people with dementia, their friends and families. The leaflet explains how everyone with dementia can obtain Attendance Allowance of either £72.65 or £108.55 per week, 25% Council Tax Discount or 100% Exemption, Blue Parking Badge, Radar Key for Disabled Toilets, Free Library Books, Free Continence Service, Showering advice, VAT Relief, Council Tax Band Reduction, Dental Service, Registering Lasting Power of Attorney.
thanks will look.

Anthoula

Apr 22, 2022
Information is good but it is still a money saving exercise. It`s much cheaper to print thousands of leaflets and ensure carers remain unpaid and will continue working 168 hours a week!

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’ve emailed this contact address to see if it is available online and if not could they put it online so it could be printed.

contact@dementiaguidance.co.uk

If I get a response I’ll add it here. There may be a delay in me posting as I go on holiday tomorrow!

Baker17

Mar 9, 2016
@Browny10 it would be good if it could be sent out to memory clinics as well because at ours we give families a welcome pack and we could include it ours.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I’ve emailed this contact address to see if it is available online and if not could they put it online so it could be printed.

contact@dementiaguidance.co.uk

If I get a response I’ll add it here. There may be a delay in me posting as I go on holiday tomorrow!

I’ve had a response and they sent me a copy of the leaflet in PDF form. Now this is where my technical skills may let me down! I hope this attachment works. If not I’ll try again!

Edit - it seems to have attached - question - will it open!?

Attachments

• Dementia A4 Leaflet-66.pdf
    370.5 KB · Views: 50

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Works for me.
The one I produced was 271MB, too big to attach, your attachment is only 370.5KB