advice please

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
today has been a bad day. hes been a bit lost but i thought i had sorted it out. i was called a mouth which really helped me feel better. he has been clattering in the kitchen while i was upstairs. my bedroom is directly above the kitchen. i have an hour so i can rest, have a break and he can watch rubbish tv[ minder and professionals]. the kitchen looked like a bomb had landed so i cleared that up after giving him his shower.
asking him to shave as the shed tomorrow ignited more anger.
this was all before i took my painkillers. ive also got an additional insulin and blood check to do at the same time and dinner.
ive done everything today and yesterday so my time has been limited.
i had tears and just felt like im drowning. just a bad day. tomorrow i get 2 1/2hrs respite so loopking forward to it and blasting some music out, my safety valve.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
today has been a bad day. hes been a bit lost but i thought i had sorted it out. i was called a mouth which really helped me feel better. he has been clattering in the kitchen while i was upstairs. my bedroom is directly above the kitchen. i have an hour so i can rest, have a break and he can watch rubbish tv[ minder and professionals]. the kitchen looked like a bomb had landed so i cleared that up after giving him his shower.
asking him to shave as the shed tomorrow ignited more anger.
this was all before i took my painkillers. ive also got an additional insulin and blood check to do at the same time and dinner.
ive done everything today and yesterday so my time has been limited.
i had tears and just felt like im drowning. just a bad day. tomorrow i get 2 1/2hrs respite so loopking forward to it and blasting some music out, my safety valve.
Oh my @jennifer1967 that sounds like a right proper bad'un of a day :( Mum would frequently call me names at the outset with her fave insult being 'you're a nothing' or coming up to my face stating loudly 'it's always do this, do that'. Juggling everything besides, in-between and looking after yourself too can really bump up those stress levels so you have my every sympathy on that score; hope today was a little bit better? Heavy metal works for me ;)

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Oh my @jennifer1967 that sounds like a right proper bad'un of a day :( Mum would frequently call me names at the outset with her fave insult being 'you're a nothing' or coming up to my face stating loudly 'it's always do this, do that'. Juggling everything besides, in-between and looking after yourself too can really bump up those stress levels so you have my every sympathy on that score; hope today was a little bit better? Heavy metal works for me ;)
hes been to the shed so ive had a break. when i tell him he sort of gets himself out of it. even admitted to my son he was nasty yesterday.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
i need some advice, i think ive read about slips like ladies sanitary towels for men that they just slip in the front just for drbbles and that sort of thing. he goes to men shed they had closed the toilets in the church they use. by the time he got to a toilet, hed had an accident. he got home and i had to change him. ordinarily hes usually very good but if he leaves it too long, he doesnt always get it out quickly enough and will dribble. ive suggested these pads in the front which he is willing to give it a go as he really rather not wet himself.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
i need some advice, i think ive read about slips like ladies sanitary towels for men that they just slip in the front just for drbbles and that sort of thing. he goes to men shed they had closed the toilets in the church they use. by the time he got to a toilet, hed had an accident. he got home and i had to change him. ordinarily hes usually very good but if he leaves it too long, he doesnt always get it out quickly enough and will dribble. ive suggested these pads in the front which he is willing to give it a go as he really rather not wet himself.
Hope you're both okay.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
ordered the shields that were suppose to be delivered saturday. i found them this morning in the bottom of the recycling bin. apparently thats my safe place but they forgot to tell me. anyway he went to the shed and had another accident. it could have been easier if they told me. ive got them now for thursday. people dont know what they cause by a single action

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
ordered the shields that were suppose to be delivered saturday. i found them this morning in the bottom of the recycling bin. apparently thats my safe place but they forgot to tell me. anyway he went to the shed and had another accident. it could have been easier if they told me. ive got them now for thursday. people dont know what they cause by a single action
Hi @jennifer1967 , just seen this post. I tried slips inside my OH underwear when he had a daytime
accident. The difficulty my oh had was that if he managed to get to the loo on time he dislodged the slip so that if he had an accident later in the day it wasn't in the right place to do a good job.
We found pull ups better but only if OH remembered to tuck himself back inside! I'm still trying to persuade him to pull his trousers and pull up down so he is properly covered when he pulls them back up but retraining a life times habit is proving difficult.
Good luck my OH was upset and willing to wear his 'safety pants'

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Hi @jennifer1967 , just seen this post. I tried slips inside my OH underwear when he had a daytime
accident. The difficulty my oh had was that if he managed to get to the loo on time he dislodged the slip so that if he had an accident later in the day it wasn't in the right place to do a good job.
We found pull ups better but only if OH remembered to tuck himself back inside! I'm still trying to persuade him to pull his trousers and pull up down so he is properly covered when he pulls them back up but retraining a life times habit is proving difficult.
Good luck my OH was upset and willing to wear his 'safety pants'
its only for the 2 mornings hes at mens shed as they dont have a toilet on monday as church is shut. he then waits too long. im trying these first as its his first experience, and have to start some where. its only a small pack to see how he does with them. baby steps, if they dont work, we can think again.

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
Took me a while to get this one right with mum, trial and error really taking on board mum's consent, choice and level of comfort. Pull-ups are better but the 'tucking in' for chaps doesn't enter the equation for ladies, were also more acceptable as I referred to them as women's nick-nacks not pants or pads. Mum doesn't like being damp/wet either so I understand your husband's frustration as it can have a real impact if not acted upon swiftly.

Didn't know about the tooth situation, worst pain in the world! Fingers crossed 🤞 you get sorted ASAP.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Took me a while to get this one right with mum, trial and error really taking on board mum's consent, choice and level of comfort. Pull-ups are better but the 'tucking in' for chaps doesn't enter the equation for ladies, were also more acceptable as I referred to them as women's nick-nacks not pants or pads. Mum doesn't like being damp/wet either so I understand your husband's frustration as it can have a real impact if not acted upon swiftly.

Didn't know about the tooth situation, worst pain in the world! Fingers crossed 🤞 you get sorted ASAP.
i go to the dentist again tomorrow. my son is picking me up and taking me

Eddcorner

Aug 27, 2020
i go to the dentist again tomorrow. my son is picking me up and taking me
Braver than me Gunga Din! Not been in decades but I've been mostly fortunate in that department... phew! Glad your son is helping you out, I think I'd do a Damien from 'The Omen' (church scene) if I approached a building with the word dentist on the outside by myself 😱