would you believe------

chana

Jul 17, 2012
europe
this year was the worst year of my life--losing my mom almost 7 months ago. my dad is gone 18 years from cancer. i have no family left---i have my husband and children and thats a lot, but those are differnet kinds of relationships. they re all impt in their own way.--very impt. my husband and children got me thru my moms death. they were great. now my son is engaged. i finally got some good news--i thought things will be better now. im recuperating from eye surgery, but im still so happy for my son. he found a great girl. shes like a daughter already to me.i truly love her.wouldnt you know--yesterday i had to have my hair done. i cant get any water into my eyes yet, but i was going anyway. i had a good time. i was finally laughing again . but it all was ruined. when i came home i was trying to put the key in the lock of my door and i was attacked. im a small lady and slender. thius man was husky and over 6 feet. he had on leather shoes thast were so heavy and he wouldnt let me go into my house.he picked up his foot to kick me. my eye has an artificial lens. i have a card in my wallet if im ever in an accident.there was no one around and i startede to scream. no one came. maybe god was finally there in some small way because i moved back so slightly.i could have lost my eye. from my moms loss i developed 2 bleeding ulcers. i had 1 hemmorage already. what could have happened was so horrendous.somehow i got away from him and came into my house and called the police. they were nice. i want to press assault charges, but they said i couldnt bacause i moved away in time before he hit me. they went to his house. they wanted to know if ill accept an apology,. i told them i just want to be left alone. that was the final straw. when my husband came home i couldnt stop crying.nothing like this has ever happened to me before.im not naive enough to know it never happens--it just never happened to me. i wass so angry. like i cant say. i dont know why it happened. its a crazy world out there. i had so much this year and when i finally had a nice time --this happened.i was so angry when i told the police---MY HUSBAND TREATS ME WITH THE UTMOST RESPECT. MY CHILDREN TREAT ME WITH RESPECT. I WONT TAKE THIS FROM ANYONE. they agreed, but cant do a thing. i was so upset all day and even today. it just never ends. im very careful now. my son was so upset too., but im here. the thing is---i have an appt with the eye surgeon tues. my eye seems a little more blurred today. maybe im just nervous, but who wouldnt be! if you knew me---im a small lady who is so thin. and then a man like this!

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello chana, what a truly horrific experience for you.
How awful that the police say they can't do anything. He obviously intended to kick you so I cannot understand why this is not assault. I hope you will be ok. Please let us know how you get on with the eye surgeon on Tuesday.

turbo

chana

Jul 17, 2012
europe
turbo

thank you for your support. i agree. it is assault and im not letting it go.i have a card in my wallet that says i have an artificial lens. today my vision seems to be blurrier. im so upset and cant stop crying.my mom always told me im tough. well--i guess now is the time to see.if the lens moved or anything else happened im asking my surgeon for a letter. i see him tues.then ill show the police. they cant deny anything then and hopefully theyll pick him up.

SisterAct

Jul 5, 2011
Liverpool, Merseyside
Hi Chana
Sorry to hear of your ordeal, you must have been terrified. I am so glad you managed to get away but find it unbelievable that the police are not doing anything. I think you are right to pursue it.

Hope you are ok
Luv
Polly x

SWMBO1950

Nov 17, 2011
Essex
Chana

My blood ran cold when I read your post - what a terrible thing to happen to you.

Unfortunately policing tends to work on whether there is a chance of conviction. Even then if the CPS dont think they can run with it (i.e. confident of conviction) the case gets dropped. Time and time again we read that someone has not been prosecuted as they caused no real harm. Well scaring the living daylights out of someone in mental harm in my book.

I do hope you feel better tomorrow and that you eye settles. xx

chana

Jul 17, 2012
europe
Swmbo1950

i agree with you 1000 %. i also thank you for backing me on this. im so upset i collapsed last nite. this year is just getting to me already.my mom(god rest her soul) used to tell me im strong. i must be if i survived this year and then this.the police always push things under the rug., but not this time. ive had enough of it already. people want the crime to stop, but how can it if the police wont do anything to0 stop it! my eye is blurred still. it should have been better. im seeing the surgeon tues.if the lens moved or anythjing happened im going to ask him for a letter. that should help--coming from an eye surgeon. i even have a card in my wallet that i have an artificial lens.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
What a dreadful experience for you. I do think you're right not to let it go. An apology is nothing in these circumstances.

chana

Jul 17, 2012
europe
would you believe...

i agree. i wont accept an apology.i told the police to keep him away from me.my mom used to tell me im so skinny, but tough. i sure hope so.but last night it all finally caught up with me and i fainted. im ok now, but my eye is blurry.if anything haqppened to my eye, im getting a letter on tues from the eye surgeon to show the police.how can crime stop if nobody stops it!

chana

Jul 17, 2012
europe
would you believe...

i got so much great support from everyone that i had to write this to you------that guy who attacked me came to my door today like a scared mouse apologizing. i sure told him where to go. i cannot forgive violence like that.my mom was right---i am 1 tough lady.shed be proud of me if she were here.she always taught me to fight for whats right and for my rights. violence doesnt work with me. he thinks he owns the town, but i (little skinny me) stood up to him. im proud of myself and i know my mom is smiling too.i sure learned strength from my beautiful, wise mom.

chana

Jul 17, 2012
europe
after dementia-dealing with loss

youre right about my eye--thats why im so mad. i started seeing white stripes and i have what they call floaters.the dr will see what it is. if its something more, ill get a letter from him for the police.i can always understand people not agreeing in a rational manner, but i will not tolerate violence. this is assault. if the world is to be a better place, then the police should start doing their job and take these people off the street instead of pushing everything under the rug.im thru sitting back. i have 2 bleeding ulcers from losing my mom. it was a terrible year and nobody will push me around anymore.my mom must be smiling now. she never let anyone push her around either.i learned my strength from her. she was such a wise, caring, and fair woman. but i know her--i jokingly say shes even standing up to god. she wasnt afraid of anyone.

chana

Jul 17, 2012
europe
my eye

i want to say my eye is healing well--in spite of my attack. i need another operation in the left eye too, but in a month or so. the attack didnt do me any harm. i have some minor problems, but they were there already. so i thank all of you for your great support.i wish i could bring charges , but the police say no., i wasnt touched. i moved back. thats not right, i wont accept this guys apology, but i really appreciate all the support i got.maybe ifn the police stopped pushing things under the rug, wed have a better world.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello chana, you must be relieved that there is no furher damage to your eye. I hope the surgery to your left eye goes well.
It's hard to believe that the police won't charge this man.

turbo

chana

Jul 17, 2012
europe
would you believe...

everybody has been so kind and thoughtful to me about my eye.i have some problems with it, but the dr says its not from the attack.now i have a big floater in my left eye. the right eye was operated on. does anyone have experience with this?the dr says it will go away on its own, but it seems that after the attack is when i got it. he says its not related to that at all. if my mom weremhere, shed know just what to do. she always did. i miss that so much.the phone would be ringing off the hook. how i miss that! she used to say I ONLY NEED THE DRS TO SIGN THE PRESCRIPTIONS. how true that was. she was so wise.she wasnt afraid of anything or anyone.i jokingly say shes giving god a hard time. how a ladylike this ended up this way is beyond me.

turbo

Aug 1, 2007
Hello chana, did the doctor say how long it would take for the 'floater' to go away. If it hasn't gone soon I would see the doctor again.I thought you were having surgery on your left eye.

turbo

chana

Jul 17, 2012
europe
would you believe...

turbo--the surgerey was on the right eye-i need the left eye too in a month or 2.the dr examined it and said it should go away on its own, but its not---so ill give it a few more days and then go back.he checked everything, but its so uncomfortable with 2 blurred eyes. i have drops, but maybe i need more time.i cant wait for this whole ordeal to end so i can get new glasses and see the world again. if my mom were here it would have been easier. she was so so wise and loving.my mom only needed the drs to sign the prescriptions. she was so smart and she was never afraid of anything or anyone.she used to tell me i was strong--i told her if i was i had the best teacher!