Where to buy bed sheets

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
I bought mum a couple of mattress/protector fitted sheets from complete care online shop. The great advantage to these is that they have a waterproof backing and top part that goes next to skin is a soft cotton type material.. Really cut down on my washing as I do not need a second ordinary sheet on top. If you do check these out online make sure you check measurements.
Thanks I will have a look at those they sound good

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Our Incontinence service recommended Kylie covers. They go on our double bed with loads to tuck in and I have one to wash and one to wear! They are invaluable. Got them from Amazon around £14 each.
But, the night pads they provide are not good enough so I went to a company online called Hartmann UK and bought some Strampelpeter 2. They fit inside the night pad, have been known to use two, and I think they are brilliant. Really recommend them... they will send you samples.
Good luck... I know how difficult all this is xx

Marnie63

Dec 26, 2015
Hampshire
A slide sheet e.g.
https://www.completecareshop.co.uk/moving-and-handling/glide-and-slide-sheets/

is useful.

You may be able to get one through whoever organised the bed.

If you use one don't leave it on the floor, they are designed to be very slippy.

Yes, slide sheets are great as well, sometimes I use that, or with the carers, when they are here. The good thing about the Wendylett sheets is that they stay in place all the time, so you don't have to roll to get them under the person, or remove the top one after the manoeuvre. The fitted bottom sheet has a slidey top surface and the top, flat sheet, a slidey bottom surface. If course as soon as you start sitting someone up in bed, they slide down, but you can control that to some degree by tucking the very wide sides in. I thought these were issued as standard to all with a hospital bed. We only had one set originally and I had to ask for a second set. I also bought a third set on ebay. They are ridiculously expensive, around £300 for the two, but we got the two sets from the OTs.

I'm not actually 100% sure about this advice to only have one layer on the airflow mattress. The DNs told me that the mattress would not work as well, ie. not as beneficial for the skin, if there were multiple layers on the mattress. Maybe it's more important for someone who is totally bed bound, but the fact remains that if someone's pad leaks, you have to take measures, either disposable bed pads or washable kylie sheets. I can't see that more layers compromise the effectiveness of the airflow mattress, unless they were to be very thick layers of course.

You do have to be very careful with slide sheets - we nearly had mum slip off the bed on one once!

Last edited:

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
Our Incontinence service recommended Kylie covers. They go on our double bed with loads to tuck in and I have one to wash and one to wear! They are invaluable. Got them from Amazon around £14 each.
But, the night pads they provide are not good enough so I went to a company online called Hartmann UK and bought some Strampelpeter 2. They fit inside the night pad, have been known to use two, and I think they are brilliant. Really recommend them... they will send you samples.
Good luck... I know how difficult all this is xx
Hi thanks do you happen to know what size you purchased,was it for a single bed like a hospital bed?

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Hi @witts1973... they are double, just. There is plenty to tuck under, but I would have thought on a single bed you could tuck the overlap under making it even more secure. They might do single size. They wash and tumble easily. I’m really pleased with them.. I’ll check out Amazon and confirm the ones I bought. It’s my husband that has severe urinary Incontinence, so I sleep on the sheet as well, it’s not uncomfortable at all, I just don’t notice.
I must admit I also put disposable 60 x 90 pads, also from Amazon, as I struggle to keep him dry. Hence I use the Strampalpeters number 2 pads from Hartmann uk. I highly recommended these. As I said sometimes I use 2 of them. Please call them and ask for samples, they are very accommodating. I buy pull up pants for when we go out so my husband feels safe and secure. I find they will be ok for 4 hours.
I’m becoming an expert in trying to keep him dry, as I don’t feel there is much professional help out there.
Good luck, and I’ll check Amazon and post again. Box

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
If there's one near you Ikea do a single bed fitted sheet for £2.25, Wilko do one for £3 and Asda £5, but if you don't have one near you then all are available on line.
I've got some of the Asda ones and they're very good for the price but they're all polycotton so easy to wash and dry and no need to iron.
If you find the sheets start to smell a bit put a dishwasher tablet in the washing machine when you wash them, same goes for nightwear and clothes, they do contain a mild bleaching agent but I've never had a problem using them. The tip comes from mumsnet where it's the standard way of washing baby clothes that smell and it does work. I just used the cheap white packaging ones.
K

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
It’s £15.25 deluxe washable reusable double bed protector with tucks. It’s sold by Coastal Linen Supplies, fulfilled by Amazon. I’m sure others sell them too that will be equally as good. Mine have washed and tumble dried a number of times Bxx

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
If there's one near you Ikea do a single bed fitted sheet for £2.25, Wilko do one for £3 and Asda £5, but if you don't have one near you then all are available on line.
I've got some of the Asda ones and they're very good for the price but they're all polycotton so easy to wash and dry and no need to iron.
If you find the sheets start to smell a bit put a dishwasher tablet in the washing machine when you wash them, same goes for nightwear and clothes, they do contain a mild bleaching agent but I've never had a problem using them. The tip comes from mumsnet where it's the standard way of washing baby clothes that smell and it does work. I just used the cheap white packaging ones.
K

Thanks very much,it's nice to have a good choice of shops,I shall look online

witts1973

Jun 20, 2018
Leamington Spa
It’s £15.25 deluxe washable reusable double bed protector with tucks. It’s sold by Coastal Linen Supplies, fulfilled by Amazon. I’m sure others sell them too that will be equally as good. Mine have washed and tumble dried a number of times Bxx

Thanks I shall have a look at those x