Barrys wife

Jan 29, 2024
Hello
I’m Barry’s wife and am contemplating an
“Dementia Adventure “ holida
Has anyone any experience with this company.
Thanks

Barrys wife

Jan 29, 2024
Maybe I should have said that I’m my husband’s carer. He was diagnosed 2 years ago with Alzheimer’s although it’s been a very slow journey beginning about 10 years ago when I first realised that his memory was failing.
My main concern with him is the anxiety that he suffers from, which is exhausting for us both.
Any advice would be great.!
Also if anyone has been on an “dementia adventure “ holiday I would appreciate hearing from you.
Thanks
Barry’s wife !

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
Hi @Barrys wife and welcome to Dementia Support Forum our friendly and helpful community. Going on holiday with someone who has dementia can be great for both the person and their carer. But it can lead to extra confusion and stress which stops the experience from being pleasurable. Having some support when on holiday is something I didn't do but does sound like a good idea. If that is what a "dementia adventure" holiday offers it may well be a good idea. With luck there may be other members here who have first hand knowledge of the sort of holiday you are contemplating.

Barrys wife

Jan 29, 2024
Thank you
I’m hoping that the support will make a holiday possible but do want to make a bad situation worse!

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Don't know but is adverting the services of a private company allowed, no matter how potentially beneficial it may be, just asking. K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bronskibeat