Devon
Ive just deleated a very long post ... but it felt good writing it :D

mum and her twin sister both have this horrible illness
they are both 80 and fit as fiddles

I'm coming upto 50 this year and feel totally knackered
Helen is 45 this year and she is totally knackered too :D:D

I sometimes wonder who is getting the blunt end of this illness
I guess the answer would be..there aint no winners

what a horrible illness this is ..i think we should all raise a glass tonight and wish everyone on here all the luck in he world

stay strong..rant over

john

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
john, i know exactly how you feel. My bones ache constantly and i'm 49 feeling like 79! Dementia caring is exhausting, i used to have a heavy job and i worked 70-80 hours a week but it was easier than what im doing now,at least then i could skive off now and again!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello John

You and your wife, while not exactly drawing the short straw, are probably suffering the most. Make sure you know when it's time to ask for help.

CathT

Jun 18, 2010
Wakefield
Ditto! From another late 40 year old daughter of a dementia sufferer who is on her second glass of wine of the evening (me not my mum!!), I raise my glass to you all!!

This post and responses did make me smile though. Especially the 'skiving' reference!!!

Big hugs and best wishes :)

Jasper3

Oct 28, 2010
Devon
Cheers Guys and gals :D

it does feel good to have a rant ... :D

this evenings visit to Mum and helen was great..mum was in a realy good mood, it just takes that bar of pressure away from that little spot above the eye's :D you know the one I mean

My helen is a complete angel

anyway..i'm raising a glass to all of us..cheers ;)

Redwitch

Mar 24, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Like many of you I am 50 and feel about 70, I am a carer for my Mum (still to be fully diagnosed). I have raised my glass to you and all the other carers of friends and family taken from us piece by piece by this cruel illness. :rolleyes:

Jasper3

Oct 28, 2010
Devon
just a quick thought...if we do this every night ! we will all end up with a drink problem :D:D:D:D
agh well ! another glass poured :D

scared daughter

Account Closed
May 3, 2010
just wanted to send you a hug it is a bad day for us too i just hada rant to the dog = he listened then licked my hand and went to sleep =o/ xxxx

Jasper3

Oct 28, 2010
Devon
make sure you have those rants... ;) they do you the world of good
and!!! every so often make a little time so you can have a smile and chuckle at something stupid ;) I normaly do that by looking in the mirror and watching my hair go grey :D:D