1. bel

bel Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    coventry
    i am a regular tp member
    hubby has frontal lobe dementia
    has not worked for over 2 years
    i run a florist shop could just manage with benefits but shop is struggling big time

i dont know how we will survive without shop income
    we are trying to re launch shop bob and his friend have done good
    his friend has parkinsons plus heart condition
    they both deserve a nobel prize award

2. Taffy

Taffy Registered User

Apr 15, 2007
    Sorry Bel,that I can't suggest anything, small business's do it tuff these days I can only sympathize with you and hope that sales pick up.

Sounds like your very proud of Bob and his friend,It's good to hear of suffers doing positive things, I bet they have made a hugh difference to the shop's appearance. Hopefully their reward will be plenty of customers. I wish you and your shop every success for it's future, fingers crossed things will pick up. Taffy.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear bel.

My heart goes out to you. I don`t know how you`re coping.

Running a business is hard enough, but as a full time carer, it`s asking too much. How can you possibly give the business the attention and drive it needs when you are so physically and emotionally drained.

I really think you are keeping the business going to give Bob some purpose in life, and it`s you who deserves the Nobel Prize.

I wish I could offer some constructive help, but I can only offer sympathy and admiration.

Love xx

4. Kathleen

Kathleen Registered User

Mar 12, 2005
    West Sussex
    Hello bel

I don't know what the answer is, only you can make a decision about the shop, but have you tried writing down a list of for and against keeping the shop or selling it on?

Sometimes it can help by writing the facts down and finding the answer that causes the least amount of stress for you both, you need to look after your own health too, remember.

Hope I have been of some help

Kathleen
    x

5. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear bel

No answers, just sending you love and hugs. I agree with Sylvia, you deserve a Nobel prize too!

Love,

6. dmc

dmc Registered User

Mar 13, 2006
    hi bel

like the others no real answers... sending good wishes your way hope things will improve for you...i too think your deserving of a nobel prize yourself
    donna xxx

Attached Files:

7. bel

bel Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    coventry
    we walked for miles tonight

i did a load of leaflets on computor
    free plant etc
    bob was all for it
    but when we set off he was very agressive
    i wished i had not let him help me but he wouldnt have it
    after a while i said how do you feel now ---ok i said were you frustrated earlier yes i thought we were going in car again my fault --i am trying to make him feel normal whats normal
    love bel x

8. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Hi bel.

It`s so easy to get it wrong isn`t it. You say or do something just naturally, but it`s misunderstood and causes upset.

How to think with an Alzheimer mind?? Wouldn`t we all like to know.

Love xx

9. May

May Registered User

Oct 15, 2005
    Yorkshire
    Sending you hugs Bel, you do an amazing job.

I agree with Grannie G, you deserve a 'gong' as big as the sun.:D

10. Margaret W

Margaret W Registered User

Apr 28, 2007
    North Derbyshire
    Nobel Prize

Dear Bel, what a time you are having. I've no answers, but do look at the social security benefit available for Carers, and if you are self employed don't make the mistake of thinking you can't get State Sickness Benefit or whatever it is called. Suss it out and go see your GP and see if he thinks you are so stressed as to warrant a sick note.

My mum's only just been diagnosed and I'm already finding it takes up so much time, never mind the stress of it all. Look for help where you can, and if the business has to wind down a bit, it will have to. I hope you can find a solution.

Much love

Margaret