what can i do

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
i am a regular tp member
hubby has frontal lobe dementia
has not worked for over 2 years
i run a florist shop could just manage with benefits but shop is struggling big time

i dont know how we will survive without shop income
we are trying to re launch shop bob and his friend have done good
his friend has parkinsons plus heart condition
they both deserve a nobel prize award

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
i run a florist shop could just manage with benefits but shop is struggling big time

Sorry Bel,that I can't suggest anything, small business's do it tuff these days I can only sympathize with you and hope that sales pick up.

bob and his friend have done good

Sounds like your very proud of Bob and his friend,It's good to hear of suffers doing positive things, I bet they have made a hugh difference to the shop's appearance. Hopefully their reward will be plenty of customers. I wish you and your shop every success for it's future, fingers crossed things will pick up. Taffy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear bel.

My heart goes out to you. I don`t know how you`re coping.

Running a business is hard enough, but as a full time carer, it`s asking too much. How can you possibly give the business the attention and drive it needs when you are so physically and emotionally drained.

I really think you are keeping the business going to give Bob some purpose in life, and it`s you who deserves the Nobel Prize.

I wish I could offer some constructive help, but I can only offer sympathy and admiration.

Love xx

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
bel said:
hubby has frontal lobe dementia
has not worked for over 2 years

i dont know how we will survive without shop income
we are trying to re launch shop bob and his friend have done good

Hello bel

I don't know what the answer is, only you can make a decision about the shop, but have you tried writing down a list of for and against keeping the shop or selling it on?

Sometimes it can help by writing the facts down and finding the answer that causes the least amount of stress for you both, you need to look after your own health too, remember.

Hope I have been of some help

Kathleen
x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear bel

No answers, just sending you love and hugs. I agree with Sylvia, you deserve a Nobel prize too!

Love,

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi bel

like the others no real answers... sending good wishes your way hope things will improve for you...i too think your deserving of a nobel prize yourself
donna xxx

Attachments

• little angel.gif
    little angel.gif
    6.9 KB · Views: 289

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
we walked for miles tonight

i did a load of leaflets on computor
free plant etc
bob was all for it
but when we set off he was very agressive
i wished i had not let him help me but he wouldnt have it
after a while i said how do you feel now ---ok i said were you frustrated earlier yes i thought we were going in car again my fault --i am trying to make him feel normal whats normal
love bel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi bel.

It`s so easy to get it wrong isn`t it. You say or do something just naturally, but it`s misunderstood and causes upset.

How to think with an Alzheimer mind?? Wouldn`t we all like to know.

Love xx

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sending you hugs Bel, you do an amazing job.

I really think you are keeping the business going to give Bob some purpose in life, and it`s you who deserves the Nobel Prize.

I agree with Grannie G, you deserve a 'gong' as big as the sun.:D

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Nobel Prize

Dear Bel, what a time you are having. I've no answers, but do look at the social security benefit available for Carers, and if you are self employed don't make the mistake of thinking you can't get State Sickness Benefit or whatever it is called. Suss it out and go see your GP and see if he thinks you are so stressed as to warrant a sick note.

My mum's only just been diagnosed and I'm already finding it takes up so much time, never mind the stress of it all. Look for help where you can, and if the business has to wind down a bit, it will have to. I hope you can find a solution.

Much love

Margaret

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti