Wax and Gran

Wax

May 30, 2024
Wales
Hiya im Wax. Im a nonbinary person looking after my gran who has vascular dementia and Alzheimers. She was diagnosed with these 4 months ago and has got way worse since the diagnosis (as expected). And im just looking for people to talk to of any age who understand me. To my gran im just “the nice lady” but we get on really well. I do the day care and my uncle covers nights and early mornings.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello @Wax and welcome to the forum

You are among friends here because we all understand what it is like to care for someone with dementia - whatever our age and background.
I joined this site because my mum had been diagnosed with Alzheimers. She passed away a few years ago and now I am caring for my OH

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome from me too @Wax.

Are you caring for your gran by yourself or do you have family support?

Don’t hold back from asking for support from the services and there’ll always be someone on the forum to offer advice, support and information.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Hello @Wax and welcome from me also to this friendly and supportive forum. There is a wealth of shared experience of dementia to be found here, so I am glad you have found us.

I am sorry to read about your gran. It's a horrible disease for sure, but here you will at least find true understanding, support and advice should you need it. People here really do want to help.
Also, it's a great safe space to have a bit of a rant or let off some steam sometimes.