1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

Unwanted Jewellery Donation

Discussion in 'Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society' started by Toony Oony, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Toony Oony

Toony Oony Registered User

Jun 21, 2016
    I belong to the WI and before Christmas we contributed to the British Heart Foundation by donating unwanted, or broken jewellery. Not just the good stuff, costume was welcomed too ;)

When I Googled to see if they were still collecting, I discovered that the Alzheimer's society have a similar scheme. https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/info/20014/make_a_donation/164/donate_old_jewellery

No surprises as to where Mum's no longer used baubles are shortly to be sent!

I am assuming that the Alzheimer's scheme is similar to BHF's, whereby anything resaleable is sold. Broken or damaged fine jewellery gets sold as scrap - anything else is broken up for beads, findings etc. A Freepost bag can be requested or you can send Freepost to the given address.

I thought I would just post this, as I cannot be the only one who is emptying property after a loved one has gone into residential care and has unwanted items that could be donated toraise funds.
  2. Rolypoly

Rolypoly Registered User

Jan 15, 2018
    Thanks for the heads up. Always useful to know.
  3. PJ

PJ Registered User

Jan 26, 2017
    I signed up for this & have received 2 med sized addressed envelopes to send old costume jewellery (even broken) to help raise funds :)