"Until Then"

LesleyMonty

Jul 7, 2009
leicester uk
Just thought that I would share this with you all it was
taken from a card sent to me on the death of my lovely Mum and is so apt as to how I feel right now:-

From where I sit, I shed a tear
wishing somehow that you were near so
I close my eyes and think of you
and in just a moment you step into view
Now you are not here for me to touch
my memories are precious and mean so much
I have no doubt that you are safe
for you have moved to a brighter place
You will be welcomed with open arms
and all around a loving calm
There's even a seat reserved for you reward.
for the love you gave and the life you knew
I know someday I'll see you again
I'll think of you often, rest until then .......

Lovely isn't it ? It is coming to that time of year when I am missing my Mum and Sister the most as we would now be busy arranging all family festivities as to where we should have Christmas lunch and whose turn is it, whose cooking "the bird" etc, etc. Mum used to love getting prepared and we loved shopping together, having coffee,with lots of giggling although we would all be absolutely jiggered at the end of the afternoon but not before parking the car at home and going across the road to the local pub for a "little tot".

Vonny

Feb 3, 2009
Telford
Dear Lesley,

Lovely words, thank you for sharing those.

We are wondering how we will cope with the run up to Christmas without mum. I think "the bird" is to be given a miss on Christmas day and it's a toss up between an indian take-away or a supermarket pizza.

I hope that both you and I will one day enjoy the magic of Christmas again, in the meantime it's a very bleak prospect.

Von xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Lesley,

That is such a lovely verse Lesley.

Dear Vonny,

There will be no festive cheer here either. I don't know if I'll ever have the Christmas spirit again. My mum's birthday falls on Christmas day. My dad loved Christmas with all the trimmings. This is the second Christmas without them both and last Christmas I had my sister and we reminisced and it was nice and now she has gone too. I have had my fair share of happy Christmas so I should be grateful for that I guess.

I hope it's all emotionally manageable for you both.

Caring Thoughts,

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Lesley,
Thank you for hsaring that was lovely.

This is the first Christmas without Peter and I just wanted to stay in my home but when you have Grandchildren who want me to spend Christmas with them (as Peter and I always did) I have to remember that they are still hurting as well.

Love from
Christine

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
HI Lesleymonty

I was really worried about last Christmas, my first without my Mum. But as I got into the preparations, which ahd to be done as I have twin 7 year old sons (8 next week) I suddenly found a sense of peace that I was not expecting as I realised that my parents had given me the gift of so many happy memories and traditions for Christmas time which I was passing onto my kids, and while they might not be with me in body that their spirits were here in what we were doing.

Yes, there were moments of grief and tears, but there was a certain amount of peace in the circle of life as I passed on to my kids the memories and traditions that my parents had given me.

SO life goes on, with warm memories, making those memories for those about us too.

Love

Mameeskye