Todays doggy stories

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
This morning Alan dropped the only dog he has that is made of resin. A leg dropped off and also it's tail. Alan was distraught. At about the same time we took delivery of a new animated doggy kindly sent to Alan by Gigi:) I felt Alan was too upset to be able to appreciate it at that moment so I didn't unwrap the parcel. I hurried off to the shops to buy some special glue. Alan was distracted by doing the dishes. Once it was repaired, I showed it to Alan and he burst into real sobbing. I have never seen him like this. It was heart rending.

After a little while, once he was happier again, I unwrapped the parcel, turned the dog on and let the dog walk towards Alan. It was wonderful. He stretched out his arms and was saying "come on then, come on" with such tenderness.

Here are a few of todays photographs. Alan is grooming the new one:)
Al with dogs 2.12.09.jpg

Al combing dog 2.12.09.jpg

combing new dog 2.12.09.jpg

tending to dogs 2.12.09.jpg

Last edited:

Scottie45

Jan 25, 2009
CoAntrim
Dear Helen

Sorry to hear about Alan being so upset about his wee dog,so glad you were able to fix it,wasn,t that nice of Gigi to think about Alan,at least in the photos he looks content,hope your eveing is better than this morning,take care Marian xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you Marian. This afternoon the CPN came to visit and she saw Alan with the dogs. She said "you have to see it to believe it. It is so wonderful to actually see".

Love

stikwik

Oct 31, 2007
Nottingham
oh helen, i'm tearing-up (pron tier-ing, not tare-ing) just looking at those wonderful pictures and hearing your news and knowing the background etc etc!!! i think we all wish we could have a similar situation re a toy animal of some kind for our loved one. it just seems such ideal daily therapy for alan.

which one is gigi's dog? the westie being groomed?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Helen how awful for you to see Alan in such distress when the resin dog broke. And how moving it must have been to feel his emotion when you repaired it.

And how caring he is with he new dog from gigi. What a rollercoaster of emotions for him .

And I see the orang utan is taking care of the rest of the family while Alan grooms his new dog. :)

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Helen,

I don't cry easily these days..but those pics of Alan with that little doggie made me weep. He shows such love and tenderness..and care with all his doggies.

which one is gigi's dog? the westie being groomed?
Yes...it's the Westie being groomed....:D

I'm over the moon that he's found a good home....:)

Thankyou Alan for taking care of him...!

Love xx

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
the pictures are great helen he looks so caring hope you have a good night larivy

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
How beautiful it is to see Alan caring so very much for his treasures. Thank you Helen for sharing those moments with us - not sure whether to laugh or cry :eek:

Love Jan

Pescita

Oct 31, 2009
Thanks for sharing the story & the photos with us, Helen. They are so very touching.

And what a great idea the animated Westie was - well done Gigi!