Alan's Second Day with sitter

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
The sitter is here now! The first hour I had a client and was working. Alan and L are downstairs chatting and Alan sounds really well. He seems to be quite animated and busy. He's taken her for a walk, he finished mowing the back lawn, he's been showing her photos of the dogs we once had. She is lovely and I just wish she could do all the slots.

Now How Sad Is this I don't know what to do with myself. I can do anything I want but usually at this time in the evening I just wind down. Alan and I wind down together. I have decided that I need to experience this for another few weeks and then I will know what I actually need with regard to times. I don't think I need as much as has been allotted but I will experience it all properly first and then make a more informed decision.

I will need to see how Alan is tomorrow after being so animated. It is nice that he is getting this quality of attention because I cannot offer it to him in the same way because I have everything else to run and consider.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Helen

It all sounds wonderful.

You are bound to feel at a bit of a loose end to begin with, as all your time has been accounted for, for a good while and you`ve probably had very little free time.

But it will come Helen. I really wish I was in the same position, it would be wonderful to hear Dhiren chatting animatedly to a sitter. Who knows it may happen yet.

One day I`m sure you will really begin to feel the benefit.

Love xx