Throwing tea on floor

TessB

Nov 14, 2023
So today mum threw the rest of her tea on the floor. She was in bed at the time and I'd raised it to push the fall mat back underneath so the tea covered quite a large area. But why did she throw it? Don't think she's done it before.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
How annoying for you @TessB I hope you managed to get it cleaned up ok. I’m not sure why this happens, I remember having to stop my mum from tipping her juice upside down - no idea why - I suspect it’s a lack of impulse control.

TessB

Nov 14, 2023
How annoying for you @TessB I hope you managed to get it cleaned up ok. I’m not sure why this happens, I remember having to stop my mum from tipping her juice upside down - no idea why - I suspect it’s a lack of impulse control.
I did my best at cleaning it up. Fortunately the carpet is light beige. That sounds very possible. Thank you.

qiddie.

Sep 22, 2022
Hello,
Yesterday and today the food was on the carpet and slippers and chest of drawers and side table. Dishes were thrown on carpet. Food and drink were on clothes, on protective apron, on table, on falls mat, on slip cover, on falls mat cover. With tea and juice etc.

Bedclothes which were neatly made just two or three hours ago were thrown, destructively, to the bottom of the bed.

Today table was also thrown onto floor.

Alongside, hand holding, hugs and kisses, a lot of shouting.

TessB

Nov 14, 2023
Hello,
Yesterday and today the food was on the carpet and slippers and chest of drawers and side table. Dishes were thrown on carpet. Food and drink were on clothes, on protective apron, on table, on falls mat, on slip cover, on falls mat cover. With tea and juice etc.

Bedclothes which were neatly made just two or three hours ago were thrown, destructively, to the bottom of the bed.

Today table was also thrown onto floor.

Alongside, hand holding, hugs and kisses, a lot of shouting.
Throwing tea on the floor was very mild then. What a pain for you to have to clear that lot up. Hope things calm down for you both.

maggie6445

Dec 29, 2023
Like @Grannie G I thought it might be that it was a way of saying they don't want it. Is verbal communication poor? Was tea too hot,cold sweet or not sweet enough? As cognition is lost pwd become more childlike in ability. Young children and babies regularly throw food on the floor if they don't want it.

TessB

Nov 14, 2023
Mum didn't have any food, just the mug of tea. She often drinks only half of it, apparently thinking she can't/shouldn't drink the rest as sometimes she asks. Verbal communication is poor but I usually manage to understand what she is getting at. I wasn't in the room at the time.

TessB

Nov 14, 2023
Couple of days ago mum asked if she should throw the rest of her tea away. So I'm wondering if that's what she was doing when it went on the floor

TessB

Nov 14, 2023
Thought this had posted but apparently not. A couple of days ago mum asked if she should throw away the rest of her tea. I wonder if that was what she was doing when it went on the floor.