Thought I would pass this on.

acacia

Jan 15, 2013
Living in Spain. Talking to a lady whos husband has early onset of Alzheimers we were discussing medications, she told me that her husbands memory and confusion had really improved over the last couple of months with Betrinac , with the approval of her Spanish DR . which is a combination of vitamins. Fortunately they post to Spain so I am going to send for some and give them a try. O.H. is still doing well on Somazina and thankfully my Dr. is continuing to prescribe even though the Health Authorities are having a clamp down on expensive medication. My friend took her husbands usual prescription from her Dr. and was told by the Chemist that as from 1st October this particular drug which was Existol and is expensive has to be approved and stamped by the Health Authorty before she could get it,she could have paid the full price. but is going to wait and see what happens. Acacia.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
As far as I know Betrinac is mainly a Vit B supplement which can be bought privately as any other vitamin supplement.
I think the make up of this particular supplement is Vit B12 1 mg, Vit B6 20 mg, Folic Acid 800 mcg and N-acetyloysteine 600 mg.

For those interested I suggest you discuss this with your GP or M.H Consultant to be sure it does not conflict with any other medication.

Last edited: